Syntronik Instruments... which is the better buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Moog (Minimod) and the Taurus (Bully) have some good basses as well. But the Oberheim (OXa) patch 'Modern Synth Double Bass' really rattles my monitors. Add the Osc #2 detune trick to spice it up and play with the cutoff. :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:The Moog (Minimod) and the Taurus (Bully) have some good basses as well. But the Oberheim (OXa) patch 'Modern Synth Double Bass' really rattles my monitors. Add the Osc #2 detune trick to spice it up and play with the cutoff. :D
One thing I have learned from having an OB-6... is don't stop there!

Kick up the Filter Resonance by tweeking the Drive and Velocity knobs... then you have a smokin' bass that jumps into gear when you mash into the keys. :party:

(thanks for the post on the Modern Synth Double Bass, zzzOOm! Great find..

jdoo wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Ok as I thought, tested here and all Instrument changes are saved in the Multi and patches are not overwritten. So you don't need to save individual Instrument edits. What probably happened is the person that tried your patch didn't have the samples you used installed.
spacekid wrote:Be aware that when you make multis in sampletank, they can get mixed into the same folder as Synthronik
No they don't. :wink:

Anyway here's a test Multi to see if anyone else can load it....you'll need the Full Syntronik with all Instruments installed (just to make sure you've got all the sample content).

Lost Tribe

:)

EDIT: This should be a better test patch. It uses all custom Instrument patches:
Test Layer

Interesting test! I dropped both into a JDoo folder that I created under Syntronik\Sound Libraries\Multis\Syntronik\ (JDoo).

After firing up Syntronik, they both appeared in the main menu on the page with the four layers / velocity settings / etc...

Lost Tribe Tek - Great multi. Has nice movement, sound cinematic.. Nice one!
Test Layer 1 Tek - No joy. Get a dialogue box "Error" -- followed by:
Part 1 loading issues
Instrument not authorized
Part 2 loading issues
Part 3 loading issues
Part 4 loading issues

What was the difference in how you created these? I have the full Syntronik installed, with every library and instrument installed..
I got similar errors ("Part 1 loading issues, Instrument not authorized") after I installed full Syntronik, but then went through and deleted the Syntronik free samples/instruments (to avoid clutter/waste). For now I put them back and all is well, so consider this an issue report/request for workaround. Thanks.

Saukar30 wrote:Syntronik not only has the full version with all 17 synths, but also the ability to purchase those synths with the presets individually. Its great for someone who doesnt have 50+ GB space to spare or for someone who doesnt want all of the sounds that it contains and maybe would just like 1 instrument.
Buyers beware!

This is a short review for all consumers who value their money, please read on, I´m trying to do you a favor:

After having read this subject on this KvR-forum this afternoon, I got curious and downloaded Syntronik Galaxy. Unfortunately, installing, authorizing and playing the VST-synth was an atrocious experience.

I don´t know if I´ll somehow get in trouble if I claim the VST is a total unscrupulous ripoff of unaware consumers, so I won´t claim that. But I´ll note the following:

- Used to Spectrasonics, I was not aware of how amateurish other companies apparently can be. The GUI is so clunky I get flashbacks to the 90:s.
- I´ve owned the Alesis Andromeda for many years, so I know how it is supposed to sound. The Syntronik Galaxy does not come within a million miles. Annoyingly, when switching presets, you have to listen to every preset absolutely drowned in reverb before turning it off. It all sounds horrible.

The only positive I can say about all of this, is that I´m happy I didn´t buy the whole Syntronik VST, only the "Galaxy"-part. I just lost €49.99 excl. VAT, not €199.99 excl. VAT, hurrayyy. Not.

Don´t waste your time and money on this crap.

I love Syntronik but then I don't care what it sounds like I only care how it sounds. :wink:

If you know what you're doing it's possible to create some very impressive sounds that your Galaxy could only dream of creating.

If you don't know what you're doing then you make ranting threads on the internet..... :lol:

All I can say to people is try the free version. Like it ? Buy the full version. Don't like it ? Delete it and move on.....applies not only to Syntronik but with any synth that has a demo......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks for the opinion Hebex.

In my opinion, the Syntronik isnt trying to emulate anything. It's just basics samples of the synths... similar to any synth sample library with difference being the DRIFT stuff & how it comes in IK's version of a plugin (fx, arp, layering, etc). When most people buy something like this they are, like Teksonik says, looking for how it sound,s now how it closely emulates. I'm pretty aware most synth libraries are washed with reverb, but that's the nature of the beast.

I listened to the Galaxy demos in the free version and I like you was really unimpressed, however, some of their samples sound pretty good. Just depends on what you make of them. I also wouldn't call IK amateurish, per se. They cater to a certain crowd of people... mostly who just want good sounds versus people who are deep into synths, controls, etc. Yes, it seems to be amateurish, but some professionals use limited equipment so horses for courses.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Teksonik wrote:I love Syntronik but then I don't care what it sounds like I only care how it sounds. :wink:

If you know what you're doing it's possible to create some very impressive sounds that your Galaxy could only dream of creating.

If you don't know what you're doing then you make ranting threads on the internet..... :lol:

All I can say to people is try the free version. Like it ? Buy the full version. Don't like it ? Delete it and move on.....applies not only to Syntronik but with any synth that has a demo......
You don´t care if it sounds like the Andromeda, but I do. And I don´t like when companies do misleading marketing to fool consumers. Not like it is the first time in history that happens, but since I´m in a position to do an honest comparison with the original, at least I´ll do my part. If my viewpoints are pearls for the swine, then that wouldn´t be the first time in history that happens either.

Same position here but opposite conclusion. Galaxy is Andromeda reincarnated. Probably due to their developer being one and the same.
Last edited by Fleer on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

hebex wrote:
And I don´t like when companies do misleading marketing to fool consumers. Not like it is the first time in history that happens, but since I´m in a position to do an honest comparison with the original, at least I´ll do my part.
Your wild claims of misleading marketing are baseless false arguments. IK has released a free version that you can explore for as long as you wish. If it's not your cup of tea, you are free to delete it, no money wasted.

Lol! :dog:

Fleer wrote:Same position here but opposite conclusion. Galaxy is Andromeda reincarnated. Probably due to their developer being is one and the same.
Exactly!!! :tu:

zzz00m wrote:
hebex wrote:
And I don´t like when companies do misleading marketing to fool consumers. Not like it is the first time in history that happens, but since I´m in a position to do an honest comparison with the original, at least I´ll do my part.
Your wild claims of misleading marketing are baseless false arguments. IK has released a free version that you can explore for as long as you wish. If it's not your cup of tea, you are free to delete it, no money wasted.

Lol! :dog:
Beware of the fanbois...
The demo is not a complete version of the Galaxy. You wouldn´t expect being able to do a fair comparison with just a limited demo, just as you would´t expect a review in a music magazine being made on a limited demo.
Last edited by hebex on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzz00m wrote:
Fleer wrote:Same position here but opposite conclusion. Galaxy is Andromeda reincarnated. Probably due to their developer being is one and the same.
Exactly!!! :tu:
Well, my fears of throwing pearls before swine just came true.

Nevermind, just go back to your wonderful Andromeda-"reincarnate" Galaxy VST. Nothing to see here.

Yeah, sure. Quite predictable. You're the only honest Andromeda owner. Congrats and bye-bye.

Fleer wrote:Yeah, sure. Quite predictable. You're the only honest Andromeda owner. Congrats and bye-bye.
Bye-bye to you too.

As you were. And will be.
:hug:

Return to “Instruments”