Syntronik Instruments... which is the better buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok as I thought, tested here and all Instrument changes are saved in the Multi and patches are not overwritten. So you don't need to save individual Instrument edits. What probably happened is the person that tried your patch didn't have the samples you used installed.
spacekid wrote:Be aware that when you make multis in sampletank, they can get mixed into the same folder as Synthronik
No they don't. :wink:

Anyway here's a test Multi to see if anyone else can load it....you'll need the Full Syntronik with all Instruments installed (just to make sure you've got all the sample content).

Lost Tribe

:)

EDIT: This should be a better test patch. It uses all custom Instrument patches:
Test Layer
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Ok as I thought, tested here and all Instrument changes are saved in the Multi and patches are not overwritten. So you don't need to save individual Instrument edits. What probably happened is the person that tried your patch didn't have the samples you used installed.
spacekid wrote:Be aware that when you make multis in sampletank, they can get mixed into the same folder as Synthronik

Anyway here's a test Multi to see if anyone else can load it....you'll need the Full Syntronik with all Instruments installed (just to make sure you've got all the sample content).

Lost Tribe

EDIT: This should be a better test patch. It uses all custom Instrument patches:
Test Layer
They do get mixed in with Sampletank..It created a Syntronik folder in sampletank..If you go into sampletank and save to that folder, once you open up syntronik again, the patches appear in syntronik but won't open there. Best to keep them separate. But yeah, that person must not have downloaded everything for the free version..good, thanks :) all that saving is a pain.

Teksonik wrote:Ok as I thought, tested here and all Instrument changes are saved in the Multi and patches are not overwritten. So you don't need to save individual Instrument edits. What probably happened is the person that tried your patch didn't have the samples you used installed.

Lost Tribe

Test Layer

Interesting test! I dropped both into a JDoo folder that I created under Syntronik\Sound Libraries\Multis\Syntronik\ (JDoo).

After firing up Syntronik, they both appeared in the main menu on the page with the four layers / velocity settings / etc...

Lost Tribe Tek - Great multi. Has nice movement, sound cinematic.. Nice one!
Test Layer 1 Tek - No joy. Get a dialogue box "Error" -- followed by:
Part 1 loading issues
Instrument not authorized
Part 2 loading issues
Part 3 loading issues
Part 4 loading issues

What was the difference in how you created these? I have the full Syntronik installed, with every library and instrument installed..

trusampler wrote:Did IK make Multi presets with the full version?
There will be multis added to Syntronik in the near future.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Awesome! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

jdoo wrote: Test Layer 1 Tek - No joy. Get a dialogue box "Error" -- followed by:
Part 1 loading issues
Part 2 loading issues
Part 3 loading issues
Part 4 loading issues

What was the difference in how you created these? I have the full Syntronik installed, with every library and instrument installed..
Test Layer 1 Tek uses all custom edited and saved Instrument patches. Hmmm "Instrument Patch" or "Instrument Samples" are not authorized ? So as long as I don't rename an Instrument the Multi will load. But if I rename that same patch it causes the "Instrument not authorized" to trigger ? Perhaps that's to protect any future third party sound designers. :shrug:

Peter, any insight on this issue ? If we want to share our Multi Patches (which is where the power of Syntronik lies in my opinion) what is the proper procedure ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
jdoo wrote: Test Layer 1 Tek - No joy. Get a dialogue box "Error" -- followed by:
Part 1 loading issues
Part 2 loading issues
Part 3 loading issues
Part 4 loading issues

Test Layer 1 Tek uses all custom edited and saved Instrument patches. Hmmm "Instrument Patch" or "Instrument Samples" are not authorized ? So as long as I don't rename an Instrument the Multi will load. But if I rename that same patch it causes the "Instrument not authorized" to trigger ? Perhaps that's to protect any future third party sound designers. :shrug:

Peter, any insight on this issue ? If we want to share our Multi Patches (which is where the power of Syntronik lies in my opinion) what is the proper procedure ?
I don't think there is an official methodology for this. I'll have to let the team know this is something that you desire and see if there is a possibility to do it more easily in the future without sharing each of the instruments as well.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: I'll have to let the team know this is something that you desire and see if there is a possibility to do it more easily in the future without sharing each of the instruments as well.
Yes it would be much easier to share Multis if we didn't have to include all the Instrument patches as well. But it looks like if you load a Factory Instrument Patch, edit it and then save the Multi without renaming the Instrument patch the Multi will load. We'd have to work on this some more to confirm. :)

Teksonik wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: I'll have to let the team know this is something that you desire and see if there is a possibility to do it more easily in the future without sharing each of the instruments as well.
Yes it would be much easier to share Multis if we didn't have to include all the Instrument patches as well. But it looks like if you load a Factory Instrument Patch, edit it and then save the Multi without renaming the Instrument patch the Multi will load. We'd have to work on this some more to confirm. :)
ok..I'll be back to renaming things then, just in case. :tu:

Then if you want to share a Multi Patch you'll have to share the Instrument patches. That will get messy pretty quickly trying to keep straight which instrument goes with which multi if you want to share.

As it appears now you can edit an instrument patch but not rename it and the Multi will load without the children patches and sound as saved. But I want to test that again just to make sure. Let's see what IK says on the subject of Multis.

Just guessing ...

This sounds like an unchanged Instrument patch would be 'authorized' on any system which has Syntronik authorized, but an edited and saved Instrument patch is only 'authorized' on the creator's system. @Teksonik, do you have a second system that you could try it on?

Also, if I distribute a modified patch then that will overwrite the receiver's patch. So modified patches should be saved with a different name (given that we no longer have 'child or 'user' presets).

In the past and in other products I tend to add _<desc>_DS to the save patch name, where <desc> is a brief description,
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

That sounds like a good explanation.

I have several systems I could also install Syntronik on but I hesitate to do so at this time.

I've been naming my Instrument patches like "Tek Filter Sweep OB 1" etc. That way they are all in a row in the browser. I haven't really saved many instrument patches given the number of Multi Patches I've done. I usually just edit the layers then save it without saving the instrument patches.

Anyway Peter said he brought the issue up with the development team and should have an answer as to what is the best way to share Multis (and instrument patches I assume as well). :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:

That's great news. Really want multi presets from IK.

IK should put out sets of multi presets for use with the fully version of Syntronik, which would use all the instruments in the full version to make multi presets containing different instruments where desired. (These can be used by owners of the full version)

And, it should also put out sets of multi presets for each separate instrument, which would use only the instrument's presets. (These can be used by those who only one particular instruments, and, also by owners like me of the full version).

IK, please, please, do this! Peter, please tell HQ!

So... after some good ol Youtube research to find close of what I would like as far as sonically... I'm thinking between the SEM & The Pro V instruments.

There is a good sub bass of the Pro V in the free version, but not of the SEM. Of the 140+ presets that are just of the SEM are there any good sub basses? I would probably lean towards that as I don't have anything that comes close to that kind of sound.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:So... after some good ol Youtube research to find close of what I would like as far as sonically... I'm thinking between the SEM & The Pro V instruments.

There is a good sub bass of the Pro V in the free version, but not of the SEM. Of the 140+ presets that are just of the SEM are there any good sub basses? I would probably lean towards that as I don't have anything that comes close to that kind of sound.
I would get the SAM first. There are 10 octave basses and about 35 more in the synth bass category. Use channel strip and turn up the sub, add osc 2 and detune a bit, and you can make sub basses easy,

Return to “Instruments”