Looking for Alternative to Cubase 6.5

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You can't use 32bit plugs in C9.

LeVzi wrote:And I just realised when trying to use the Cubase 9 demo, that about 50% of plugins arent listed.

LOL Steinberg have gone to shit really , their older versions pickup and run plugins , but the new versions dont. Surely updated versions should work better.

How truly pathetic of them.

6.5 is where my journey with Steinberg ends, ive said it before, unfortunately it's true.

Thanks for the suggestions.
you are pointing your finger the wrong direction
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

.maki wrote:It depends what you do i think. For example i just mangle with synths and a few samples maybe, so i switched from Cubase 6.5 over to Bitwig and am totally happy now.
I'm with .maki here, I too found Bitwig to be best thing from Logic 9, not because it got all the features and everything, but because it feels more to the point for my actual needs, some stuff are so on point and there it's just joy doing them, like automatons for example, so yeah, give it a whirl, who knows. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Cubase has poor workfkow even compared to protools. I dont know why you dont give ableton a try. Its not an alternative to cubase but thats a good thing.

Well Cubase 9 is superior in every way to 6.5 plus visualy its very similar just smoother looking so im not sure if there is any reason not to use the lastest version.

Cubase 6.5 is f**king awesome.
I couldn't ask for any other DAW, or functionality.
I'd just want it to be more stable with 3rd party plugins.
The workflow for me is great.
not as fast to get an idea as Live, but it's not like it's a show stopper.

You don't have to marry Steinberg, it's just a workstation they made back in 2013.
If you want to upgrade to Sierra, then get C9, but you still don't have to love the company to use it.
I think get just over yourself and make some music.

bustedfist wrote:You can't use 32bit plugs in C9.
I use very little 32 bit plugs, and they are jbridged.

The ones missing are mainly 64 bit
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

SJ_Digriz wrote:
LeVzi wrote:And I just realised when trying to use the Cubase 9 demo, that about 50% of plugins arent listed.

LOL Steinberg have gone to shit really , their older versions pickup and run plugins , but the new versions dont. Surely updated versions should work better.

How truly pathetic of them.

6.5 is where my journey with Steinberg ends, ive said it before, unfortunately it's true.

Thanks for the suggestions.
you are pointing your finger the wrong direction

Who should I be blaming ?

Elektronisch wrote:Well Cubase 9 is superior in every way to 6.5 plus visualy its very similar just smoother looking so im not sure if there is any reason not to use the lastest version.
It is superior in newer items, but in workflow and looks, it is vastly inferior.

What do you mean? YOUR plugins, or the DAW included plugins? Also, you are aware that you have to run the plugin manager, and set up a custom plugin list, right? Also, there could be plugins which are blacklisted, because Steinberg changed the plugin check. You can check the blacklisted plugins in the plugin manager in Cubase 9.

LeVzi wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Well Cubase 9 is superior in every way to 6.5 plus visualy its very similar just smoother looking so im not sure if there is any reason not to use the lastest version.
It is superior in newer items, but in workflow and looks, it is vastly inferior.
And you realized that by demoing it briefly? Hm, not bad. :P Frankly though, i think you're a bit prejudiced. Give it some real demo time, and judge again then. AFAIC, Cubase really gets better and better with every version. It needs some more clicks than Studio One does, yes, but, there's some really annoying stuff in Studio One too.

chk071 wrote:
LeVzi wrote:
And you realized that by demoing it briefly? Hm, not bad. :P Frankly though, i think you're a bit prejudiced. Give it some real demo time, and judge again then. AFAIC, Cubase really gets better and better with every version. It needs some more clicks than Studio One does, yes, but, there's some really annoying stuff in Studio One too.
I'm curious what workflow is being referred to. The general workflow in C4 is still in play. The only thing that has changed is the damned key command passthru problem with the mixconsole. Now that is a workflow killer.

chk071 wrote:
What do you mean? YOUR plugins, or the DAW included plugins? Also, you are aware that you have to run the plugin manager, and set up a custom plugin list, right? Also, there could be plugins which are blacklisted, because Steinberg changed the plugin check. You can check the blacklisted plugins in the plugin manager in Cubase 9.
The plugins I own, or freebies ive downloaded, they all show up in 6.5 but around 50% are missing in C9, and yes I am aware of how to setup the plugin manager. They are all blacklisted.

LeVzi wrote: The plugins I own, or freebies ive downloaded, they all show up in 6.5 but around 50% are missing in C9, and yes I am aware of how to setup the plugin manager. They are all blacklisted.
Blacklisted and not listed are different things. Now go update those plugins to the latest versions and rescan.

chk071 wrote:
LeVzi wrote:
I can see you are the prejudiced one here, because you like it and refuse to accept that others don't think as you do. I do not like the look or feel or indeed the way it works in C9, I tried to make it look like 6.5 but that's neigh on impossible, if they did custom colour schemes , like windows has where you can make it look like past versions but no, that was not an option.

The way the mix console works is better , granted, and the included stuff is better, but the look and way it works isn't. I will give it mor time, and I will use up all the time on the demo, but I cannot see me ever wanting to upgrade.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”