Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

fup4000 wrote:Hello
If you don't mind sharing how did you save your patch with layers?
Click on the staggered-lines icon on the upper left corner to open the layer view (with the 4 keyboards). in that window is another menu. click on the "hamburger" icon to the right and it will show you options to save and load etc.

yeah I'm having techinical issues in my audio app. Like I said I am unable to save presets. the menu opens and just closes no matter what. Works fine in reaper though. Also the menus for arps don't work. they open but I am unable to select the note 0 - +12 or whatever. clicking does nothing. works fine in reaper though.

plexuss wrote:
Click on the staggered-lines icon on the upper left corner to open the layer view (with the 4 keyboards). in that window is another menu. click on the "hamburger" icon to the right and it will show you options to save and load etc.
Thanks for that!

Just went through a couple of the OB patches... got stuck on the top 2...

1984 Polysynth 1 does a pretty decent "Jump" right out of the chute. :) Maybe that's what they were shooting for? Couple of tweeks, and it would easily do that cover, and others, based on the classic OB Saws.
1984 Polysynth 2 Has a good start on Journey's "Separate Ways" with just a couple of envelope mods.

Add in the ability to apply additional layers and effects, and this is a great addition for bread-n-butter tones..

spacekid wrote:Changes in sampletank: all the new filters are there plus we now have a sample 1 & 2 dropdown in the edit menu..plus new effects of course. did I miss anything?
IK reportedly added the DRIFT capability to SampleTank. I haven't tried the new Sampletank version, so I'm just guessing when I say that, like Syntronik, you cannot turn DRIFT off - it is probably always there for the Syntronik content - but like I said, that's just a guess at the moment. It would be really interesting to be able to listen to the Syntronik content with and without DRIFT enabled. I suspect that what it does is rather subtle in any case, but I'd love to be able to actually hear what it's doing.

quote="plexuss"]Here's another Batch of Patch(tm). Again 4 layered patches played in realtime with no over-dubs or quantizing.

https://soundcloud.com/plexus-productions/syntronik-2
[/quote]
You have to save each individual instrument(rename) then save the multi in the menu that has the keyboard layout with the velocity..that's the multi save menu..left hand side3 even bars across item..whereas your top A,B,C,D plus the 3 bar across item at the top is where you save the individual instruments.

I downloaded the free version. Like the browser better than Sampletank. Sounds are good. I'll wait for a group buy, and get it for €29.... :hihi:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Have I missed something?

Is automation only possible using MIDI CC messages? No automatable parameters? If so, then this is a step back from ST3 (and even ST2). And, user-assignable automation parameters (see Kontakt, for several years) has been a long-standing request with IK Multimedia.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

There appears to be some important things missing with Syntronik: aftertouch, automation and the LFO panning causes audible artifacts. I am sure there are more. not to mention a better layer mixer that lets you mix the layers in one interface.

Any thing else missing?

Are the knobs and sliders hard coded to specific cc's? I used the learn option and assigned a controller knob to the cutoff and it works but the presets start scrolling in the top window also. Similar quirks with other knobs and sliders. Reaper x64. Why would they be hard coded but have midi cc learn also?

Doc Brown wrote:Are the knobs and sliders hard coded to specific cc's? I used the learn option and assigned a controller knob to the cutoff and it works but the presets start scrolling in the top window also. Similar quirks with other knobs and sliders. Reaper x64. Why would they be hard coded but have midi cc learn also?
There is a menu to set up remote patch browsing in the controllers that defaults to some CCs around number 20 or so. I haven't messed with it because I'm normally using 1-15 or so or those in the 70 range, but I believe you can change them.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Are the knobs and sliders hard coded to specific cc's? I used the learn option and assigned a controller knob to the cutoff and it works but the presets start scrolling in the top window also. Similar quirks with other knobs and sliders. Reaper x64. Why would they be hard coded but have midi cc learn also?
There is a menu to set up remote patch browsing in the controllers that defaults to some CCs around number 20 or so. I haven't messed with it because I'm normally using 1-15 or so or those in the 70 range, but I believe you can change them.

OK. Thanks. :tu:

^^^
Have a look at the "Remote Settings" in the User Guide 2.1.4
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Have a look at the "Remote Settings" in the User Guide 2.1.4
Thanks Dark :tu:

There's some awesome sounds to be had in this vst. The effects are awesome and create many more possibilities.

plexuss wrote:There appears to be some important things missing with Syntronik: aftertouch, automation and the LFO panning causes audible artifacts. I am sure there are more. not to mention a better layer mixer that lets you mix the layers in one interface.

Any thing else missing?
Have you reported the audible artifacts issue you are experiencing to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ ? They would be able to assist (recreate and report to devs). The other feature requests I see will be gathered and we will have an update coming in a reasonable amount of time in order to address requests like aftertouch and more.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
plexuss wrote:There appears to be some important things missing with Syntronik: aftertouch, automation and the LFO panning causes audible artifacts. I am sure there are more. not to mention a better layer mixer that lets you mix the layers in one interface.

Any thing else missing?
Have you reported the audible artifacts issue you are experiencing to IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ ? They would be able to assist (recreate and report to devs). The other feature requests I see will be gathered and we will have an update coming in a reasonable amount of time in order to address requests like aftertouch and more.
I have not. I don't have time to go through the process.

Return to “Instruments”