APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

moss wrote:
cjgolden wrote:Any way to make the Footswitch 2 function of
"Creates a new clip on the selected track and slot, starts play and enables overdub,"
avalible on the APC 40 mkii, which only has one footswitch input?

I tried going into APC.js and flipping the midi values sent for footswitch 1 and 2.
So it works sometimes, but the script crashes often when I press the footswitch.
I really think that this function is important for my workflow.
Is there a better way to do this?
The problem is that the Sustain data is directly routed to Bitwig. You have to decide if you want to do this on script start and cannot change this afterwards. If you want to make this work you have to remove the midi filter from the creation of the midi input. Look in the MidiImput class.
I kept trying to mess around with the MidiInput.js, but alas, I kept failing. Is it something specific I have to do here to remove the midi filter?

MidiInput.prototype.createNoteInputBase = function (name, filters)
{
var noteInput = this.port.createNoteInput (name, filters);
noteInput.setShouldConsumeEvents (false);
return noteInput;
};

cjgolden wrote: I kept trying to mess around with the MidiInput.js, but alas, I kept failing. Is it something specific I have to do here to remove the midi filter?
It is actually in the subclass "APCMidiInput.js".

Hi Moss, I've just unpacked the latest release (25.06.2017) which I'm using for the original APC40 - this is hella sweet thank you!

The only thing I've had a problem with so far is the drum sequencer being limited to 8 steps.I can see other people have talked about this, and there was a update, but was this only for APCMini? Will there be a fix for APIC40 1 & II? Or do I just need to find it?

Cheerz.
ulozilla wrote:
moss wrote:
ulozilla wrote: I can only edit the first 8 steps, when i press the second column in the first row to go to the next 8 steps, the lights in the apc mini do not update with the next notes and they still modify the first 8 steps. It would be great if it's possible to edit the following steps.
Since several people requested this in the last time, here we go:

Version 3.09 of the APCmini4Bitwig script is online:
  • New: Cursor left/right in Note and Drum Sequencer now change the page of the clip.
  • New: Cursor up/down in Note, Drum and Raindrop Sequencer now change the note range.
  • New: The two red buttons in the middle of the Shift view now allow to change the scale.
Moss,
Thank you, it's working.
The first row buttons are going to be used in the future?. On these i think the notes are still the same when i change to the following ones.

th_awb wrote: The only thing I've had a problem with so far is the drum sequencer being limited to 8 steps.I can see other people have talked about this, and there was a update, but was this only for APCMini? Will there be a fix for APIC40 1 & II? Or do I just need to find it?
No, it is just not there. Will find a solution for this for the next version.

moss wrote:
th_awb wrote: The only thing I've had a problem with so far is the drum sequencer being limited to 8 steps.I can see other people have talked about this, and there was a update, but was this only for APCMini? Will there be a fix for APIC40 1 & II? Or do I just need to find it?
No, it is just not there. Will find a solution for this for the next version.
Ok thanks man. Cheers again for all your nice work.

Is it normal for the APC40mkII to take so long to work with bitwig?

It's at least 30 seconds longer after all vst's have loaded, probably closer to a minute.

And another one, "session" is supposed to toggle overdub. Seems it's doing it for automation, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

incubus wrote:And another one, "session" is supposed to toggle overdub. Seems it's doing it for automation, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Just checked. Works like that for me. Automation should be on Shift+Session.

incubus wrote:Is it normal for the APC40mkII to take so long to work with bitwig?
It's at least 30 seconds longer after all vst's have loaded, probably closer to a minute.
Starting of the scripts take definitively longer with 2.0 but 30 seconds is quite some time.

Just released a little update for the APCmini and APCs:

# 5.02
Requires Bitwig 2.1.
* New: In sequencer and drum mode the loop selection buttons represent now one page (not a measure as before). Pressing one of the pads selects the page. To set a "one pad" loop press the pad again.

Yeah, something is funny on my end.

At first, it loaded 3 scripts and didn't work fine (but the session/overdub worked) and then deleting those and rescanning has one where I cannot open settings (similar to the apc40 script)

I'll try deleting and manual install and see what happens.

That weird. The "bitwig" one is the one that does "automation".

With yours, I can't figure out how to get to clip mode instead of note mode (or whatever they are called)

incubus wrote:That weird. The "bitwig" one is the one that does "automation".

With yours, I can't figure out how to get to clip mode instead of note mode (or whatever they are called)
Uh, have you seen the manual?
https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... -APC40mkII

You change modes with Shift+Scene buttons.

Edit, what actually threw me is my complete inability to concentrate.

Again, thanks for your help.

After nearly a month of using, and finally understanding that there are some quirks getting the two to communicate, just WOW! :hail:

Many, this is a necessary companion imo. It's really cool and the script is awesome.

What threw me for a loop is that there were several different bitwig versions of "apc40" and some of them just are not the correct moss script. Deleted everything, didn't connect automatically and got it.

Return to “Controller Scripting”