Waveform new features requests

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tatanka wrote:Hi,

any news about when scale notes will be available in midi pattern generator melody ?
This already works, doesn't it? Just click the button that says "All notes in key" in the melody midi pattern editor.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Add the ability to trigger scripts by MIDI notes and controllers.

Also please add the ability for control surfaces to select tracks, and perhaps clips, and plugins. The ability to run these scripts is awesome, but the ability to select the object on which to run them is really going to extend the power a great deal.

I have moved to another daw, It can pan mono unlike waveform, also it can pan sends. Waveform shifts mono to the left channel only leaving the right one blank. Kind of strange behaviour... Generally I have got the impression that WF\tracktion is a raw product compared to the top daws on the market. However i liked its speed and one-tab interface. A good way for beginners.
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

solomute wrote:I have moved to another daw, It can pan mono unlike waveform, also it can pan sends. Waveform shifts mono to the left channel only leaving the right one blank. Kind of strange behaviour...
I've been panning mono since I started using Tracktion, which was around v1.6 or earlier, about fifteen years ago. I've no idea how you're failing to do it. Guess i'll just stick with my beginners DAW, that I can use to pan mono signals.

This already works, doesn't it? Just click the button that says "All notes in key" in the melody midi pattern editor.
:oops: :oops: :oops: sorry, just have missed this information, great :tu:

Have just tried out the "all notes in key" but I think I would need BOTH (just realized that I had no "A" when I am in Dminor and have the Aminor chord......).

Best would be check box for BOTH:

x all notes in key

x all notes in chord

So you can choose either of it or both :D

And should be viewable which is which (different colours ?)

And another request: an option would be great to not loose anything if you change the settings (thats a more gneral request for the midi pattern editor) so that you can kind of work in a generative way.

For example in this case "melody" start with the chord notes, keep them, and then go on with adding some scale notes.

I am NOT finished with this, for me midi pattern generator greatest new feature from waveform :D :D :D

True multi mid channel clips. If this exist now, I haven't been able to figure it out.

Being able to arrange in the MIDI editor without swapping would be nice. In other DAWs I have used, color is used to indicate channel.

tatanka wrote:Have just tried out the "all notes in key" but I think I would need BOTH (just realized that I had no "A" when I am in Dminor and have the Aminor chord......).

Best would be check box for BOTH:

x all notes in key

x all notes in chord

So you can choose either of it or both :D
I think this is just broken tbh.

If you set the global key to D minor, and get it to generate chords, with i V iV, it will choose Dminor, Aminor and Gminor, which is right. But tell it to use all the notes in the scale, in the melody tool, in pattern generator, and it comes up with D D# F G G# A# C D, which is just nonsense. The D minor scale is D E F G A Bb C

So I think that just needs fixed. If you choose all the notes in the scale, then the notes for the relative chords in the scale will be right too, that's how it works.

So i think this is a bug that the devs need to fix.
tatanka wrote:And should be viewable which is which (different colours ?)
This already happens. The chord notes appear as yellow, the scale notes not in the chord appear as blue (when you paint them in)

That said, this also looks buggy. Even with the basic major scale, in a key of D Major, with a i chord, then not selecting "all notes in key", you can paint in D F# or A notes, in yellow, which is right. Change to "all notes in key" and the F# becomes an F, and it paints in as blue. Which is just wrong.

I think they're probably calculating semi-tone steps from the root note, to get the notes in the scale, and notes in a chord, and have buggered the intervals up a bit for some notes. Should be easy enough to fix, I would guess ...
tatanka wrote:I am NOT finished with this, for me midi pattern generator greatest new feature from waveform :D :D :D
Agreed. I think it's great too. There's lots more I'd like it to do, but i'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

I think this is just broken tbh
Should be easy enough to fix
It looked strange to me but could computer be wrong ?????

Yes they can :lol:

Hope it get fixed soon, happy that its (mainly) done and just needs to be fixed.

tatanka wrote:

Hope it get fixed soon, happy that its (mainly) done and just needs to be fixed.
I'm not a programmer, especially not audio software. But logically, the scale relationships to the root note are the same, in terms of semi-tone shifts, no matter what note you start on.

In other words, if you're in C major, to go from the first note (C) to the second scale note (D) it's two semi-tones. Same to go from D to E. But the third shift, in C Major, from E to F, is just a semi-tone, because there's no black key above E.

So it goes 2 semi-tones, 2 semi-tones, 1 semi-tone (etc) to create a major scale, up to the next octave note. That works, whether your root note is C D E F G A B (I think, without checking too much)

So I imagine that shift, between notes, for the scale, is probably what's used to determine the scale notes, and has probably been coded slightly wrong. If all that's true, fixing it isn't a big deal, you just code the right semi-tone movements between scale notes, not the wrong ones.

I could be talking bollocks. That sometimes happens.

Include some kind of IR convo plugin for guitar cabs , bass cabs , and reverb . Maybe add it to the DAW essentials plugins as an upgrade or something .

fedexnman wrote:Include some kind of IR convo plugin for guitar cabs , bass cabs , and reverb . Maybe add it to the DAW essentials plugins as an upgrade or something .
Why when there are nice free ones?

Rock wrote:
fedexnman wrote:Include some kind of IR convo plugin for guitar cabs , bass cabs , and reverb . Maybe add it to the DAW essentials plugins as an upgrade or something .
Why when there are nice free ones?
It'd just be nice to have a DAW included one or add to the DAW essentials . S1 has one . Logic too , Max4Live too . Also the Linux crowd would benefit too .

The Linux crowd has guitarix :)

I like it that Tracktion doesn't include too much stuff (though the new sampler was much needed).

chico.co.uk wrote:
tatanka wrote:

I'm not a programmer, especially not audio software. But logically, the scale relationships to the root note are the same, in terms of semi-tone shifts, no matter what note you start on.

In other words, if you're in C major, to go from the first note (C) to the second scale note (D) it's two semi-tones. Same to go from D to E. But the third shift, in C Major, from E to F, is just a semi-tone, because there's no black key above E.

So it goes 2 semi-tones, 2 semi-tones, 1 semi-tone (etc) to create a major scale, up to the next octave note. That works, whether your root note is C D E F G A B (I think, without checking too much)

So I imagine that shift, between notes, for the scale, is probably what's used to determine the scale notes, and has probably been coded slightly wrong. If all that's true, fixing it isn't a big deal, you just code the right semi-tone movements between scale notes, not the wrong ones.

I could be talking bollocks. That sometimes happens.
Good catch on the bugs! :tu:

Major scale intervals (in semitones):

2-2-1-2-2-2-1

http://www.howmusicworks.org/202/The-Ma ... ajor-Scale

The Natural Minor Scale intervals:

2-1-2-2-1-2-2

http://www.howmusicworks.org/402/Scales ... inor-Scale
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Tracktion”