Northernsounds Gone

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, it looks like the Northern Sounds/Garritan site went bye, bye a few weeks ago. It has been pretty much comatose for some time. There were a just handfull of regular posters composing in the classical genre.

Years ago it was The Place but EastWest left, then the Pros left and then Gary Garritan went to MakeMusic and no longer participated in the his forum. Also many users upgraded to higher end libraries and left the forum. It stumbled on for some time in a sort of downward spiral and then the party was over. Lights out.

... and they all lived happily ever after.

The End
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Years ago the general non-brand section was really the place to go to argue and get expert advice, e.g. Eric Persing from Spectrasonics was a regular member there.

Harry_HH wrote:Years ago the general non-brand section was really the place to go to argue and get expert advice, e.g. Eric Persing from Spectrasonics was a regular member there.
+1 ... really got me sucked into the higher end sampling market, GigaSampler (yes, I said GigaSampler), vrsound.com, Art Vista, Garritan, Sampletekk, PMI, Scarbee... lots of good discussion there... the pre-rompler sampleset market and push toward pre-packaged "player" products was a hot topic... IIRC Greg @ OTS did an early version of his bass libraries using the wusik engine and discussed that development there... some of my other current kontakt vendor favorites got there start there too in terms of dev feedback etc...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Does it have a starbucks logo now?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”