Replicant vs Ubermod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Replicant1 ValhallaÜberMod

Boone777 wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:What is your ultimate goal exactly? Is it to impress Elton John? If it is then go with the one & only Imperial Delay.
Or wait for MTurbodelay ! ...wich will probably be anything but simple!
Nor cheap
Amazon: why not use an alternative

So playing with Rep2 a bit more after work, its definitely a different animal with the
addition of the stutter feature. If you have the first version and like it, you're
definitely going to want to upgrade. It may be that I never really knew how to use
version 1, but version 2 seems quite a bit more capable. The stutter mode can
produce near granular-type effects as well as much improved repeating IMHO.

-Cheers

Regarding the topic: I love them both and would never want to have to choose
between them. They are nothing alike IMO... If I had to choose, I'd have to say Ubermod
is more useful and would probably go that way. But I would be unhappy about it.

My 2 cents...

As a long-time fan of Replicant, is V2.0 less *clicky* on non-drum material ? :) I guess I was hoping for an *attack* adjustment, just a few ms might help tame some of the artifacts I would get on basslines and synths. Also, can the new -stutter- effect be applied "slowly" or, hmm, distantly (between events) enough to make it subtle and/or barely noticeable ?

It does sound less "clicky" to me, there is also a Decay parameter (no Attack though) on the output
that seems to smooth things out a bit if desired. The stutter is very controllable,
infact the pseudo granular sounds I was talking about are not going the be
immediately evident, they're going to require playing around with the randomization
functions for "Loop and Repeat" along with a high-freq stutter.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote:There is a dedicated store page for upgrades. Just search for upgrades in the site search bar. It doesn't come up with an address I can copy from my phone.
-cheers
Got it, thank you
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Unfiltered Audio Sandman and Exponential Audio Excalibur are some very complex plugins for doing delay.

pekbro wrote:It does sound less "clicky" to me, there is also a Decay parameter (no Attack though) on the output
that seems to smooth things out a bit if desired. The stutter is very controllable,
infact the pseudo granular sounds I was talking about are not going the be
immediately evident, they're going to require playing around with the randomization
functions for "Loop and Repeat" along with a high-freq stutter.

-Cheers
Thanks for the info. :) I grabbed it yesterday. The -stutter- effect is kind of cool, I still need more practice to combine it with the delay and not make everything messy and overdone, but it seems like it has some nice added potential. The bit crusher still drops from 24bits (no crushing there I assume) str8 down to 12 bits which then seems to add a bit of grainy-hiss to everything....Would've been nice to have it drop in 2 bit increments, or just 1 at a time, and/or maybe some kind of additional control over the <shape> of it like with the 2 controls Hive has for instance....But for the $10 upgrade price ya get the stutter thing and a new UI, so whatever eh. 8)

Return to “Effects”