DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

AnX wrote:Why, are you also saying D2 cannot make those sounds?
Not at all. All I'm saying is, everybody dumping on Recursive, where are YOUR Psytrance tracks with Dune 2? It's easy to criticize. It's hard to back up that criticism with examples.

But that's typical of this forum, which is why I hate this place so much.

Am I the only one here who just likes dune for making fat stacks of saws? I mean I can't get any soft synth to put out a unison sound that thick without duping a couple times and with all the modulation going on per voice shit can get insane. Can't be happier with it.

Like I can make thick shit like this in seconds flat in one instance. I mean wtf this complaining...
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VEQKRFH0qZ

Gamma-UT wrote:This was the one I think:

https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/d ... modulation
Thanks, this sounds interesting. Maybe a bit too thin and somehow dirty in a bad digital way though. But maybe it's just soundcloud artifacts. Anyway, I need to pay more attention to ARM in Dune.

EDIT, this read the description, the ARM is engaged only in the second part of the clip which may explain that "digital dirtiness" i didn't like.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:This was the one I think:

https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/d ... modulation
Thanks, this sounds interesting. Maybe a bit too thin and somehow dirty in a bad digital way though. But maybe it's just soundcloud artifacts. Anyway, I need to pay more attention to ARM in Dune.

EDIT, this read the description, the ARM is engaged only in the second part of the clip which may explain that "digital dirtiness" i didn't like.
Just want to point out that your criticisms are personal preference. Doesn't mean that Dune 2 can't make a Psytrance track that somebody else WOULD like.

I think we all get lost in that. We let our own prejudices decide what is and what isn't acceptable for making a certain kind of music. But none of those prejudices have anything to do with the technical abilities of a given synth.

It's one thing to say "I don't like a particular synth for doing XYZ music" but it's another thing to say that "ABC synth is bad for making XYZ music."

wagtunes wrote: Just want to point out that your criticisms are personal preference.
Yes
wagtunes wrote: Doesn't mean that Dune 2 can't make a Psytrance track that somebody else WOULD like.
Sure
wagtunes wrote: I think we all get lost in that. We let our own prejudices decide what is and what isn't acceptable for making a certain kind of music. But none of those prejudices have anything to do with the technical abilities of a given synth.
Of course
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

wagtunes wrote:
Not at all.
So just trolling then.
wagtunes wrote:I hate this place so much.

Bye then.

AnX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Not at all.
So just trolling then.
wagtunes wrote:I hate this place so much.

Bye then.
How about quoting my whole post? I explained what I meant. It's easy to criticize without having to back up your criticisms. So I'm still waiting. Where's your great Psytrance track made with just Dune 2?

Saying you have to be able to make your own psytrance track is kindof like the people who say you can't criticise the music of, say, Justin Babier if you can't make something better of your own. Personally I can't even tell the difference between psytrance and regular trance, and wouldn't have a clue how to make it, or be arrogant enough to think I could, but I am pretty convinced most synths can make most types of music if you set your mind to it and maybe also open your mind regarding the artificial and often absurd limits we place on genres.

aMUSEd wrote:Saying you have to be able to make your own psytrance track is kindof like the people who say you can't criticise the music of, say, Justin Babier if you can't make something better of your own. Personally I can't even tell the difference between psytrance and regular trance, and wouldn't have a clue how to make it, or be arrogant enough to think I could, but I am pretty convinced most synths can make most types of music if you set your mind to it and maybe also open your mind regarding the artificial and often absurd limits we place on genres.
I actually agree with you. But that's not the point. People are criticizing Recursive because he doesn't feel Dune 2 can make suitable Psytrance sounds. Well it's easy to say "Yes they can". Anybody can do that. It means nothing. So an example would show the person that, yes, it indeed can.

That's all I'm saying. Especially when somebody says to that person "The problem is with you and not the synth." Again, easy to say. Some proof in backing that up would be nice. Problem is, nobody here ever gives any proof. They just talk and talk and talk and never back anything up.

It makes for a meaningless and pointless conversation.

wagtunes wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Saying you have to be able to make your own psytrance track is kindof like the people who say you can't criticise the music of, say, Justin Babier if you can't make something better of your own. Personally I can't even tell the difference between psytrance and regular trance, and wouldn't have a clue how to make it, or be arrogant enough to think I could, but I am pretty convinced most synths can make most types of music if you set your mind to it and maybe also open your mind regarding the artificial and often absurd limits we place on genres.
I actually agree with you. But that's not the point. People are criticizing Recursive because he doesn't feel Dune 2 can make suitable Psytrance sounds. Well it's easy to say "Yes they can". Anybody can do that. It means nothing. So an example would show the person that, yes, it indeed can.
Sure, it might, if they did, but them not being able, or willing, to do that, doesn't invalidate their position either. It's just false logic.

AnX wrote:
recursive one wrote:
AnX wrote:Dont blame a synth for your lack of knowledge and skills. Your statements make you look ignorant.
And yours make you look like a troll (which I think you are)

Like other synths, Dune has its own character which makes it good (may be the best) choice for some tasks and not so optimal for some others.

I'm sure people like Kevin Schroeder and Ayin Zahev are best of the best in their business but I find their trance patches for Dune not 100% convincing
So, because YOU cant do it, the synth isnt capable of it.

Classic troll logic. :clap:
Sorry, AnX has a point. You can't say, "Dune 2 isn't good for psy-trance, but I'm not really good at sound design... or producing psy-trance tracks," and not open yourself to criticism.

Between the filter effects, FM oscillator, audio rate modulation and effects section, Dune can be super aggressive. I'm not saying everyone has to like it, but calling it out for a weakness it clearly doesn't have, that's pretty trolly.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

wagtunes wrote:
Why don't you just shut up then and go somewhere else you can sell your gems and be a celebrity there?
Or you can't stop tweeting I mean posting in something you don't understand a thing about?

EnGee wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Why don't you just shut up then and go somewhere else you can sell your gems and be a celebrity there?
Or you can't stop tweeting I mean posting in something you don't understand a thing about?
Hey man be nice to wags. Every forum gotta have a resident drama queen hahaha

it could be more constructive to post a sound, with/without fx, who is hard to archive with Dune2, perhaps in the sound design forum, and try to replicate it with dune, and after we could speak : a midi file with the audio file, dry/ wet made with x synth. . a little description or some screen shot (for make the process quick) and post the result here, participants give their feedback... If some kvrist are ready, i'm in. ( personaly, i don't care about spytrance and i don't care if dune is the ultimate tool, but i care about learning new things, and that's could be a great oportunity) :hug:

EnGee wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Bored

Return to “Instruments”