Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

zerocrossing wrote: I'll miss Juno 106 a bit. I don't think there's anything on the market that's as good, but whatever.

TAL U-NO-LX (it's not a Juno-106, but the Juno-60 is pretty close to the 106)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: I'll miss Juno 106 a bit. I don't think there's anything on the market that's as good, but whatever.

TAL U-NO-LX (it's not a Juno-106, but the Juno-60 is pretty close to the 106)
The Tal uno LX is great but the 106 plugout has more oompf in the bass where the LX have a weaker Bass.
The LX sounds meaty and juicy which i love and the 106 Plugout has the most noisy Chorus i have ever heard and there is no way to turn it off.

So even with a weaker Bass LX is my favorite of those 2 :)

zerocrossing wrote: If Roland wants my money in the future, they'll have to do what most every other developer is doing, and sell me a perpetual license for the specific plugins I want. Also, they'll have to fix the problems with their current plugins, like the fact that they always demand CPU even when not in use, and those UIs are deplorable.
+1

Glad to see that rolandcloud.com is no longer in Beta, hope to see many entertaining progress soon.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

The Cloud is so 2010. Ping me when Roland is on the Blockchain. :ud:

crystalmsc wrote:Glad to see that rolandcloud.com is no longer in Beta, hope to see many entertaining progress soon.
Where did you see it is no longer in Beta?

I did not see such news at the website of their Facebook page.

The Beta subscription for 19.95$ per month is still available too.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The Cloud-website had a "Beta" sticker.. it's gone.
*Makes weird magic gestures with hands/tentacles

..but yea the pricing says some of beta....dunno.

Was this "text" updated?
FAQ "I've already purchased some..":
In the very near future we will be announcing a special Roland Cloud offer for existing Roland Contents Store customers- please stay tuned!

Was the last official update in April?..!
- WonderEcho -

I've just had to make the 4th account/log-in.
This Cloud bs pisses me off.
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote:I've just had to make the 4th account/log-in.
This Cloud bs pisses me off.
Having to create another account should only be needed if you want another free 30 days trial.

If you paid the subscription this should not be necessary. If you decide to pay the subscription it should be also possible to use one of the accounts you alraedy created for that.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I don't want to pay..
1. It's not worth my money.
2. I only use Paypal.
3. They shall put their crap into the shop like normal people. If i pay for cloud.. it would make me look like an idiot who is just fine with their crap.

After receiving some notes from a midi-track, opening/closing the System-8 GUI crashes my Maschine2 + in Cubase appears some crash info..but there it continues to work.
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote:I don't want to pay..
1. It's not worth my money.
2. I only use Paypal.
3. They shall put their crap into the shop like normal people. If i pay for cloud.. it would make me look like an idiot who is just fine with their crap.

After receiving some notes from the sequencer, opening/closing the System-8 GUI,
...the system-8 crashes my Maschine2 + in Cubase appears some crash info..but there it continues to work.
Well, your post was about creating a 4th account which seems to mean that you check the trial for the 4th time now. If they offer a time limited 30 days trial it will obviously not continue to work forever.

So your options are to forget about the Roland plugin, create a new account every month or finally decide to pay for the subscription. Personally i did choose the last option at the moment, currently starting with the 2nd month of the subscription. Later I still might decide to cancel the subsciption but maybe also not.

My impression is that the subscription model will not be cancelled anytime soon and personally i do not want to wait until it might happen or not.
Ingo Weidner

I bought a system-8 and... all i want is a librarian .. for free. (S-8, juno, jupiter)
+ i'd like them to stop their bs.. because i am tempted to sell s-8 again.
+i bought some synths on sale..

When nobody pays for cloud.. it will die faster than i can reset my system-8. (..they will offer alternatives)

(edit: I created 4 free e-mails/accounts and saved 80 euros. Have or have not..)
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote: When nobody pays for cloud.. it will die faster than i can reset my system-8. (..they will offer alternatives)

(edit: I created 4 free e-mails/accounts and saved 80 euros. Have or have not..)
So on the one hand you are bashing the Cloud while on the other hand you keep on using the Cloud for free.
Sounds a bit strange if you hate the Cloud that much...

Concrning the price a USD to Euro conversion is involved at my credit card balance so i did not pay 40 € for 2 months but around 35 €.
No fees and taxes seem to be involved with the final price here in Germany.
Ingo Weidner

Klinke1 wrote:I bought a system-8 and... all i want is a librarian .. for free. (S-8, juno, jupiter)
+ i'd like them to stop their bs.. because i am tempted to sell s-8 again.
+i bought some synths on sale..

When nobody pays for cloud.. it will die faster than i can reset my system-8. (..they will offer alternatives)

Just sent this post off to Roland support. The sooner we get clowns like you off the cloud, the better it will be for those of us who support it.

Klinke1 wrote:After receiving some notes from a midi-track, opening/closing the System-8 GUI crashes my Maschine2 + in Cubase appears some crash info..but there it continues to work.
So it's not just me that's is having this issue, it also affects System-1.

Return to “Instruments”