Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, before I forget, a MANDATORY string breakage is also necessary :lol:

I don't check setups because I never have any intention of buying (go figure ;)). However, there have been 2 times I remember walking away and wishing I hadn't:

1. Refinished 1952 Esquire with the roundest, most awkward fretboard radius, like a baseball bat all the way around. It was "only" $3,000 due to the condition and lack of playability but was the best sounding Telecaster I've ever heard.

2. Overpriced 1961 Bassman that soundest as close as I've ever gotten to Joe Walsh's James Gang sound. I later got a different 1961 Bassman for about half the price but it sounded nothing at all like it, which leads me to believe the other one had been modified.

Well, I just think it's a good starting point. I know what to look for (and I'm right basically 100% )

Not excited about buying and then needing a bunch of work ;)

A bad alternator (to start) teeth issues with me and the cat have finally broke the bank.

There will be NO new guitar.

Inc - choose b/w the cat . . . or a new GTR

for me : easy choice
8)
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Na, you can see the red around the two teeth.

It's the alternator that is going to set me back 600 bucks, that was unexpected.

At least you have your priorities straight ... I have tires , tune-up , and many things car related to get done soon ... So , I'm in the same boat , it does motivate me to sell guitars , software , and gear I'm not using or as fond of anymore . May buy some fresh guitar strings that always helps ...

But I've been saving up all that money, now it's gone.

I can always dip into my "real" money but if I start doing that, then who knows if I'll stop (and then no house, etc etc)

That's a BUMMER , I have the money to pull the trigger on both the PRS SE CE24 and almost enough for the Guild D20 acoustic if I don't go into my savings too, but haven't still ...I know I'm gonna sell at least 1 more acoustic guitar before I pull the trigger , it's hard letting go of guitars . In the meantime I've finally found some love for the VHT amp , finding I'm liking the EL84 and tube adapter instead of the 6V6 tube way way way better . I still don't like the p90 Melody Maker the way it plays or looks but am starting to like the tones I'm getting with it and the VHT amp , I'll keep it and see how the PRS works out before I ditched it ... I have an MXR M75 distortion custom badass ( retarded name ) pedal that I hated with the VHT amp ... I really hate the pedal with the 6v6 tube now , but I found out I'm really liking it alot with the EL84 and tube adapter ... The VOX stuff is EL84 and takes well to pedals so I heard , I'm surprised I don't like the 6v6 tube sound maybe it's the P90s with that tube ? Anyways short story I'VE BEEN HAVING FUN ON THE CHEAP .... I plan on getting some new strings in the meantime maybe an EL34 and 6L6 tube too who knows ? I'm dreading my car expenses , not gonna be fun . Damn thing is 12 years old , but I've gotta do it ..

We are all gaseous creatures :hihi:

Like kids at a toy store .

fedexnman wrote:May buy some fresh guitar strings that always helps ...
If you haven't already, try Elixirs, Dean Markley Blue Steel and Burnished Nickel, and DR Pure Blues.

Uncle E wrote:
fedexnman wrote:May buy some fresh guitar strings that always helps ...
If you haven't already, try Elixirs, Dean Markley Blue Steel and Burnished Nickel, and DR Pure Blues.
I like Elixer Nanoweb for acoustics , are they good on electrics too ?

My problem is that they frail where I pick kinda easy.

To be honest I only use Elixer Nano (acoustic) because they LAST , they are a very very boring string .

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”