Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

RobGee wrote:
Klinke1 wrote:After receiving some notes from a midi-track, opening/closing the System-8 GUI crashes my Maschine2 + in Cubase appears some crash info..but there it continues to work.
So it's not just me that's is having this issue, it also affects System-1.
I have an open ticket with Roland support on this and you may want to delete the VST3 versions and try and see if it happens with the the VST 2 versions.

For me, removing the VST3 versions solved it. However I am not using any hardware with it.

I'm about to cancel it all right now. I just went to download a plugin, and now I find that I have to use their Cloud Manager. OK. Sure. Download and install it. It won't work. Something is happening in the background, but I can't get a UI up to control what it's doing. Total fail. My system is about as basic as can be. This is really the final straw. To make matters worse, there's really no support. I tried to get on the forum, and it seems like my account has been suspended for some reason... no idea why.

If you're going to expect me to pay a monthly fee, I'm going to expect the ability to contact support with an issue. This really blows.

[edit]Found it... on the bottom of the page, off screen.
Last edited by zerocrossing on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

PM me.

zerocrossing wrote:I'm about to cancel it all right now. I just went to download a plugin, and now I find that I have to use their Cloud Manager. OK. Sure. Download and install it. It won't work. Something is happening in the background, but I can't get a UI up to control what it's doing. Total fail. My system is about as basic as can be. This is really the final straw. To make matters worse, there's really no support. I tried to get on the forum, and it seems like my account has been suspended for some reason... no idea why.

If you're going to expect me to pay a monthly fee, I'm going to expect the ability to contact support with an issue. This really blows.
If you are interested, try going to http://www.rolandcloud.com and opening a ticket through your account. They respond very fast through that method.

The first time I ran the Cloud Manager, it wiped out every other VST 2 in the folder that was there. I most certainly was not happy about that and they got an earful. I am still working with them to try and recreate it was I was only able to do once.

I believe that I read in one of your posts that you owned some of them which may have something to do with it as the first question they asked was if I had any plug outs I purchased installed prior to the Cloud Manager installation because that was causing some problems for some users.

zerocrossing wrote:I'm about to cancel it all right now. I just went to download a plugin, and now I find that I have to use their Cloud Manager. OK. Sure. Download and install it. It won't work. Something is happening in the background, but I can't get a UI up to control what it's doing. Total fail. My system is about as basic as can be. This is really the final straw. To make matters worse, there's really no support. I tried to get on the forum, and it seems like my account has been suspended for some reason... no idea why.

[edit]Found it... on the bottom of the page, off screen.
Hi,

here at Windows 10 64-bit the Cloud Manager is installed to: C:\Progem Files\RolandCloudManager
I linked the EXE file to the Windows desktop.

If this is started only a small symbol is dsiplay at teh lower right of the Windows desktop. At teh following screenshot taht symbol is marked wit ah big orange arrow:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... r%2001.png

If you click at the smybol that box at the right of the screenshots will apear. If you the right-click the small symbol and click on "My Instruments" the big window at the left of the screenshot is opened.
At the screenshot shown i scrolled down there to show the installed "Legendary Series" plugins.
Here is a screenshot of what is shown when right-clicking the small symbol:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... r%2002.png

If you click on "Install" for a plugin the status will be shown at the smaller window (you might have to open it again by clicking at the small symbol). After downlaod the Installer should be started wheer it should be also possible to select a location for the VST2 plugin.

The smaller windows also has a "gearwheel" symbol at the lower right. If you click on that another drop-down menu appears:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... r%2003.png

If you are finished with installing or installing updates you could close the Cloud Manager from that menu.

The plugins will still work after closing this. They will be authorized within the plugins by entering your account login data there. This usally happens at the first time opening the plugin. In certain cases it might be necessary to re-enter the login data (which AFFAIk only happend once here yet).

Also with the Cloud Manager software it might happen sometimes that you have to re-enter the data but this should happen rarely. FWIW overall the Cloud Manager and the subscription based protecion still seem to be in Beta status...
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Sorry, if i offended someone. (I said idiot..)
And yea sorry..Dollar nor Eus.(*splits hairs)

Point is:
You are paying for/to Beta-testing.
It should be the other way round.
Don't waste your money.
Your choice.

.. my stage-name is "party-pooper". :party:
I am happy with my job.

edit..I want an editor and easy way to save patches and banks for the system-8 + others.
Kill a vst-folder!? How about a Gibson-Explorer up Rolands bunghole?)
- WonderEcho -

After my 30 days trial I'm trying to subscribe but I'm getting this when submitting:

"An error occurred and your request couldn't be completed."

Any ideas what's going on?

EDIT: Oh they were fast their support.

This solved it:

"This is a known issue, apologies for the inconvenience,

Within the "State/Province" Box, please refrain from using any spaces. If within the US, please use the two letter abbreviation for your state. If outside of the US please put "none" or "blank" into the box, or type in the State/Province without any spaces. Example: Instead of Lower Saxony use LowerSaxony.

We are working to resolve this, but until then this should work."

T11 wrote:After my 30 days trial I'm trying to subscribe but I'm getting this when submitting:

"An error occurred and your request couldn't be completed."

Any ideas what's going on?

EDIT: Oh they were fast their support.

This solved it:

"This is a known issue, apologies for the inconvenience,

Within the "State/Province" Box, please refrain from using any spaces. If within the US, please use the two letter abbreviation for your state. If outside of the US please put "none" or "blank" into the box, or type in the State/Province without any spaces. Example: Instead of Lower Saxony use LowerSaxony.

We are working to resolve this, but until then this should work."
Yes, exactly the same problem and solution i had myself and that i reported here last month in the D-50 plugin thread.

The "Lower Saxony" example given seemed to be from my own report/request at support. This is s federaI state here in Germany (overall there are 16 of them). I had used "none" instead and then it worked.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Today I suddenly got this message:

---------------------------
D-50
Since authorization has not been completed, the audio output periodically becomes distorted and reduced in volume.
OK

I have payed my subscription, so why is it asudden doing this?

Anyone else got this?

T11 wrote:Today I suddenly got this message:

D-50
Since authorization has not been completed, the audio output periodically becomes distorted and reduced in volume.
OK

I have payed my subscription, so why is it asudden doing this?

Anyone else got this?
Authorization of the plugins in done when the plugin is started for the first time and you got to enter you account useername and password there.
Usually the plugin should keep this but in rare cases it might happen that you have to re-enter it again in the plugin.

So far i did not have a case where a Roland Cloud plugin refused to accept the authorization.
Ingo Weidner

Was just listening to an old Howard Jones song and saw this video in the suggestions. First I thought it didn't sound much like the original at all, but that Jupiter 6 really does sound juicy and lively, very nice presence. Does the software sound like that, too? (I know it is the 8, but still...)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80KgW7MP8BA

fluffy_little_something wrote:Was just listening to an old Howard Jones song and saw this video in the suggestions. First I thought it didn't sound much like the original at all, but that Jupiter 6 really does sound juicy and lively, very nice presence. Does the software sound like that, too? (I know it is the 8, but still...)
They sound quite good but hit the CPU very hard. I couldn't even play the System 8 on my old PC. The R7 I recently built can handle them with ease but you can still see the drain. do not know what your PC is but they do have a free month trial and you can give the run yourself as well. It is really hard to describe how they sound.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Was just listening to an old Howard Jones song and saw this video in the suggestions. First I thought it didn't sound much like the original at all, but that Jupiter 6 really does sound juicy and lively, very nice presence. Does the software sound like that, too? (I know it is the 8, but still...)
Agess ago i owned both a Jupiter 8 nand a MKS-80 "Super Jupiter" module which sounded different and while i never owned one aso a Jupiter 6 seems to sound different.

The oscillators in Jupiter 6 are CEM3340 chips while in Jupiter 8 they sem to be a discreate Roland design.
The filter in Jupiter 6 is different too and is a multimode filter with LPF, BPF and HPF modes.
The Jupiter 8 besides the LPF (switchable between 24db and 12dB) had the additional simple HPF where the only control waas teh Cutoff fader.

U-He Diva contains both the Jupiter 8 LPF and HPF filters (called "Cascade" mode and "HPF pre" in Diva) and the Jupiter 6 multimode filter (called "Multimode" mode in Diva).
The "dual VCO" module in Diva seems to be a kind of mix of that in Jupiter 8 and 6 including the "Shape" drowdown menu with 3 choices based on the different synths.
The GUI design of te Osc module seems to be closer to Jupiter 6 as it uses buttons for the waveforms while Jupiter 8 has knobs.
That button design like in a real Jupiter 6 offers using multiple waveforms at once (also possible with e.g.. a Prophet 5). With the knobs in Jupiter 8 this is not possible.
The "analogue" ADSR envelopes in Diva seem to be from Jupiter 8 while the "digital" ADSR is from Jupiter 6 so there also seems to be a difference in the envelopes.

So compared to a Jupiter 8 there are differences in VCOs, filter, envelopes and maybe also other stuff.
Besides that the Jupiter 6 indeed seems to be a very powerful synth on it's own but there are multiple differences compared to a Jupiter 8 too.

I currently got the Roland Cloud Jupiter-8 besides Diva and Arturia Jup-8 V3 and the Roland pluin indeed sounds really great while it has a vry high CPU use and the GUI has to be improved (gets "blurry" at bigger sizes than 100%).

Roland added a few changes to the Osc section of the Jupiter 8 plugin which inlcudes an octave range down to 64' (32' in the real thing) and identiacal waveform selctions in both Oscs (diffeernt choices with both Oscs in the real thing). Waveforms in the plugin for both Oscs include Saw, variable Pulse (PWM), Triangle, Sine, Square, Noise.

As the Ensemble/Chorus FX of the Juno-60 emulation of TAL (U-NO-LX) is also available as a free FX plugin it is nice to combine a Jupiter with this. The Chorus was a main reason why a uno-60 often was preferred for certain pad sounds like in that video posted above.
If you add the same to a Jupiter 8 you get additional options for sound design.
Ingo Weidner

Maybe they changed the oscillator section because they realized there is not that much point in combining those waveforms, not least because all 4 share the same octave setting, so no subosc usage. The J8 has noise on one osc.
I also prefer the filter configuration of the J8, the same as on the Juno. The additional HPF is useful. Somehow I never use BPF or HPF on a synth, even when they are there.

Will check out the Jupiter sound in Diva, which I think I still have, the demo that is :hihi:

The guy in the video only used two saws judging from the lights. There is some ripping character to the sound, rough but not in a negative way. It's hard to recreate on plugins somehow :P

Does the Roland software support multi-threading? Even if it is very hungry, using one of the latest 8 to 16-core CPU's should do it.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Does the Roland software support multi-threading? Even if it is very hungry, using one of the latest 8 to 16-core CPU's should do it.
The problem is that it already seems to use multiple cores by default and even with that it could max out the CPU load display in e.g. Live 9.

I noticed that by checking CPU use in WIndows and by trying to use multiple instances.
If on a Quad Core CPU 4 instances of a plugin without multcore support are used each core should handle one instance and the overall CPU load should not max out. With the Jupiter 8 plugin already with 2 instances the overall CPU load is increased here on an i5-3350P Quad Core CPU.

If you got a new 8 core or 16 core CPU it might not be a problem. To reduce CPU load you could also reduce the voices from e.g. 6 to 8. The Roland plugin will always use the full CPU load for the maximum amount of voices even if only one note is played.

In terms of CPU load it is seem to be worse then using Diva in Divine mode.

Using multiple instances of the Roland Jupiter 8 i could use a maximum of around 14 voices for all instances together.

The sound of the plugin is ijndeed graet but the CPU used for that is insane.
In terms of sound quality vs CPU use Arturia Jup-8 V3 would win anyway against both the Roland Jupiter-8 plugin and also Diva...
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”