Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

What does this orange X do? (I cannot find it described in the User Manual.)

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Don't click on that.

It deletes the preset/instrument ... have no idea why you'd want to do that, at least you get a warning before deleting but, yeah no idea why it's even a thing !

Thank you. Hmm, that seems quite dangerous, even more as it is not documented. We all make mistakes sometimes and I cannot think of any way of getting the instrument back other than reinstalling (that part of) the Syntronik library.

-----------------------------
PS Everyone: please keep your downloaded library files on an archive disk or two, so that you will not need to purchase a Download Reactivation in 180 days time.
Inspired by ...

Yeah made that mistake with SampleTron and SampleMoog (luckily could use my 'JamPoints' to 'pay' to get them back). All these packs are now carefully stored on a couple of external drives ...

Did you use your JamPoints for that? I thought you could only use them up to 30% of the cost.

Damn, you're right I forgot that - Guess I was feeling generous that month (or just really wanted those Mellotron and Optigan sounds back!)

DarkStar wrote: PS Everyone: please keep your downloaded library files on an archive disk or two, so that you will not need to purchase a Download Reactivation in 180 days time.
I wrote my downloads to 2 32G USB drives I had laying around. I think its worth the $20 or so.

Why not just have the option to "hide" the preset?

mcbpete wrote:It deletes the preset/instrument ... have no idea why you'd want to do that, at least you get a warning before deleting but, yeah no idea why it's even a thing !
I assume there will be some patches that each user depending on personal taste simply won't like or won't ever use. I can see deleting them and I plan on doing that as I go along (as long as I can still access that sample through another patch). I've run across a few Instrument patches that I won't ever use. Not that they are bad or anything just not to my personal liking. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

How long do the samples take to load? I have some patches that take literally 20-25 seconds. The majority of the patches take ten to 20 seconds. I have a 1tB/7200 WD hdd that the library is on. That seems pretty slow to me. They all load up properly it's just slow.

Doc Brown wrote:How long do the samples take to load? I have some patches that take literally 20-25 seconds. The majority of the patches take ten to 20 seconds. I have a 1tB/7200 WD hdd that the library is on. That seems pretty slow to me. They all load up properly it's just slow.
Depends on your machine. On mine it takes no longer than 1 second, typically under 1 second. But I am on a 3Gz 12-core Mac Pro, 32G RAM, SSD, Logic Pro X.

^^^
Could your AntiVirus be scanning the files?
Inspired by ...

I just downloaded yesterday the free Syntronic, and first opened the patches in my ST3. I was surprised to see that, in ST3, I don't have acess to the special skins made. - one minus to IK Multimedia for this - in Falcon, we have acess to those skins (they are the "macros".

Besides, now, after having updated ST3 to version 3.7, it insists in scan the library every day when I load it the first time. It should do this just the first time, but apparently ST3 has probelms with the database (these have been a constant with ST3 since the beginning, when we don't install the libraries in the standard location)

Another thing, that reminded me why I had put ST3 more or less aside. If we load a patch, we cannot change the sound (the sample set). At first I thought that this was because of Syntronic, but even if I load an instrument from the factory liobrary, or an imported one, I have the same problem. So, even in ST3, we can just "tweak" existing instruments - a really dumb thing. With a synth engine that is minimally competent, we should expect IK Multimedia to want users to aim more than just some dumb tweakings.

I am glad I passed on Syntronics. The sounds I loaded have nothing special, and the fact I cannot take advantage of them inside ST3, as I can with the UVI libraries inside Falcon is a BIG minus.

I guess they have to rethink ST3 from the ground up to allow for some serious editing from scratch.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:I just downloaded yesterday the free Syntronic, and first opened the patches in my ST3. I was surprised to see that, in ST3, I don't have acess to the special skins made. - one minus to IK Multimedia for this - in Falcon, we have acess to those skins (they are the "macros".

Besides, now, after having updated ST3 to version 3.7, it insists in scan the library every day when I load it the first time. It should do this just the first time, but apparently ST3 has probelms with the database (these have been a constant with ST3 since the beginning, when we don't install the libraries in the standard location)

Another thing, that reminded me why I had put ST3 more or less aside. If we load a patch, we cannot change the sound (the sample set). At first I thought that this was because of Syntronic, but even if I load an instrument from the factory liobrary, or an imported one, I have the same problem. So, even in ST3, we can just "tweak" existing instruments - a really dumb thing. With a synth engine that is minimally competent, we should expect IK Multimedia to want users to aim more than just some dumb tweakings.

I am glad I passed on Syntronics. The sounds I loaded have nothing special, and the fact I cannot take advantage of them inside ST3, as I can with the UVI libraries inside Falcon is a BIG minus.

I guess they have to rethink ST3 from the ground up to allow for some serious editing from scratch.
Mine doesn't rescan. Sounds like a bug. You have Osc 2 in sampletank in the new drop down menu on the edit page, plus all the new filters are now in sampletank plus the effects. I've spent more time in sampletank with the new library then in Syntronik. It's almost all there minus the skin ..in edit.

Return to “Instruments”