Bands similar to Nine Inch Nails?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
deastman wrote:Front Line Assembly
+1

Producer genuises :tu:

Good to see you mention Consolidated too, they had something cookin' in the early '90s
Being from the SF Bay Area, I went to a few Consolidated gigs back in the day. I really liked the way they would pause the show at the halfway point and open the floor to political debate with the audience. They were never afraid to speak their minds, regardless of whether their positions were fashionable or not. A friend of mine knew Adam, the front man, and she was going to introduce me to him, but it never quite happened. Probably for the best, considering what he would have thought of my leather jacket and Doc Martens. :hihi: Mark Pistel's first solo electronic album after Consolidate was really rather good, by the way. And they had the whole connection to Jack Dangers / Meat Beat Manifesto.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:Let's not forget this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xg-Wk2DEXs

:wink:
ahahahah nice

deastman wrote:And they had the whole connection to Jack Dangers / Meat Beat Manifesto.
Thanks for sharing. What was/is the MBM connection with Consolidated?

I am also a fan of MBM, tracks like DogStarMan/Helter Skelter are great, but as it was released in '90 it is difficult to say if MBM got some inspiration by NiN or vice versa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxETr_igHhw

BTW, interesting post by Carlos Valenica under that vid: "saw them in miami at the kitchen club opening for nine inch nails"

MBM are nothing like NIN...

AnX wrote:MBM are nothing like NIN...
Yeah, to my ears they are quite different too.

But interesting that MBM has been the opening act for NiN at US shows.

Numanoid wrote:
AnX wrote:MBM are nothing like NIN...
Yeah, to my ears they are quite different too.

But interesting that MBM has been the opening act for NiN at US shows.
Same label (nothing) and the fact they have been labelled "industrial" at some point.

Numanoid wrote:
deastman wrote:And they had the whole connection to Jack Dangers / Meat Beat Manifesto.
Thanks for sharing. What was/is the MBM connection with Consolidated?

I am also a fan of MBM, tracks like DogStarMan/Helter Skelter are great, but as it was released in '90 it is difficult to say if MBM got some inspiration by NiN or vice versa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxETr_igHhw

BTW, interesting post by Carlos Valenica under that vid: "saw them in miami at the kitchen club opening for nine inch nails"
Jack Dangers produced Consolidated. I remember a quote from Adam saying that Jack made them sound "better than they deserved to". :hihi:

And Mark Pistel has been a frequent member of Meat Beat Manifesto's live band for years.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Numanoid wrote:But interesting that MBM has been the opening act for NiN at US shows.
Anyone like Raymond Watts ? Aka - Pig ? Some (a lot) of his stuff is great, and very "industrial". Also opened for NIN in 1994 I think it was. :)

Other than that, check out 'Skold', especially that first one, very Nin-spired if you ask me, especially the slower stuff. 8)

Perimeter Sound wrote:
Numanoid wrote:But interesting that MBM has been the opening act for NiN at US shows.
Anyone like Raymond Watts ? Aka - Pig ? Some (a lot) of his stuff is great, and very "industrial". Also opened for NIN in 1994 I think it was. :)

Other than that, check out 'Skold', especially that first one, very Nin-spired if you ask me, especially the slower stuff. 8)

Yeah, i had Praise the Lard and A Stroll in the Pork. I thought he was more like The The than NIN... :shrug:

Swans I guess must have had some influcence on Trent Reznor ?

Twenty Two Cm Metal Spikes
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:Twenty Two Cm Metal Spikes
Interesting, do you know Kaksi Kaksi Pistepirkko ?

AnX wrote:
Perimeter Sound wrote:

Yeah, i had Praise the Lard and A Stroll in the Pork. I thought he was more like The The than NIN... :shrug:
Check out his later stuff, umm, "Sinsation", "Wrecked" and "No One Gets Out Of Her Alive", are all much more industrial/cinematic to my ears. Though calling him a NIN sound-alike is probably never gonna happen, I would say his later stuff is more in-that-neighborhood at least. :)

not quite the same vein, but you might also like switchblade symphony.

there are at least a couple of japanese bands which might be similar... first, there's malice mizer, then (to an extent) maybe dir en grey... but more along the lines of nin (afaict) would be moi dix moix... the main 'dude' from moi dix moix was in malice mizer (afaik)...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”