Omnisphere (MHO)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Something at virtually $500 had better be damn awesome, glitch free, and uber rewarding to work with.

You can buy the top Studio One 3 package for $400

Kontakt 5 is $400

Sylenth, Serum, Zebra 2, and many other awesome synths are UNDER $200.

I know how fabulous all that software is because I use it.

I have not bought Omnisphere, because I cannot believe one plugin at that price can be substantially, qualitatively and realistically so superior to those synths that it justifies spending more than twice the money on it.

Is it really twice as 'good' as Serum?
Do you really get 20% more quality out of it than you do from Studio one 3 professional
(which is 20% cheaper)

(I appreciate the subjective vagueness of the concept 'good' but I think you understand my point)

I've read some forum threads on Omnisphere and the debate about if it's really just a Rompler or a genuine synthesizer.

Either way, no single synth or Rompler should be priced that high when other companies produce breathtaking software for less money. Finally, even Komplete is only $100 more than Omnisphere 2 and most readers know what that package offers.

Just my view - maybe I'm the only one.

I brought enough for everyone...

Cheers! :tu:

R0bins0n wrote:Something at virtually $500 had better be damn awesome, glitch free, and uber rewarding to work with.

You can buy the top Studio One 3 package for $400

Kontakt 5 is $400

Sylenth, Serum, Zebra 2, and many other awesome synths are UNDER $200.

I know how fabulous all that software is because I use it.

I have not bought Omnisphere, because I cannot believe one plugin at that price can be substantially, qualitatively and realistically so superior to those synths that it justifies spending more than twice the money on it.

Is it really twice as 'good' as Serum?
Do you really get 20% more quality out of it than you do from Studio one 3 professional
(which is 20% cheaper)

(I appreciate the subjective vagueness of the concept 'good' but I think you understand my point)

I've read some forum threads on Omnisphere and the debate about if it's really just a Rompler or a genuine synthesizer.

Either way, no single synth or Rompler should be priced that high when other companies produce breathtaking software for less money. Finally, even Komplete is only $100 more than Omnisphere 2 and most readers know what that package offers.

Just my view - maybe I'm the only one.

You best bet is to try the demo :hihi:

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's really good.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

AnX wrote: You best bet is to try the demo :hihi:
I know that you're trying to be funny, however, there actually is a demo now, it's really new so I can see why you wouldn't know about it.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=481399&p=6733238&hi ... e#p6733238

Upon waking this morning, I was struck by the thought of how much better the world might be if more people formed opinions about things which they know very little about.

So, if you achieve nothing else today, perhaps take comfort in knowing you are making the world a better place :tu:

So good I said it twice!

It's so versatile, it's also a laxative.

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=148490

You best bet is to try the demo :hihi:

haha good one
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

R0bins0n wrote:Either way, no single synth or Rompler should be priced that high when other companies produce breathtaking software for less money. Finally, even Komplete is only $100 more than Omnisphere 2 and most readers know what that package offers.
I know what you mean. I spent that much on a Spitfire library and all I got were some frickin' strings. I mean, what a ripoff. Why couldn't they throw in a few Oberheim samples to make up the weight?

There's no debate to whether Omnisphere is a synth or a rompler. It's both quite obviously.

So is it good value? Let's say the synth part was 100 dollars, which I think everyone can agree is a good deal. Now subtract that from the full price of Omni and compare that cost to other 50gb of sound libraries with similar range of content for things like kontakt.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:There's no debate to whether Omnisphere is a synth or a rompler. It's both quite obviously.

So is it good value? Let's say the synth part was 100 dollars, which I think everyone can agree is a good deal.
Are you sure? I dunno....

I threw the hard drive containing Omnisphere into a pond* and it didn't float. So I was able to conclude definitively that it is not a witch.

* I didn't sample it. Sorry.

Return to “Instruments”