Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote:Any opinions on the latest APD (Gospel Musicians Super Synth Special) and VSTBuzz (Aurora Choir) deals?
Well, I'm an avid fan of everything Jamal from Gospel Musicians makes, as he's just so soulful, his instruments ooze funkiness. OTOH, not as much in love with Aria Sounds. Bought their piano but didn't get support when repeatedly asked for. Still, low price for a choir.

From Sam Ash Music email:

Stagelight Core Music Creation Software: Get Your Free Download!
We have teamed up with Open Labs to offer you a free download of their renowned Stagelight Core Music Creation software. From making beats to creating full songs with vocals, Stagelight is easy enough for beginners but powerful enough for professionals. Choose from either Mac or Windows Desktop versions or get the award winning mobile version for Android.

Learn More!

http://spotlight.samash.com/stagelight- ... -download/
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Fleer wrote:
mgw38 wrote:Any opinions on the latest APD (Gospel Musicians Super Synth Special) and VSTBuzz (Aurora Choir) deals?
Well, I'm an avid fan of everything Jamal from Gospel Musicians makes, as he's just so soulful, his instruments ooze funkiness. OTOH, not as much in love with Aria Sounds. Bought their piano but didn't get support when repeatedly asked for. Still, low price for a choir.
Thanks, that reaffirms the impressions I got from watching the online videos. I don't have a choir yet, so it is probably worthwhile looking into both offers.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Gamma-UT wrote:
systmu wrote:Which site is this?
The email I've got says at the Kush and Sly-Fi sites with that discount code.
Oh Cool. Good time to get Clariphonic then? I'm not entirely up to speed on their plugins which are the must have? I've seen clariphonic mentioned a lot but I got maag eq4. I hear clariphonic still does something different and you should get if you have the maag.

There's a discussion over on VI Control on the Aurora Choir - I don't know if I can link it here. From what it sounds like, it is a new product that is probably not worth the 400 euros stated price, but it maybe worth the VSTBuzz price. The Sopranos sound good and the altos are okay. Someone posted samples after buying it

I will probably pass since I picked up Venus choir and another female one in prior sales. (ISW?) Plus, I really don't use choirs much. It is only the women. I need a male choir now, not more women.... LOL!
Last edited by dzilizzi on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

systmu wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:
systmu wrote:Which site is this?
The email I've got says at the Kush and Sly-Fi sites with that discount code.
Oh Cool. Good time to get Clariphonic then? I'm not entirely up to speed on their plugins which are the must have? I've seen clariphonic mentioned a lot but I got maag eq4. I hear clariphonic still does something different and you should get if you have the maag.
Clariphonic is a parallel EQ so it behaves a bit differently to most, but with a similar rationale to the air band of the Maag. A lot depends on whether you want to rely on the curves used by Kush – which are, naturally, well chosen. With a bit of effort, you should be able to achieve similar effects with the TDR Nova (if you don't use the dynamic bits).

Some people swear by the saturation in the Omega and the Slyfi stuff but I'm a bit unconvinced – they are certainly not bad but I didn't find them to be better than what you can get out of Klanghelm.

Pusher is deliberately weird – it can create unexpected saturation effects but it takes a lot of fiddling to get there.

UBK-1 is a fun compressor. Not at all subtle. Makes things squishy or smacky.

The attention to detail in the GM UVI instruments is impressive. A lot depends on whether you want those kinds of workstation/Rompler sounds. What is nice about the approach in BlueBeast (which I had already) and PSP is that it replicates the way of working with four parallel transient/sustain waveforms feeding into amp->filter->fx like those old modules. There is a very strong emphasis on sounds you can play rather than just let the modulation do the work, which comes through in Jamal's videos. And they are easy to edit and tweak.

There's not much like it in Kontakt-land other than the CL Projects 850. Though, obviously, the M1 has the same approach. However, you get more options on sound sources than the M1 emulation. It does make very effective use of the Falcon/UVIWorkstation engine. And, clearly, it's been put together by someone who has a lot of enthusiasm for those kinds of urban/R&B sounds, though the PSP is not restricted to those genres.

True. I'm quite happy with my UVI instruments in fact, as much as I love Kontakt. There's an immediacy about them, as well as their effects, that seems to make them more playable. I had that feeling as well with GospelMusicians Neo-Soul, preferring the UVI version to the Kontakt one.

Fleer wrote:
Yea.. nice instruments, not good support. I tried to upgrade my Neo Soul Keys upgrade when they had the $39.00 sale. Could not get it to work, got no response to my messages. Finally ONE day AFTER the sale I sent another one explaining the issues I was having again, and got this response:
We are sorry you are having issues.

The sale ended yesterday. The only email we received from you was from today. No other emails were sent from you before that date.

We are sorry but the sale has expired.
I asked for someone to follow up with me, and never heard anything again. Lost me as a future customer.

Gamma-UT wrote:
The attention to detail in the GM UVI instruments is impressive. A lot depends on whether you want those kinds of workstation/Rompler sounds. What is nice about the approach in BlueBeast (which I had already) and PSP is that it replicates the way of working with four parallel transient/sustain waveforms feeding into amp->filter->fx like those old modules. There is a very strong emphasis on sounds you can play rather than just let the modulation do the work, which comes through in Jamal's videos. And they are easy to edit and tweak.

There's not much like it in Kontakt-land other than the CL Projects 850. Though, obviously, the M1 has the same approach. However, you get more options on sound sources than the M1 emulation. It does make very effective use of the Falcon/UVIWorkstation engine. And, clearly, it's been put together by someone who has a lot of enthusiasm for those kinds of urban/R&B sounds, though the PSP is not restricted to those genres.
Pure Synth Platinum already contains Pure Sine and Monofonik .

i have no idea why the made that deal separately , that people think that the retail price are that high and now 87 percent reduced ?

Gamma-UT wrote:
Clariphonic is a parallel EQ so it behaves a bit differently to most, but with a similar rationale to the air band of the Maag. A lot depends on whether you want to rely on the curves used by Kush – which are, naturally, well chosen. With a bit of effort, you should be able to achieve similar effects with the TDR Nova (if you don't use the dynamic bits).

Some people swear by the saturation in the Omega and the Slyfi stuff but I'm a bit unconvinced – they are certainly not bad but I didn't find them to be better than what you can get out of Klanghelm.
Ok Cool. when you say Klanghelm are you talking about SDDR? I would love to get a similiar effect with Nova and that's without using the Dynamic eq? I really don't have the cash to get any of the big stuff now. But I might pick up a couple of the preamps if they are 50% off. Even though you are unconvinced what would you consider? Or should I just get SDDR?

DrumAddict wrote:Pure Synth Platinum already contains Pure Sine and Monofonik .

i have no idea why the made that deal separately , that people think that the retail price are that high and now 87 percent reduced ?
There is that. But I'm not making the evaluation on it being some fixed discount from a higher number I wasn't going to pay in the first place (although had it been NeoSoul Keys with PSP, that would clearly push up the overall value of the deal).

Similarly, the Aurora Choir at VSTBuzz has never really been on sale for $400 and probably never will. It's up to people to work out whether the price is at a good level for them. The way things are at the moment, there will probably be another deal along real soon. What is it? 120 shopping days to Black Friday?
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

systmu wrote:Ok Cool. when you say Klanghelm are you talking about SDDR? I would love to get a similiar effect with Nova and that's without using the Dynamic eq? I really don't have the cash to get any of the big stuff now. But I might pick up a couple of the preamps if they are 50% off. Even though you are unconvinced what would you consider? Or should I just get SDDR?
I haven't attempted to match them but Nova used as a parametric EQ should get close in principle - the big difference will be how the curve sits from 10kHz up to the notional 32kHz if you use a shelf in Nova. You've always got the option of routing a regular EQ in parallel - just as long as the EQ doesn't introduce a phase problem if the latency is a bit off.

The basic version of Nova is free, so it makes sense to get some experience with that first if money is tight and you don't need the convenience. Nulling EQs is a useful learning experience - you tend to find quite quickly that people think parametric EQs are not good simply because they overcook the boosts or cuts.

I really don't have a worthwhile opinion on the Omegas. Some people swear by one or two of them. I've just gravitated to things that provide more precise control over harmonics, say, and away from soundgooderisers.

so you're talking about SDDR right though? I am not an expert with this stuff but it would be amazing to get a clariphonic sound out of just a parametric eq. I'd have to get both and mess with them. With that said I listened to the the 458A demo and it sounds great. Sound goodriser or not. It's sounds great and that's all I care about. I want it but it says it's out of stock on the kush website. A plugin out of stock??? WOW. Uncle E can you take the coupon for that? Thanks

systmu wrote:so you're talking about SDDR right though? I am not an expert with this stuff but it would be amazing to get a clariphonic sound out of just a parametric eq. I'd have to get both and mess with them. With that said I listened to the the 458A demo and it sounds great. Sound goodriser or not. It's sounds great and that's all I care about. I want it but it says it's out of stock on the kush website. A plugin out of stock??? WOW. Uncle E can you take the coupon for that? Thanks
Sorry, the 50% sale is lower than our dealer cost.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”