Minimoog Softsynth Shootout: Diva MiniV3 Monark Legend Minimonsta vs Model D

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva Mini V4 Minimonsta Monark The Legend

stardustmedia wrote:There are a lot of points where hardware is inferior, yes. But sound and haptic is unbeatable.

It's useless to say one is better than the other. Use that who fits you and the situation the best. I do that.

A sensible argument.... you're in the wrong forum :hihi:

AnX wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:There are a lot of points where hardware is inferior, yes. But sound and haptic is unbeatable.

It's useless to say one is better than the other. Use that who fits you and the situation the best. I do that.

A sensible argument.... you're in the wrong forum :hihi:
Yike, I dared to say evil the H-word :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Sure the haptic part is important, I'm pretty sure though if we had The Legend, Diva, Repro-1 or whatever in a vintage keyboard with the exact same knobs but a DSP inside, it would be the same experience. I just do not think the difference in sound is substantial, not anymore.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:

Sure the haptic part is important, I'm pretty sure though if we had The Legend, Diva, Repro-1 or whatever in a vintage keyboard with the exact same knobs but a DSP inside, it would be the same experience. I just do not think the difference in sound is substantial, not anymore.

Richard
I'd agree with you there. I use my System 8 as a MIDI controller, and the three synths you mention (my trifecta) feel like real instruments when being controlled by the S8. In fact, I much prefer those 3 to the S8's internal synths, which are good, but not quite RePro-1/Legend good IMO.

I got Monark for free with Maschine and it's very good. And the price is even better.

Bump1 wrote:I got Monark for free with Maschine and it's very good. And the price is even better.
+1 for Monark (esp. in connection with Komplete Kontrol)

Legend is by far my favorite of the emulations. There was just something about its sound compared to the others. Having never owned a hardware Mini, I assumed it was just "Synapse Audio" character - accurate or not, it fit my personal tastes the most. Really surprised to learn it's actually one of the most accurate emulations available.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Legend is amazing. When I load it, I feel an inmediate, raw power reminiscent of the minimoog, from just a single oscillator. Not even talking about the filters yet. I don't know if it's 100% accurate with a Model D, because I now understand that no software emulation would ever be that accurate, and it's pointless to pretend it to be. But Legend, as its own thing, really sounds incredible and certainly reminds of the power and character of the minimoog.

Here is Urs Heckmann's take on emulations that is very nice to read: https://urs.silvrback.com/specimen

martinjuenke wrote:
Bump1 wrote:I got Monark for free with Maschine and it's very good. And the price is even better.
+1 for Monark (esp. in connection with Komplete Kontrol)
I love Monark. Regardless of comparisons, it delivers that Fax Records Minimoog sound just fine. When i need some analog sounds, and a very resonant, punchy filter, and envelopes, i pick Monark.

RePro-1 and the underestimated BeepStreet Dagger are also great. And U-NO-LX. Those along with The Legend make my 'analog' synth arsenal. And soon RePro-5. It's a great time for analog emulation plugins.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When i need some analogue sounds, and a very resonant, punchy filter, and envelopes, i pick one of my analogue synths. :tu:

Yes, my Novation Bass Station II is no slouch. But honestly, can't match the convenience of the plugins.

There are three problems with analogue synths, possibly four:

1) Maintenance - those things break and they need to be refurbished every couple of years.
2) Price. You can buy all the plugins you want for a price of one good analogue synth.
3) You need a good audio interface with good AD to be able to record them properly.
4) No total recall. Every time you want to play a new track, you have to know which preset is being used.

That being said, I'm doing perfectly fine with all of these. But it is not for the new lazy generation. I'm oldschool. ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

minimoog miniblows
~Pyrotek45

Yorrrrrr wrote:RePro-1 and the underestimated BeepStreet Dagger are also great. And U-NO-LX. Those along with The Legend make my 'analog' synth arsenal. And soon RePro-5. It's a great time for analog emulation plugins.
I agree about Dagger. A hidden gem for me.
I even like it the most for it's massiv power.
So i hope Zeeon (Beepstreet WIP) will not iOS only. It's a kind of polyphonic Dagger with modulation matrix (OSC as mod source for everything) plus several flavors of filters, analog FX etc.

Return to “Instruments”