REaper not finding all vst /amp sims

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I downloaded the bass amp from here ,,,,,,my reaper daw did pick it up?.....have have all my programs in same folder ..did a rescan and nothing?.....hello folks I am new here and new to daw recordind rock/harder rock/metal
have a great creative week
nothing will come of nothing......Willie Shakespeare

Details please. What bass amp from where? What operating system? What version of Reaper? The amp sim may need some specific installation or you may not have extracted it from the delivered zip file or almost anything.

Steve

SHB -1.... my system is 25ghz core I 5 8gb ram .500gb hdd windows 10 pro .my reaper is 5th edition......thank you for your reply... sorry I did not reply back sooner

check if REAPER looks in the right folder (settings -> VST i think), and also sometimes it helps to remove "get plugin names while scanning" checbox, do a "clear cache and rescan", and then set it again and do another rescan.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:check if REAPER looks in the right folder (settings -> VST i think), and also sometimes it helps to remove "get plugin names while scanning" checbox, do a "clear cache and rescan", and then set it again and do another rescan.

danka/thank you Burillo ...I will give that a try later on ....getting ready to head out to my job/asylum

I didn't need all that. You do know that what you downloaded was a .zip file and you need to open it (just double click) then copy SHB-1.dll from there into your normal VST folder? That's all I did then loaded Reaper and there it was.

Steve

Burillo wrote:"clear cache and rescan"
The (very) few times a plugin hasn't showed up, doing a clear/rescan as Burillo mentions has fixed it for me, sometime a simple rescan just doesn't seem to cut it.

The only plugins I need to clear cache and rescan are Waves. Occasionnaly another plugin will need this but very rarely. All Ignite amps are found quickly in my VST folder. So it's either not unzipped or in wrong folder IMO.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Actually, I think Izotopes DDLY is the only plug I've encountered that wouldn't show up until I cleared/rescanned.

thank for your replies ,,,,you folks have a great creative weekend

So did any of them work for you ?

Steve

slipstick wrote:So did any of them work for you ?

Steve
yes all did ....thank you Steve :tu: .....I love the amp sims it sound fantastic from here ...amazed by bass amp sound like my late acoustic bass head from 70's .....I need to come on this forum more :tu:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”