DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Richard_Synapse wrote:
EnGee wrote:Well, the Sallen-Key is not the Korg MS-20 filter as it is written in this page (before the last paragraph):
http://www.timstinchcombe.co.uk/index.php?pge=korg

I found another explanation that says the Korg35 filter (which used in MS-20) is kind of Sallen-Key filter:
https://ask.audio/articles/synthesis-es ... ur-filters
Hmmm, so that I felt it this way then!
Yes the MS-20 filters are Sallen-Key types with a 12dB slope for the low-pass. This type of filter is easily recognizable by its "brutal" resonance compared to the traditional 24dB ladder filters. The Sallen-Key model in DUNE 2 is closest to the late MS-20 filter, which works and sounds somewhat different to the early MS-20 filter. Regarding that screaming resonance, both are similar, though.

Richard
Thank you Richard :tu:

EnGee wrote:
AnX wrote:XP is Oberheim :wink:
It is an Xpander filter:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberheim_Xpander
Yep it was inspired by that :) The goal was just to have a good filter though, it was not designed to emulate the Xpander filter in the same detail as e.g. The Legend does with the Model D filter. Cloning something like the Xpander exactly would imply some questionable design choices, like having a stepped filter for instance.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:
EnGee wrote:
AnX wrote:XP is Oberheim :wink:
It is an Xpander filter:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oberheim_Xpander
Yep it was inspired by that :) The goal was just to have a good filter though, it was not designed to emulate the Xpander filter in the same detail as e.g. The Legend does with the Model D filter. Cloning something like the Xpander exactly would imply some questionable design choices, like having a stepped filter for instance.

Richard
Thanks again Richard :) I like all the filters in Dune 2. Still the Legend has 'greater quality' filter compared to the 'ladder' in Dune 2, but Dune 2 as 'all in one' synth is amazing really.

I do need to invest more time with it. I might do a Dune 2 only track (as I did with the Legend), but mostly I will use the two together in my next track.

Any news when we can expect the birth of Dune 3? :oops: (I'm taking advantage of your response :clown: )

EnGee wrote:Thanks again Richard :) I like all the filters in Dune 2. Still the Legend has 'greater quality' filter compared to the 'ladder' in Dune 2, but Dune 2 as 'all in one' synth is amazing really.

I do need to invest more time with it. I might do a Dune 2 only track (as I did with the Legend), but mostly I will use the two together in my next track.

Any news when we can expect the birth of Dune 3? :oops: (I'm taking advantage of your response :clown: )
Once it has reached beta stage, it will be easier to predict- at the moment I think we will need at least this year to finish D3. :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Once it has reached beta stage, it will be easier to predict- at the moment I think we will need at least this year to finish D3. :)

Richard
Oh wow! This is fantastic news. It means a lot of work is being put into it :D This will give me enough time I guess with Dune 2 before upgrading to version 3.
Best of luck with it, although I'm sure it will be a hit :)

You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Richard_Synapse wrote:
EnGee wrote:Thanks again Richard :) I like all the filters in Dune 2. Still the Legend has 'greater quality' filter compared to the 'ladder' in Dune 2, but Dune 2 as 'all in one' synth is amazing really.

Richard
Please consider to add .tun file import because i want it to go along with other tunable synths/instruments and that´s my most missed option in Dune 2 right now.

You know, I've ignored Dune 2 for a while now because of all of the other plugins I have, but after breaking it out and using it wholeheartedly, I have to say Dune 2 is up there with the best. Funny enough I love the onboard compressor, and I actually tried to emulate it's character, and could not make it happen with any of the compressors I have. I actually went to the Synapse website to see if they sold a suite of effects including the compressor in Dune 2. I don't know maybe I'm crazy or something, but there seems to be this nice little overdrive thing going on inside of it when you pass the threshold. I just can't believe how much I've fallen in love with Dune 2's sound. The Rob Lee presets are also fantastic, which adds even more to the value of Dune 2.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Today I started to miss Dune 2 for the first time. I wanted to make some very special sound and remember that Dune 2 has a preset that is perfect for that : a unique version of a TB303. When I sold it I needed the money to buy expansion packs for OnePingOnly, but now I wonder if it was worth it...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Fanbois gonna fanboi.

Trolls gonna troll

DJErmac wrote:Today I started to miss Dune 2 for the first time. I wanted to make some very special sound and remember that Dune 2 has a preset that is perfect for that : a unique version of a TB303. When I sold it I needed the money to buy expansion packs for OnePingOnly, but now I wonder if it was worth it...
I exactly felt the same when I sold it, but I didn't wait so long! As soon as I have $100, I begin to hunt a 2nd hand in the Sell and Buy forum. It wasn't easy, but I finally could spot one and bought it. NFR of course, but who wants to sell it, not me! :hihi:

Really, this and the Legend are what I most need, but I have other great synths as well, so except for Dune 3 upgrade, I won't buy anything (or sell anything actually ;) ). Start hunting for one in the 2nd hand market or wait for a discount.

I also sold Dune 2 because of some things i missed (still do) but i realized that no other synth could replace it once you dive deep into program it.
So i bought it again (even at full price) and learned it better to work around some limitations.
Now it´s my favorite synth from my collection. For me it´s also the best sounding and easy to use synth in general when you sum it all up like the audio rate modulations, the awesome unison engine, the versatile mod-matrix, the included FX, 8 layers etc.
Of course personal preferences but yes, i´m a fanboi of it.....and?
The big 3 will make me happy for sure next year, Dune 3 and Zebra 3.....no need to buy anything else then....normally...but you know G.A.S. :D

my first rule: never sold any U-he and Synapse audio plug, never-:) i will regret it.

kokotte wrote:my first rule: never sold any U-he and Synapse audio plug, never-:) i will regret it.
Yes, i think that is one of my rules now too. Indeed i think i will only buy now things from 3-4 companies which proven to be future proof and makes really good stuff, having good support and good upgrade paths. Too much tools will just distract me from there :)

Return to “Instruments”