PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Remember the 'Logic is dead lol' posts?

hehe.

dupont wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
dupont wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
dupont wrote:Logic automation need a serious rework to catch up with Reaper AI and S1 automation tools.
What needs improving/changing?
Have a look at how studio one handles automation with the shape & transform tool or Reaper with the AI clips allows to draw complex waveform automation within a few clics and sliders move.

It will takes hours to draw such a complex automation pattern with Logic or even not possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGppyhQGbWY
Mhhh...that needed a lot of clicks to add a simple LFO style automation. I just can do that way faster and more accurate in logic with Midi FX controlling automation and just write them.
Which midi FX ?
Since Logic 10.3.1 you can use Logic´s midi FX modulator to modulate all automation parameters. You can at least use LFO´s, envelopes or combine both.
I just have to click on learn automation parameter and then turn the knob, slider or whatever in my plug-in. That´s it. Just like you would use midi learn but with all available automation parameter in any plug-in.
I just do wish that midi FX could modulate other midi FX and i can use just 8 instances per track (means 8 LFO and 8 envelopes) and also could use other midi FX like the arpeggiator for this.
I still miss some things in Logic but this feature was a very welcome thing for me. No need really to draw automation anymore if i want an editable LFO or envelope for this.

To add more for the LFO automation things.....the great thing in Logic is also when you now assigned an automation parameter to the midi FX LFO f.e. you could now draw automation on top for this midi FX. So indeed you can modulate the modulator or easy said you can automate automation parameters which are controlled by a LFO or envelope etc. :D
That all with a few clicks in a few seconds.
Maybe other DAW´s can do the same, not sure. But i also like that Logic seems to have the best MPE support too.

I was checking the new features in Alchemy 2 this morning and came up with this experiment, live on video:

Audio-morphing a female vocal sample (portato repetitions with accel/rit and cresh/decresh) with a violin col legno texture (repeating notes, bow hitting the string), unfortunately there are some clicks from the video audio encoder at the beginning of the video, but they fade away after a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDknrEDXlRI

Not had time to explore this yet, what are the coolest new Alchemy features?

aMUSEd wrote:Not had time to explore this yet, what are the coolest new Alchemy features?
Well the auto-align is a very helpful new feature for audio morphing two or more samples with each other, no longer setting up markers manually, that saves a lot of time. The new additive effects are nothing special really, but some of them are helpful.

If it makes producing a new Alchemy bank from you any easier that can only be a good thing :pray:

aMUSEd wrote:If it makes producing a new Alchemy bank from you any easier that can only be a good thing :pray:
We'll see...checking the new vocal filters now.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I was checking the new features in Alchemy 2 this morning and came up with this experiment, live on video:

Audio-morphing a female vocal sample (portato repetitions with accel/rit and cresh/decresh) with a violin col legno texture (repeating notes, bow hitting the string), unfortunately there are some clicks from the video audio encoder at the beginning of the video, but they fade away after a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDknrEDXlRI
From 3:36, onwards, sounds like some x-rated utterances :tu:

Some hidden messages from dimension 4.

Nice video thank´s. Did not had time to check any of the 31(!) Alchemy changes/updates.
I have Falcon, Omnisphere 2, Kontakt 5 and other tools for sample mangling but i like Alchemy the most, also because of the deep integration into Logic of course.
The only thing i really miss from version 1.55 is the .tun file and waveforms import.
If they could bring that back it would be my favorite (hybrid) synth these days again.
So i would prefer a sound set for it over all the other hybrid synth tools.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Some hidden messages from dimension 4.
:hihi: :hihi:

Cinebient wrote:Nice video thank´s. Did not had time to check any of the 31(!) Alchemy changes/updates.
I have Falcon, Omnisphere 2, Kontakt 5 and other tools for sample mangling but i like Alchemy the most, also because of the deep integration into Logic of course.
The only thing i really miss from version 1.55 is the .tun file and waveforms import.
If they could bring that back it would be my favorite (hybrid) synth these days again.
The only things missing to make A2 the complete hybrid monster synth - support of tuning files and a full wavetable engine with a wavetable editor like in HALion 6, or at least wavetable import á la Falcon. But we can't have everything I suppose.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Nice video thank´s. Did not had time to check any of the 31(!) Alchemy changes/updates.
The only things missing to make A2 the complete hybrid monster synth - support of tuning files and a full wavetable engine with a wavetable editor like in HALion 6, or at least wavetable import á la Falcon. But we can't have everything I suppose.
Sadly....strange that tuning was and is available in the old version. It´s a feature i want in every synth/instrument. Logic´s intern tuning doesn´t do it really.
Otherwise i really like it more than the other monster synths and seems to be a lot better for my little cpu.

I wonder if the preference Apple have for tuning to be on a global per project level rather than per instrument is that it ensures everything in the project, including the sequencer itself, is also then in tune? After all I know of very few hosts that actually have tuning built in on such a deep level.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”