UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

liv wrote:I have two comb filters where I want to control resonance with one macro knob.
The first go from 50-100% resonance when dragging the macro from 0-100 and it is fine.
The second I want to be reduced from 98-90% with the same macro knob. I set the offset to 98 but seems nothing happen when I set the ratio to minus.
Is this possible, and if so, how?
Ok, found out that by editing the modulation mapper adding a "half" (unipolar) ramp down could make this work.
:tu:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Modmappers are awesome. You can even generate them via formulas (right-click!).

EastBoundSounds wrote:Just Relseased this Highly percussive Vintage Drum Machine. Introducing the "Rhythm King" for UVI Falcon. https://youtu.be/RuMlYCalLpg

Only @ https://www.eastboundsounds.com/rhythm-king-expansion/

I have bought this, but how do I install this ?
All my falcon/UVI addons so far only have a single ufs file. This one has wavs and rexfiles (and Audio Demos). Are thy needed (esp. the demos) and where to put these.
Install instructions in the download would be good.

You don't install it, as it's not a licensed UVI library - so no single UFS file. You just open the .uvip files from Falcon's Devices browser. So, have your library placed wherever you want, then browse to that folder in Devices tree on the right side of Falcon. You can right-click a folder and bookmark it in Places so you can fetch it more quickly at a later date.

Thanks. With "installing" I meant the folder structure.
Is the uvib file enough or do I have to place the audio demos, the rexfiles and the other wav files somewhere too ?

I think that all is supposed to stay in that one folder. You might wanna trash the audio demos, why would you even need them? :)

Does Falcon have a scalable UI that handles High-DPI correctly, or is it the same as the UVI workstation product ?

Thanks.

@otristan.
Browser feature request.
What about a possibility to view the program information in the browser from the selected preset. Could look something like the inspector in the tree view but with the info written in the info page displayed.
Currently it is so well hidden and you need several steps to view it. This would add value when browsing presets to be able to see a description.

koalaboy wrote:Does Falcon have a scalable UI that handles High-DPI correctly, or is it the same as the UVI workstation product ?

Thanks.
It's the same.

liv wrote:@otristan.
Browser feature request.
What about a possibility to view the program information in the browser from the selected preset. Could look something like the inspector in the tree view but with the info written in the info page displayed.
Currently it is so well hidden and you need several steps to view it. This would add value when browsing presets to be able to see a description.
That would indeed be very nice!

Question on mod amount.

I have a multi envelope assigned to osc sync (with ratio set to 12).
Now I want to control the ratio of the multi env with a macro knob but the available ratio on the macro knob is only 0-1.
Am I missing something or is there a way around this?

Edit:
I now tried setting the mod mapper range to 0-12 and ramp up which kind of solved it. Only thing is it equals 11,81 on the envelope ratio.
Bug?

Edit 2:
Solved it by setting the mod mapper to size 256, range 0-12 and choose ramp up.
Now it equals 12.

@otristan.
Feature request.
It'd be nice to have 12 and 24 added as options for the LFO sync freq.

@otristan.
Inconsistency bug?
When right click on a knob and assign to a macro knob, sometimes the macro knob is selected and sometimes not.
When you assign the first knob it seems always be selected. When you assign another it is more random luck. It doesn't help just to click on the knob again but here you very often need to click another knob and then click on the assigned knob again for the macro knob (properties) to be selected.

This can be very tedious and confusing especially with lots of assignments as you need to double check everytime before doing the actual editing.

If the macro knob always was automatically selected when assigning that would save lots of time and prevent possible errors.

macOS Sierra.

liv wrote:@otristan.
Inconsistency bug?
When right click on a knob and assign to a macro knob, sometimes the macro knob is selected and sometimes not.
When you assign the first knob it seems always be selected. When you assign another it is more random luck. It doesn't help just to click on the knob again but here you very often need to click another knob and then click on the assigned knob again for the macro knob (properties) to be selected.

This can be very tedious and confusing especially with lots of assignments as you need to double check everytime before doing the actual editing.

If the macro knob always was automatically selected when assigning that would save lots of time and prevent possible errors.

macOS Sierra.
I found the inconsistency.
Seems if you first click on the knob and then right click to assign, the macro knob is not automatically selected.
If you right click directly and assign (without selecting the knob first) the macro knob is automatically selected and it behaves consistently.

What are the measures for the background picture on the info page?

Return to “Instruments”