Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

dmbaer wrote:
Burillo wrote: now that i got Syntronik, makes me wonder about Sonik Synth 2 and SampleMoog. does anyone have any of them, and if so, how do they compare to Syntronik, sound wise?
I have them both. For their time, I think they were marvelous. I could not wait until SampleTank 3 was released so that I could have access to those sounds in a 64-bit plug-in. However, the age is quite apparent. The samples are, not surprisingly, rather inferior to that which we've become accustomed in this age of relatively plentiful memory and fast disk transfer speeds. Back then (and we are talking well over a decade ago, if I'm not mistaken), 24 bit depth for the home studio was only a dream.
Hat tip to you guys who are enjoying using Syntronik, while others
yammer on about whether it's a helicopter or an airplane.
I made a couple nice multi's in SampleMoog earlier, having no idea
how samples of old gear canNOT sound at least a little bit old :hihi:

If my calendar is accurate, many of the popular songs
they were used in were just barely 16 bit when
re-released on CD's. How many bits are in
a log of ana? :wink:

Hopefully IK will bundle up some cool hardware with Syntronik,
so the fence-sitters can get off their spintered arses and buy something.
Have fun!
Cheers

Burillo wrote: now that i got Syntronik, makes me wonder about Sonik Synth 2 and SampleMoog. does anyone have any of them, and if so, how do they compare to Syntronik, sound wise?
SonikSynth has a 8.3 gig library, covering a very wide range of sounds,
SampleMoog is more focussed, at 4.3 gigs. You're probably
better able than most, to bring life to what some people think
are ancient wasteland samples (music made before 2007
is junk and rubbish yada yada)
Unless you're performing a flute and piano duet for The Queen,
all that 24 bit stuff get's scrubbed in the mix. I'll bet you could
pick out the jewels in the old libs, fire up the rack FX in GR5,
and get President Putin happily tapping his toes :hyper:
Cheers

Arguing go on but I can still make something from it if I ignore the petty and personal stuff. There seems to be a simple division between The-glass-is-half-full and The-glass-is-half-empty guys. Finally learning what this thing can and cannot due thanks to plexuss' elaboration, it makes perfectly sense. Technically Syntronik is a little more than a basic rompler but less than a fully featured romple based synth. Rest is personal bias. Though I prefer to side with the optimists, after all this should be about music and I like to associate music with joy, not depression. Its "limitations" hardly matters in real life contexts, since no one is forced to use this rompler only, and users probably own an arsenal of other synths to compensate for any shortcomings in a piece of music. "Limitations" is such an academic concept in VSTi land.

While you ladies keep fretting about what Syntronik can't do or what it is I've been having a great time creating patches for this synth.

Again if you can't see the potential in Synthronik then in my opinion you are guilty of being Myopic. :hihi:

my·op·ic
ˌmīˈäpik/
adjective
adjective: myopic

nearsighted.
synonyms: nearsighted; shortsighted
"a myopic patient"
antonyms: farsighted
lacking imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:While you ladies keep fretting about what Syntronik can't do or what it is I've been having a great time creating patches for this synth.

Again if you can't see the potential in Synthronik then in my opinion you are guilty of being Myopic. :hihi:

my·op·ic
ˌmīˈäpik/
adjective
adjective: myopic

nearsighted.
synonyms: nearsighted; shortsighted
"a myopic patient"
antonyms: farsighted
lacking imagination, foresight, or intellectual insight.
Smug :lol:

Peter, can you adress the team to make Syntronik and Sampletank 3 parameters automatable? Freeware synths from last decade are automatable and the Syntronik and Sampletank 3 aproach to automation is kind of a trainwreck. :lol:

Teksonik wrote:While you ladies keep fretting about what Syntronik can't do or what it is I've been having a great time creating patches for this synth.
So you say. Once again. Deja vu. How about taking the statement a bit further and post some demos? I am on vacation without PC, so I would appreciate some.

Lets dance wrote:Thats fast

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=488326
It's been there for a day or so, original ask was $149.

At least they have a free version to try as a demo. Other companies with massive libs could take a leaf out of IKs book.

glokraw wrote:
dmbaer wrote:
I have them both. For their time, I think they were marvelous. I could not wait until SampleTank 3 was released so that I could have access to those sounds in a 64-bit plug-in. However, the age is quite apparent. The samples are, not surprisingly, rather inferior to that which we've become accustomed in this age of relatively plentiful memory and fast disk transfer speeds. Back then (and we are talking well over a decade ago, if I'm not mistaken), 24 bit depth for the home studio was only a dream.
Hat tip to you guys who are enjoying using Syntronik, while others
yammer on about whether it's a helicopter or an airplane.
I made a couple nice multi's in SampleMoog earlier, having no idea
how samples of old gear canNOT sound at least a little bit old :hihi:
i guess i should clarify what i meant.

first of all, judging by all the synth sounds in SampleTank, i would expect Sonik Synth and SampleMoog to have built-in filtering and modulation (Syntronik does have some of that, but the majority of sounds are open filters without any modulation). if that is the case, Syntronik would allow much more shaping than Sonik Synth, and so Sonik Synth wouldn't have been as useful.

going by SampleTron, i also don't think there would be samples for every key (let alone multisamples - SampleTank 3 at least has that), as IK were relying on STRETCH much more than multisamples, and while STRETCH is probably better sounding for synths, there probably would be an occasional odd sound here and there due to that as is the case for SampleTron.

i'm not sure if the fact that they're 16-bit or this or that sample rate would matter much, but maybe that would rear its ugly head due to more STRETCH usage.

those things are what i mean by "how do they compare to Syntronik" - given their age, they'll probably suffer from various problems associated with being from a different era, even if the sounds themselves are perfectly good.

EDIT: i've looked at Sonik Synth description, and it seems to include a lot of non-synth stuff like acoustic grands, ethnic instruments etc. i was under the impression that Sonik Synth was only about synths sounds.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

So, I downloaded the free version because I had to install the SampleTank update. I tried the free sounds and I must say they sound great.

I didn't try other sample-based products by other companies (this kind of tools is not my cup of tea) or the newest software synths (like the Legend) so I can't make any direct comparison; but I have a few modern analogs (although cheaper than the synths sampled by IK!) and, judging on the free patches, I can say Syntronik would sit pretty well with them in a mix, it wouldn't be the weak part of the project.
The free Bully patches are the benchmark of the quality for me, because I own a Minitaur (which is something close to the Taurus synths, which are the sources of the Bully) and I've been impressed by their raw quality, up to the point I wouldn't miss my Minitaur much, if I were to use it only for sounds already covered by Syntronik...

I think Syntronic is a great product for bread and butter sounds, that's what I thought when it has been announced and now the free version reinforces my opinion. I'm into synths so obviously I still need real synths, but I think Syntronik is more than adequate for standard needs.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

IncarnateX wrote:
So you say. Once again. Deja vu. How about taking the statement a bit further and post some demos? I am on vacation without PC, so I would appreciate some.
I'm mixing things from Sampletank with it, or I would.. I would stop and just do syntronik, but I'm having too much fun as is. If you have a large Sampletank collection then Syntronik fills a big hole in the line. It's great alone, but it's even better when you mix in other things and get very unique artifacts going on(depending on the samples). You have a choice of 16 filters in Sampletank now, so, you can do a lot of sculpting..not like normal synth design exactly, but there are things to work with - just filter out whatever you want from instrument X to add to the multi, for example. Pretty much endless possibilities if you convert things to Sampletank like I do.

dmbaer wrote: I have them both. For their time, I think they were marvelous. I could not wait until SampleTank 3 was released so that I could have access to those sounds in a 64-bit plug-in. However, the age is quite apparent. The samples are, not surprisingly, rather inferior to that which we've become accustomed in this age of relatively plentiful memory and fast disk transfer speeds. Back then (and we are talking well over a decade ago, if I'm not mistaken), 24 bit depth for the home studio was only a dream.
SampleTank 3 doesn't translate well the sounds from SonikSynth 2. The sounds in the latter have usually several layers (multi layer), and ST3 only translate layer by layer, but not the Multis (os I am doing something wrong). So, they don't sound the same anymore...
Fernando (FMR)

Hello
If you don't mind sharing how did you save your patch with layers?

quote="plexuss"]Here's another Batch of Patch(tm). Again 4 layered patches played in realtime with no over-dubs or quantizing.

https://soundcloud.com/plexus-productions/syntronik-2[/quote]
fup4000

Return to “Instruments”