Anyone using Air Structure? Why is it in one ear?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there

I am loading a preset in Air Music Structure and it is on one side. I don't know if it is a preset or just one part. there is a pan setting but if I try to move it to the right, sound disappears. Am I supposed to insert more than one part? is there actual normal presets for this thing, or did I just waist tone of space on my SSD and will not be able to use it? thank you.

ummmm... what preset are you specifically referring to?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Never had that problem. Have you tried other presets?

May be I don't se where the presets are. I am talking about that gray area on the top left of the instrument under word Structure. There is patch, part and view, and then the section I am talking about. When I click on up/down arrows, it says, "Structure factory Library", and everything loads on one side (left). My Master bus shows mono (left) signal on Output. It set to Out 1. Not Out 1-2, so what would make it stereo? If I set Out 2, I have no sound. There are 32 outs.

To Load presets:

Patch > Load New Patch

Patch > Add Patch > Empty Patch

Patch > Add Patch > Structure Factory Libraries (you can scroll thru menu trees of the entire collection this way). This method is also applied when you click on the arrow button in the patch itself, which lets you load a new instrument into that patch slot.

To configure audio outputs:

Structure has 32 stereo output buses available. Each patch can be sent to its own audio output bus. Of course, output buses 2 and up only work if your DAW is configured to receive them. But Bus #1 should provide a stereo output to your DAW by default.

In the right hand section, at the top, click on "MAIN", then in the window below select "OUTPUT". There you will find the output bus selector below the output level trim.

This MAIN window will shift focus to whatever patch you have selected in the left hand pane.

If you are only hearing sound on one channel, check the balance slider in each patch, that you can pan L or R. It looks like two grey triangles with a vertical bar between them. Make sure that bar is centered.

If that all checks out, look through the audio routing setup in your DAW. I always get sound from Structure on L/R no matter what DAW I am using.

I have checked everything. Structure is set to Out1. The pan is centered but sound only on one side. If I move Pan toward the right side, I have no sound at all. The Sonar software setting is simple. Komplete Kontrol Midi input, Structure Output on Midi track, and Structure Out1 Stereo Input and Master output for Audio track. I am inserting multiple synths with the same setting and they all work but this one. What is Structure 5.1.1? I have just Structure listed as VST and Structure 5.1.1. And Structure "only" works on stereo! Ok, thank you very much for your help. Will have to remember not to load 5.1.1. Thanks.

Astralv wrote:I have checked everything. Structure is set to Out1. The pan is centered but sound only on one side. If I move Pan toward the right side, I have no sound at all. The Sonar software setting is simple. Komplete Kontrol Midi input, Structure Output on Midi track, and Structure Out1 Stereo Input and Master output for Audio track. I am inserting multiple synths with the same setting and they all work but this one. What is Structure 5.1.1? I have just Structure listed as VST and Structure 5.1.1. And Structure "only" works on stereo! Ok, thank you very much for your help. Will have to remember not to load 5.1.1. Thanks.
Structure 5.1 works in surround. I think it needs additional setup, so that's why you're having problems. Glad you solved it.

Astralv wrote:I have checked everything. Structure is set to Out1. The pan is centered but sound only on one side. If I move Pan toward the right side, I have no sound at all. The Sonar software setting is simple. Komplete Kontrol Midi input, Structure Output on Midi track, and Structure Out1 Stereo Input and Master output for Audio track. I am inserting multiple synths with the same setting and they all work but this one. What is Structure 5.1.1? I have just Structure listed as VST and Structure 5.1.1. And Structure "only" works on stereo! Ok, thank you very much for your help. Will have to remember not to load 5.1.1. Thanks.
Yup, looks like you figured it out. Structure 5.1.1 seems intended for a surround instrument track in Pro Tools, according to page 21 and 37 in the user guide.

If you just insert it as a simple instrument track in Sonar, you cannot see the individual outputs. And by default the patch sends both sides of the stereo output to the left channel.

If you insert instrument with "all synth audio outputs, you can see this happening on output 1 and 2.

So, easy answer, ignore or hide the 5.1.1 version! :D

I have added the 5.1.1 version to the exclusion list in plugin manager, so it no longer appears as a choice.

Return to “Instruments”