Sampletank 3 - sound download reactivation fee..?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I do not know how many others are Sampletank 3 owners out there, but I find it sad and sickening that they want to charge you to download the sounds for your plugin again. I have not heard of another company that will sell you a product, allow you to download half of it, but charge you a fee if you want to download the rest.

Fail, Ik Multimedia. That is terribly disappointing and I won't ever be supporting your company again.

Really ?? ouch... terrible way of treating customers! I'll quickly play with my EQ81, my only IK paid software, before I'll have to re-buy half of it !
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

You can download everything - there is no half-way limit. And the sounds library downloads remain available for 180 days after you have registered the software.
IKMM FAQs wrote:1.1 Is there a time limit on how long I have to download my Virtual Instrument libraries?
Yes. You have 180 days time to download the sounds from your User Area > My Products > (product name) > Sounds Downloads, in your User Area on http://www.ikmultimedia.com. The time limit begins from the moment you register the included serial number. We do suggest to backup your sounds, as once your 180 days expire, download access can only be regained by purchasing a Sounds Reactivation Credit in the IK Multimedia Store.

The Sounds Reactivation Credit will reactivate the sounds download access for another 180 days time.
I'll guess that you downloaded some of the files and not the other and now, after more than 180 days, wish to download the others. The Reactivation Credit has been reduced significantly in price and covers all your sounds libraries.

I suggest that you try contacting IK Multimedia Support and explaining your particular circumstances; they may well help you out.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Boone777 wrote:Really ?? ouch... terrible way of treating customers! I'll quickly play with my EQ81, my only IK paid software, before I'll have to re-buy half of it !
EQ81 does NOT fall into this category; it is not a sounds library.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Who knows buttons might disappear ! :ud: I avoided buying much IK stuff because I don't like jumping through hoops to use my plugins.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

I sent them a frustrated email about this a few years back, because I wasn't aware it was a thing, and their customer service gave me a free download credit for my sounds. It's worth asking, anyway.

+1 to the op
I can download my UVI libraries when I need them without paying or begging.

I could understand this would come as a surprise considering they've been charging for re-downloads for only about...oh...10+ years.

jsp1979 wrote:I could understand this would come as a surprise considering they've been charging for re-downloads for only about...oh...10+ years.
Not everyone has been a SampleTank user for 10+ years. Did you ever consider that others' life experiences might be different than your own?

What's even more bizarre is they force you to download mac and pc versions, twice the bandwidth twice the time.

Charging to redownload purchased products is low.

funky lime wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:I could understand this would come as a surprise considering they've been charging for re-downloads for only about...oh...10+ years.
Not everyone has been a SampleTank user for 10+ years. Did you ever consider that others' life experiences might be different than your own?
What? My mind is blown.

My comment has to do with the fact that this is a topic of discussion around KVR on an regular basis in IK threads and in standalone threads like this one.

It's not a new thing. It's a not a secret. In fact, it is a VERY frequent complaint about IK. In fact, it is likely the most common complaint about IK along with the incessant, long-term hyping of new products and devaluing old ones. So, I found the "hey guys did you here this?" aspect of the OP amusing. Perhaps I should've put a wink or a smiley to indicate my amusement.

That being said, I do not think they should charge for downloads. They used to charge more than *twice* the current price for a re-download credit. At least now, you can use Jampoints and the re-download credit opens all of your downloads (for all products) at once. That is my understanding of it at least. So, you can likely download all of your products for about 6 Euro using Jampoints.

Peter commonly explains that if you send a support request with an explanation, then they will open them up without charging you. I've heard quite a few people who did this and got that result. So, why do they charge at all? I don't know.

My point was simply that just because you think something is obvious does not mean it is necessarily obvious to everyone else. Some people don't come here often enough to know what might seem second nature to the regulars. Case in point, I've been a member several years longer than you but have barely a third of the amount of posts as you. Sometimes I'll be gone for a year, and then maybe come back for a few days, then be gone for several months again.

So it's just rude when someone complains for you to come in and be all sarcastic like "psssh who doesn't know that already?" instead of actually being relevant to the topic.

It's cool that you already knew a thing that the OP did not. Congratulations on that. (insert emoticon)

Well, telling people they're rude for simply making an ironic statement and then sarcastically congratulating them might be accordingly considered rude indeed. At least not funky or relevant to the topic, for that matter.

jsp1979 wrote: They used to charge more than *twice* the current price for a re-download credit. At least now, you can use Jampoints and the re-download credit opens all of your downloads (for all products) at once. That is my understanding of it at least. So, you can likely download all of your products for about 6 Euro using Jampoints.
This is interesting (and relevant). Shows that IK listens and maybe one day will decide to drop the re-download credit requirement. I for one am quite pleased with their latest Syntronik.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”