Omnisphere 3 rumors

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If the next Spectrasonics release *isn't* the new version of Stylus, there might be riots in the streets..! ;)

They said not long ago that they "don´t forget about the rhythmic stuff".
What ever exact they mean is a secret...... :D

I'd put my money on this being untrue and you were given false information. Spectrasonics isn't known for giving out information on what they are working on and certainly wouldn't give it to random people who would further spread the information out to others.

Yeah I'd be very surprised if the next major Spectrasonics release was Omni 3. I'm much more expecting either some sort of evolution of Stylus, and/or a Keyscape type thing for guitars/plucked strings.

If they did a whole new set for guitar and bass, I'd be so happy. Trilian is in dire need of a major update and I'd actually prefer that to Stylus right now.

beely wrote:If the next Spectrasonics release *isn't* the new version of Stylus, there might be riots in the streets..! ;)
Squirrel please, that is so 10 years ago.

Omnisphere 3? What, hit a button and be dj khaled?

(oh, yes I did!!!!!!! )

If Omni 3 is released before the year 2020 I will drink a gallon of Egg Nog! :tu:

quantum7 wrote:If Omni 3 is released before the year 2020 I will drink a gallon of Egg Nog! :tu:
!remindme 1 Jan 2020

:lol:

aMUSEd wrote:The main things for me would be much better optimisation of the granular engine, and some common sense regarding tags.
I'll drink to that. :tu:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

If there are any Spectra people out there reading KVR.
Please! Please! Please! Update Stylus!!!!
It's mind bogglingly frustrating after so many years to have to reset the individual outputs EVERY TIME you change to a different bank of sounds. This doesn't happen in Omnisphere...

I would be willing to bet that of their main products, Stylus will be the next update. It's the oldest, most in need, everybody wants it updated, and it's the one that is separate and can't be loaded into Omnisphere.

I just hope they change their philosophy of never showing any graphical waveforms in their products. Everyone wants to see the loops waveform. It will make it much easier to make the groups you want.

And I would like to see some serious browser improvements to stylus as well but I'm scared of the rhythmic categories they will come up with after Omnisphere 2. That's probably what's taking so long. They have been tagging the crap out of 70 gb of loops. Need an atmospheric distorted retro new age spacefunk triplet rhythmic noisescape? Cool, there's a category for that.

Echoes - I think I probably bet that Stylus would be next before Keyscape came out. Then after they said it wasn't rhythm, I was convinced it would be Guitars. Spectrasonics have a way of dumbfounding everyone - maybe it will be BassoonScape next. In 2026.

Perhaps this is why they have their notorious policy of secrecy. Maybe we've never had a true Stylus competitor because the whole industry permanently assumes a replacement really MUST be right round the corner this time, so have never bothered. But if in 2012 we knew we'd still be waiting 5 years later, that's worth some R and D and development time.

I agree with all your Stylus successor / replacement wishes, though I'm not so fussed about the waveform actually. I think the tools to work with loops will be so much more advanced when it finally arrives, we may not really need it.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

For Omni 3, they took the burning piano, cremated it, and launched the ashes into space, all sampled at 24bit/96k. It's in the "playable textures" category.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Interesting rumor thread...

But alas.. it is all just rumors.

First off, none of us were at Summer NAMM... so.... yeah.

Second, there is no way any of our team members would spill the beans on any product we would be working on.. for proof just remember, Keyscape was in development for 10 YEARS and not once during that time did anyone working on the project leak info about it.

It is useful to get some feedback from users to see what features they would like in any future versions of our instruments, so in that case this thread has been informative.

That being said, don't even ask me if we are working on updates for anything.. because even if I know the answer, I'm not telling.

Cheers!

;)

Return to “Instruments”