One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tip for freezing tracks in Ableton - Group your tracks (even if only a group of 1) and put your effects at the group level. That way you can freeze the instrument track and still twiddle with the effects.

I think it's good enough to post now. I used a lot of reverb just because of the nature of the song. The synth is more versatile than I first thought, but it still seems to excel at brassy sounds and FX. A lot more could be done with modulation than I had time for. Poly would be a godsend.

56 instances of Spiral Generator

Effects used
- TAL-Reverb-4
- Protoverb
- FAT filter
- Standard DAW Effects (EQ Eight, Auto Filter, Reverb, Delay, Compressor, Limiter, Auto-Pan, Utility)

DAW: Ableton

https://soundcloud.com/user-947450193/g ... on-osc-101
Last edited by generaldiomedes on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HiEnergy wrote:
doctorbob wrote:...more ooooomph!!!
There's no such thing as "enough bass"... :lol:
So so true ...

Also just added an extra snare layer (more body and slap) and another hat layer (a bit more "ring") ..

Hope you like/enjoy the "improvements" ...

dB

Taron wrote:Here's the title bar bug again.
Just to let you know I came across this a couple of times as well using Reaper ...
dB

I wonder if there gonna be some new submissions )
tw | yt | ig

stunkit wrote:I wonder if there gonna be some new submissions )
Very common for people to submit on the last day of the competition.

rghvdberg wrote:
stunkit wrote:I wonder if there gonna be some new submissions )
Very common for people to submit on the last day of the competition.
Sure there will be - I expect there will be at least a dozen fantastic new entries in the last few dying moments of the competition! Always happens without fail ...

For we early-ish submitters, thinking - "Hmmm... only 5 entries so far, I might make the top 5" is very much wishful thinking :hihi:

dB

Aw man just grabbed the synth and now I regret not joining in sooner. Getting some sick sounds outa this thing.

Armagibbon wrote:Aw man just grabbed the synth and now I regret not joining in sooner. Getting some sick sounds outa this thing.
Hey, go for it - you've got 5 days !!!!!!!!
dB

CPU is killing me... :evil:

I thought KVR would never see any better user name than Armagibbon but The Five Assed Monkey beats it.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

https://soundcloud.com/toggleaudio/toggleaudio-talara

12 instances of Spiral Generator, all effects (except C3 comp) are Cubase built-ins.
6 x Ping Pong Delay
7 x EQ
5 x RoomWorks
2 x Stereo Enhancer
1 x Slim Slow Slider C3 Multiband Compressor
1 x RoomWorks SE
1 x Stereo Delay
1 x Limiter

This synth sounds great

doctorbob wrote:
Armagibbon wrote:Aw man just grabbed the synth and now I regret not joining in sooner. Getting some sick sounds outa this thing.
Hey, go for it - you've got 5 days !!!!!!!!
dB
Damn that's a tight deadline for what I already have on my plate.... aw hell I'll give it a go.
I put this in the track. Cyberwhales n shit.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1DAcHq51hNj

recursive one wrote:I thought KVR would never see any better user name than Armagibbon but The Five Assed Monkey beats it.
Can't argue that ahahaha

Return to “Instruments”