Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote:we have planned to update all our older plugins to OpenGL 4k scaleable GUIs sometime in the future... but this will take months and months of work. We dont know yet, when we have the capacities for that.
I am pleased to hear it. :lol:

hvyen wrote:
Wavegem wrote:I sampled Dave Smiths Mopho and Access Virus Ti so far with excellent results!
I am doing both one shot and Loop Sustain using Loop Editor for Mac. I am not sure if its for PC.
Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 3.58.17 PM.png
Hi Wavegem! Many thanks for your tutorial! I also tried Loop Editor for Mac, but as it appears the crossfades for click free loops are not taken over. After importing the loops in Avenger I always hear clicks as if I had not used crossfades, but I have. Do you have the same problem? Which settings do you have? Now I use Wavelab for creating multisamples which works perfectly.
You have to create the loop points so the waveform looks seamless. I tried many techniques, the best which works every time is to find a spot that the waveform repeats. Put the loop points there and slightly move it, with the zero snap feature
Till they both line up exactly. you shouldn't hear pops and Clicks like this

hvyen wrote:Prices for the EXP's:
It can be that the exp's seem to be a bit expensive at first glance, but they are not! Each EXP has about 128 presets in which all macro knobs and buttons are occupied with the most sensible modulations. There are plenty of new drum kits and multisamples. Many presets contain several sounds which in turn could be individual presets and alone the sequences are rather small songs with which you can learn a lot how it is made. If you consider that the creation of an EXP can last 2-3 months, I can understand the price very well.
I have to disagree a bit. At first, Manuel is a professional with years of experience. Designing a preset won't take him that much time (I think optimizing a preset for low cpu usage and workflow could take some small additional time but on the other hand it's his own plugin which was designed for him). And you have to consider that he already has tons of samples he used for Nexus XP, so the amount of time for sampling shrinks a lot. If you think about these things it might be a bit overpriced. Even Nexus XP are cheaper.

The big advantage from Avenger over Nexus is, there will be (cheaper) 3rd party expansions. In theory one could easy rebuild the Vengeance ones in a very very similar way (you already have the blueprint of the presets) and give it away for free of for half the price.
Maybe that's why the XP are more expensive, because they already calculated in the loss through 3rd party designers.

mike_the_ranger thats not true, I am sorry. I am working ~3-6months on an expansion. Sampling, looping, assigning macros, fine adjusting takes time. And I take all the time necessary.
We did not calculate any "loss" through 3rd party designers (???). We are simply the opinion our products are worth the price. Also, I already have explained earlier in this thread -compared to the Nexus XP prices- why we charge a bit more: you get more. You not simply get 128 presets, you always get around 15 drumkits (which are 180 drumsamples), ~50 new OSC shapes, ~25 new Multisamples, new wavetables or sometimes even ARP patterns. All that you can use for expanding Avengers stock for your own preset design.
But in the end its up to you, if the price is too high, just don't buy it. Or wait until there is a %sale, like there currently is for the rest of the month.

I've just bought avenger and while I say this every time I buy a new soft synth, this might really be the last one I need (well, that's what I told my wife at least).

Seriously though, it's a super capable synth, it can do roughly anything, it is also relatively simple to program thanks also to a GUI that makes sense.

I've owned Serum since the beginning and while Avenger seems to be less popular right now, I consider it a sort of Serum++ at about the same price.

One thing I am missing is granular synthesis...then I've read somewhere this is somehow planned for future update, which is great!

Is there any actual estimated release date on this? Any video / demo to see this feature in action?

everasia wrote:Is there any actual estimated release date on this? Any video / demo to see this feature in action?
"very very soon. Its basically done", but that was a month ago. Not much longer I would think, for a video / beta at least.

Would it be possible to do the same things as Rolands JD-Xi with Avenger?
What do you guys think?

I think this synth is really easy and smart intuitive. See the vocoder stuff also. I like it, except it's a hardware synth. I'm more in Softsynths these days ;-)

But I mean, after all the Roland is big competition, the price is slightly more but you get a hardware keyboard and vocoder extra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf-fvBcomZo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6r7o1E7jK4
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

godly wrote:Would it be possible to do the same things as Rolands JD-Xi with Avenger?
What do you guys think?

I think this synth is really easy and smart intuitive. See the vocoder stuff also. I like it, except it's a hardware synth. I'm more in Softsynths these days ;-)

But I mean, after all the Roland is big competition, the price is slightly more but you get a hardware keyboard and vocoder extra.
I think, yes (apart from an analog part and the vocoder) and much more.

godly wrote:Would it be possible to do the same things as Rolands JD-Xi with Avenger?
What do you guys think?
I think adding many features would overload Avenger and would no longer be a comfortable synthesizer to use.

still lovin this thread :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:still lovin this thread :)
I am so compin at the bit waiting for the granular engine. When that comes, it may be my most anticipated event of the year. Avenger is already such a great synth, even if I do make chip tune patches for it. :P

wagtunes wrote:
I am so compin at the bit waiting for the granular engine. When that comes, it may be my most anticipated event of the year. Avenger is already such a great synth, even if I do make chip tune patches for it. :P
Man, after being seriously underwhelmed by your Avenger expansion and seeing other people's feedback I listened your demos for Synthmaster and Serum. Eevery preset I skipped to (must be honest, didn't had the ears to listen the 4+ minutes demos) there sounds like a slightly modified init patch played in a high octave. I wonder if you ever bothered to use enveopes at all. I'm not a pro sound designer but man, you do have big balls asking money for that...

sircuit wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Man, after being seriously underwhelmed by your Avenger expansion and seeing other people's feedback I listened your demos for Synthmaster and Serum. Eevery preset I skipped to (must be honest, didn't had the ears to listen the 4+ minutes demos) there sounds like a slightly modified init patch played in a high octave. I wonder if you ever bothered to use enveopes at all. I'm not a pro sound designer but man, you do have big balls asking money for that...
My Serum library is my best selling one, so your opinion doesn't mean squat to me.

Have a nice day.

wagtunes wrote:My Serum library is my best selling one, so your opinion doesn't mean squat to me.
tbh i can't hear your "xyz is my 1st/2nd/3rd best selling library" in every thread anymore :D nowadays *everything* will find customers, so i don't care if you sold 10 or 20 of it :wink:
i listened to the demos (serum demo 1-3) and they just turned me off. there *may* be good sounds in these sets but i think you don't present them in a good way. your demos often sound pretty basic, random and have no ear-catcher but disharmonics and timing issues.
the avenger one was the only one i could follow. but even there at least the drums (and their volumes) sound random and the sounds don't represet what avenger is capable of...

frizzbee wrote:
wagtunes wrote:My Serum library is my best selling one, so your opinion doesn't mean squat to me.
tbh i can't hear your "xyz is my 1st/2nd/3rd best selling library" in every thread anymore :D nowadays *everything* will find customers, so i don't care if you sold 10 or 20 of it :wink:
i listened to the demos (serum demo 1-3) and they just turned me off. there *may* be good sounds in these sets but i think you don't present them in a good way. your demos often sound pretty basic, random and have no ear-catcher but disharmonics and timing issues.
the avenger one was the only one i could follow. but even there at least the drums (and their volumes) sound random and the sounds don't represet what avenger is capable of...
Again, your opinion. Don't care. How do you like them apples?

Oh, Avenger. 6th best selling library. :P

Return to “Instruments”