Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Step 8
Arm Halion and play
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 3.05.00 PM.png
Step 9
once your done move the samples to a folder you want to put them in and batch convert them to Mono 44100 sampling rate and your good to go, leave the samples at 32 bit. Find that folder in Avengers browser right click and import samples to whatever expansion!!

Method 2 is converting all the samples you already have easily so Avenger can correctly key map them

Step 1
Go to the browser section in Halion and locate the samples you want to import
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.54.20 PM.png
Step 2
Select all of the samples and drag them onto Halion keyboard, map them however you like.
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.54.57 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wavegem on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Step 3
Right Click on the Samples and Export them
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.55.15 PM.png
Step 4
Set your folder were you want the samples to go, Set Sample name to $(RootKey)$(RootKeyText)
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.55.44 PM.png
Step 5
Export and move Samples to a folder you want them in, Make sure they are 44100 sample rate, and 32 bit. Import them into avenger
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 2.57.25 PM.png
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wavegem on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

really nice method Wavegem, what hardware have you sample?
your sound will be one shot or loop?

I sampled Dave Smiths Mopho and Access Virus Ti so far with excellent results!
I am doing both one shot and Loop Sustain using Loop Editor for Mac. I am not sure if its for PC.
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 3.58.17 PM.png

Warehouseparty wrote:
degas666 wrote: But the expansions feels way to expensive. If they'd cost around 50 bucks I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes.
May be they already do?
I bought four expansions during the summer sales.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

degas666 wrote:
sircuit wrote:
msvs wrote:why, they have exactly the price now, you asked for
...and this is how you make someone's brain short-sircuit
If they'd cost 50 regular, I would buy at sales.
I like u-he's model with soundsets around $30-$39. Feels reasonable to me.

It's just my point of view and I still like and use Avenger very much. :tu:
My soundsets are way cheaper than even U-he's.

Wavegem wrote:I sampled Dave Smiths Mopho and Access Virus Ti so far with excellent results!
I am doing both one shot and Loop Sustain using Loop Editor for Mac. I am not sure if its for PC.
:tu:
do you plan to release it?
if yes, i'm in!

kokotte wrote:
Wavegem wrote:I sampled Dave Smiths Mopho and Access Virus Ti so far with excellent results!
:tu:
do you plan to release it?
if yes, i'm in!
If you have any EPIC sounds say... orchestra.. or some crazy sound library you love oh so bad but don't want the extra baggage.. you get what I am saying. I am not naming anything in particular, but you could use avenger to trigger said samples. Becoming infinitely greater in everyway!! Said library would be highly classified like the X-files... haha anyway that would be totally illegal. I am just day dreaming :zzz:

wagtunes wrote:
No offense, but your sound sets are very basic (chiptune style) and therefore very expensive.

In addition, U-He sound sets have some complexity that justify their price.

degas666 wrote:
sircuit wrote:
msvs wrote:why, they have exactly the price now, you asked for
...and this is how you make someone's brain short-sircuit
If they'd cost 50 regular, I would buy at sales.
I like u-he's model with soundsets around $30-$39. Feels reasonable to me.

It's just my point of view and I still like and use Avenger very much. :tu:
If avenger could import sfz it would be easier to create decent all-round soundsets. Now all sets are similar to me.
What are you guys favorite soundsets on other synths like diva etc?
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

goleat wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
No offense, but your sound sets are very basic (chiptune style) and therefore very expensive.

Well guess what? Out of 48 libraries, Avenger is my 6th best seller behind only...

Serum
Softube Modular
Falcon
Omnisphere
Zebra 2

So take that. :P

wagtunes wrote:
goleat wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Well guess what? Out of 48 libraries, Avenger is my 6th best seller behind only...

Serum
Softube Modular
Falcon
Omnisphere
Zebra 2

No offense, but goleat has a point. Your soundsets are truly basic, in terms of programming (which is fine). And therefor they can be considered at the 'expensive' side of things.

Especially when compared to, ah, let's say, Howard Scarr's presets.

exmatproton wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
goleat wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Serum
Softube Modular
Falcon
Omnisphere
Zebra 2

No offense, but goleat has a point. Your soundsets are truly basic, in terms of programming (which is fine). And therefor they can be considered at the 'expensive' side of things.

Especially when compared to, ah, let's say, Howard Scarr's presets.
I make presets for people to make, um, music with. Not to do headstands and cartwheels. I could do wub-wub and loopdeloops and all that fancy crap. But there are 10 gazillion libraries out there that do that same schtick. I still little point in doing the same thing over and over and over. Hell, it's the reason why I didn't even buy Sylenth1. The marketplace is so flooded with libraries that it's pointless.

But more importantly, obviously, given how many sales I've made, there is a market out there for people who are looking for sounds to make music with and not to impress their girlfriends.

Oh, and one other thing. Before people start calling my sounds "chiptunes" they really need to get a clue about just what chiptune sounds are. Avenger isn't even capable of making chiptune sounds because it doesn't have the right processing chip. In fact, I don't know of any synth off the top of my head that can truly make "classic" chiptune sounds.

Yeah, this place really cracks me up.

First, i told you not to take offense and second i told you i think it's fine what you do. And ofcourse there is a market for it. However, my personal opinion about the differences between your presets and those from Howard Scarr (as an example) make me think/believe yours are a bit on the higher side of pricing. That's all.

And this is ofcourse very subjective.

This: "In fact, I don't know of any synth off the top of my head that can truly make "classic" chiptune sounds." <--- seriously? And you make presets? :dog:

exmatproton wrote:First, i told you not to take offense and second i told you i think it's fine what you do. And ofcourse there is a market for it. However, my personal opinion about the differences between your presets and those from Howard Scarr (as an example) make me think/believe yours are a bit on the higher side of pricing. That's all.

And this is ofcourse very subjective.

This: "In fact, I don't know of any synth off the top of my head that can truly make "classic" chiptune sounds." <--- seriously? And you make presets? :dog:
You do know what the early Chiptune sounds were made with, right? The chip in the C64 is very specific and has a very specific sound. You can't duplicate it exactly with any soft synth that I know of. A fair approximation? Maybe. But to me, and again, this is just MY opinion, you're not getting classic C64 chiptune sounds out of a soft synth unless there's been one specifically designed with that chip inside. And if there is, I have no desire to get it as I have no desire to make C64 chiptune sounds.

Hope we're clear now that you've had your little poke at my knowledge and abilities.

Damn I hate this place.

Return to “Instruments”