Psychodelic_glitch_retro_step_ish

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I liked that groove. Sound was very good.
I would have not run the drums/bass seq full on all the way through. I wanted to hear that stop and have the 'psychedelic' atmosphere expand outward...more like at the ending. As it is, it's a good backing track for something you didn't make.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I will fix it/extend it at some point. Right now i`m trying to learn as much as i can, and move on with new project.
My goal is to make fair track every 2-3 weeks. I will return to these drafts when i will have proper skill/experience for commercial project.

Glad you like the sound, and thanks for your input
all the best

Right now i`m trying to learn as much as i can, and move on with new project.
My goal is to make fair track every 2-3 weeks.
Yes, I believe this is a smart way to approach working without getting stuck for too long. I think good things will come.

I listened to this again and very much enjoyed how good it sounds. The sounds I hear are excellent and very well chosen. Not to beat a dead horse but...but the song sounds like it is trying to break away, away from itself.
A series of notes/chords comprising of a melody would help it to beak away from the single note(bass tone) pattern that is holding it in place. Leaving space and moving away from the single key/rhythm pattern is necessary in order to move above that which keeps so many people stuck in one place.

At 3:00mins in you begin to build up a melody pattern. Excellent building up, but it is subtle, and I like being subtle but I think it's remains too light to break apart from the single note bass pattern. Continue building more melodic construction and maybe a change in backing note pattern to follow the melody expansion could work well with this and other works like this.

You are talented. Build on your melodic personality and thing will take off.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

right

so, I know what is the thing I should work on. Maybe I should start with melody next time, as I love to work with beats and overall sound/mood.

good talking
thanks man

Yes, I second annode: "it's a good backing track for something you didn't make."
There are only instruments playing in the typical roles of accompanying instruments here - but they do it pretty cool :)

"more meat" you say.

Loved it!

Somehow I got an Unreal-esque sort of vibe out of this.

Either way, was cool. The instrumentation was especially nice. c:
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

@thenumber23 - glad you enjoy it

@ AsPeeXXXVIII - you mean Unreal the game? it might be the case. Unreal soundtrack was made in tracker, and it has demo scene vibe. I made this track in tracker, and my roots are in demo scene :)

I thought this was quite cinematic. I was imagining driving a car in slow-motion through the rain, on an overcast day, with the wipers on, past an endless chain-link fence. Make of that what you will :o
Great percussion, and I loved the pads.

Good work :)

:love: Brilliant sound design, groove and atmosphere. Perfect mix. I wouldn't change a thing.

@seismic1 - interesting how people perceive music. My wife claims that it`s "scandinavian crime story tv show" theme :)

@ Frantz - there`s always room for improvement - thanks man, glad you like it

Durschlack wrote:@seismic1 - interesting how people perceive music. My wife claims that it`s "scandinavian crime story tv show" theme :)
Was your wife talking about Wallander? That was a BBC series based on Swedish detective novels and was filmed in Sweden. I seem to remember a couple of episodes where the inspector drove into the countryside in the rain. Not sure about the fences.

Wallander, Forbrydelsen, The Bridge (Bron / Broen) - we both with my wife like that flavour.

Return to “Music Cafe”