Acoustica 7 - Play-back issue

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently upgraded from Acoustica 6 Premium to 7 Premium. Today I loaded a file and zoomed in on a specific section in waveform view mode. I then hit the icon that says "Activates the area selection tool that selects time and frequency domains", selected a section and tried to play it back, but every time I hit play (or the spacebar) the "Audio" icon flashes and nothing plays back. I tried re-starting Acoustica in case I somehow got into a wierd mode by selecting the area selection tool, but that didn't help. Any help will be much appreciated as right now I can't play any audio in Acoustica 7, even if I load a new file and hit Play. Thanks.

Hi!
RealToLogic wrote:I recently upgraded from Acoustica 6 Premium to 7 Premium. Today I loaded a file and zoomed in on a specific section in waveform view mode. I then hit the icon that says "Activates the area selection tool that selects time and frequency domains", selected a section and tried to play it back, but every time I hit play (or the spacebar) the "Audio" icon flashes and nothing plays back. I tried re-starting Acoustica in case I somehow got into a wierd mode by selecting the area selection tool, but that didn't help. Any help will be much appreciated as right now I can't play any audio in Acoustica 7, even if I load a new file and hit Play. Thanks.
It sounds as if the audio device settings were changed somehow. Did you check the audio device settings in the preferences (from the Edit menu)?

Best,
Stian

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked and the settings have not changed (and are the same audio settings as the settings on my Acoustica 6 install, which still work fine). Perhaps I should uninstall and re-install Acoustica 7?

I got it working! The first time I only checked the Input and Output settings, which were fine. But I went back and changed the "Driver Type" from Windows, to Windows Exclusive and now it's working. I have no idea how this could have changed, but thanks for the help!

RealToLogic wrote:I got it working! The first time I only checked the Input and Output settings, which were fine. But I went back and changed the "Driver Type" from Windows, to Windows Exclusive and now it's working. I have no idea how this could have changed, but thanks for the help!
Excellent -- glad to hear that it works again!

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”