Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
 
4538 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

http://www.virustotal.com

sophos scan engine detects a heuristic presence in the 32bit version
check it yourself.

steering clear till all engines scan clean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
User avatar
Frostline
KVRist
 
156 posts since 12 Aug, 2016

Postby Frostline; Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:18 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Using in Reaper 5.4 x64 Win 10 x64.
Used the provided manual instal option.

Upon inserting new instance of PolyGAS I get the following error.
Image

After clicking ok PolyGAS GUI appears.

It starts on empty setting, which is fine, but when trying to add a wav by clicking the little folder icon nothing happens.

However if a preset is selected (the named presets all seem to work fine) then pressing the wav folder icon has a browse window open which allows me to browse my pc and import a wav.
Note, it would be nice if PolyGAS remembered the location of previous wav import in current session. As currently I have to re-navigate to my wav storage location every time I want to try a different wav file.

The PolyGAS sounds quite good. It is a great deal of fun to experiment with. I spent several hours with it last night and had 4 instances going with hardly any CPU use.
The 5th instance crashed Reaper. It could be the wav I tried to import was too long (it was late and I was tired). Until that point I was really enjoying using PolyGAS so will probably experiment more today with it.
Win10 x64, Reaper 5.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25838 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:23 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

layzer wrote:sophos scan engine detects a heuristic presence in the 32bit version
check it yourself.

No red flags on my system :shrug:

I am using the 64 bit version
User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
 
4538 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:43 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Numanoid wrote:
layzer wrote:sophos scan engine detects a heuristic presence in the 32bit version
check it yourself.

No red flags on my system :shrug:

I am using the 64 bit version

yeah, 64bit appears to be clean....
likely a false positive on 32bit, still leary..... :scared:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
21116 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:03 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Cool synth. Working fine here (win 64bit) in Live.
AlesisVi61
KVRist
 
376 posts since 16 Sep, 2014

Postby AlesisVi61; Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:54 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

I was notified via VST Planet's Youtube channel of this synth.I liked the video presentation,but was more impressed with PolyGlas when I opened it in my Presonus S1v3(which by the way,is the only DAW that I have PolyGlass working in.....as it were.)
However...well...initially,PolyGlas worked fine in Studio One...but when I added a second instrument track with PolyGlas,all f**king hell broke loose!
Notes began dropping out and then I lost all audio,so I closed my session of S1.I restarted my computer and when I re-launched Studio One,I got a terrible noise in my right channel,lost all audio,midi functionality and now the GUI is missing

....really?WTF!?
As for my Mixcraft DAW,all I get is an error message and I can't use PolyGlas-period. :x PloyGlas does not even appear in my Reason 9 DAW. :roll:
This is really frustrating and even heartbreaking,because I love PolyGlas's GUI and sounds...really inspiring & hands down,one of the best freeware synths I've ever had.
I've never experienced anything this unstable,since Mixcraft's earlier days and it wasn't until Mixcraft version 7,that Acoustica finally had all the bugs worked out(only took about 10 years!)Please tell me I don't have to wait that long,since PolyGlas is now on version 2 and it's STILL a train-wreck.
If making a donation to this project will help,then I am all for it(though I am really strapped for cash this month)...but I am willing to bust out a credit card to make a donation,if this will help.Maybe I should start a GoFundMe account?
I really love this synth,so I am waiting on a bed of nails...hoping that all of these bugs are sorted out in a reasonable time frame.. :scared:

Image

Image
AlesisVi61
KVRist
 
376 posts since 16 Sep, 2014

Postby AlesisVi61; Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:04 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Well...I decided to troubleshoot this problem by opening up a new instance of Studio One and this time around,I created only one PolyGlas track at a time,then create a 4 bar measure...followed by bouncing said measure to audio and then delete the instrument track.
I repeated this process until I had 3 tracks and no problems.It's only when I create multiple instrument tracks,that I encounter havoc and it only requires 2 instrument tracks,for everything to go critical.
It's a bit tedious to work this way,but at least I can lay down my ideas safely,without having to worry about losing my work,once I close out my DAW.
I am using Windows 10,with 16GB of RAM & a dual core processor and of course,I am using the 64 bit version of PolyGlas....but this synth is behaving as if it's some massive & monstrous CPU killer? :o :scared:
User avatar
vasyan
KVRist
 
123 posts since 16 Feb, 2013, from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, RU

Postby vasyan; Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:23 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

AlesisVi61 wrote:I was notified via VST Planet's Youtube channel of this synth.I liked the video presentation,but was more impressed with PolyGlas when I opened it in my Presonus S1v3(which by the way,is the only DAW that I have PolyGlass working in.....as it were.)
However...well...initially,PolyGlas worked fine in Studio One...but when I added a second instrument track with PolyGlas,all f**king hell broke loose!
Notes began dropping out and then I lost all audio,so I closed my session of S1.I restarted my computer and when I re-launched Studio One,I got a terrible noise in my right channel,lost all audio,midi functionality and now the GUI is missing

No who is insured from errors. In the license agreement it is written: This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
I will try to work your situation for myself on the computer. Perhaps there will also be an error.
Thanks.
User avatar
vasyan
KVRist
 
123 posts since 16 Feb, 2013, from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, RU

Postby vasyan; Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:41 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

AlesisVi61 wrote:I am using Windows 10,with 16GB of RAM & a dual core processor and of course,I am using the 64 bit version of PolyGlas....but this synth is behaving as if it's some massive & monstrous CPU killer? :o :scared:

The algorithm is not ideal therefore loads of the processor are connected to a big flow of computation where the set of parameters for each granule which follow in turn with a high speed are calculated, in addition envelopes, filtering, etc. are also calculated. If you use polyphony, respectively increase load of the processor.
Unfortunately so far optimization of these algorim is given in hardly.

As the project not commercial, respectively is not available the budget for continuation of development. Donation of this project did not receive any cent yet. :(
User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
 
4538 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:36 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

vasyan wrote:
AlesisVi61 wrote:I am using Windows 10,with 16GB of RAM & a dual core processor and of course,I am using the 64 bit version of PolyGlas....but this synth is behaving as if it's some massive & monstrous CPU killer? :o :scared:

The algorithm is not ideal therefore loads of the processor are connected to a big flow of computation where the set of parameters for each granule which follow in turn with a high speed are calculated, in addition envelopes, filtering, etc. are also calculated. If you use polyphony, respectively increase load of the processor.
Unfortunately so far optimization of these algorim is given in hardly.

As the project not commercial, respectively is not available the budget for continuation of development. Donation of this project did not receive any cent yet. :(


theres always synth1 for free low cpu synth :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
User avatar
vasyan
KVRist
 
123 posts since 16 Feb, 2013, from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, RU

Postby vasyan; Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:10 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

AlesisVi61 wrote:I was notified via VST Planet's Youtube channel of this synth.I liked the video presentation,but was more impressed with PolyGlas when I opened it in my Presonus S1v3(which by the way,is the only DAW that I have PolyGlass working in.....as it were.)
However...well...initially,PolyGlas worked fine in Studio One...but when I added a second instrument track with PolyGlas,all f**king hell broke loose!
Notes began dropping out and then I lost all audio,so I closed my session of S1.I restarted my computer and when I re-launched Studio One,I got a terrible noise in my right channel,lost all audio,midi functionality and now the GUI is missing


Unfortunately the behavior of a plug-in described by you in Studio One on my computer were not confirmed.
Both tracks containing PolyGAS plug-in with different presets are played excellently that confirms a screenshot:

Image
Studio One 3, Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

The dialog box with an error of loading of bank says that you not truly installed a plug-in.
AlesisVi61
KVRist
 
376 posts since 16 Sep, 2014

Postby AlesisVi61; Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:51 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

vasyan wrote:No who is insured from errors. In the license agreement it is written: This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
I will try to work your situation for myself on the computer. Perhaps there will also be an error.
Thanks.


I understand this and I am not suggesting and/or implying that I have incurred any "damages." Forgive me if my initial post seemed too brash,as I was ventilating my emotions over the overwhelming amount of issues I was having with your synth.
Of course,it's not surprising to me that freeware would have some bugs...but there are plenty of non-commercial freeware and paid software that don't have these problems...such as GYL Synths(all of his synths are freeware) and then there is paid softsynths like TubeOhm.

Thank you for responding and I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve my situation.
AlesisVi61
KVRist
 
376 posts since 16 Sep, 2014

Postby AlesisVi61; Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:05 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

vasyan wrote:The algorithm is not ideal therefore loads of the processor are connected to a big flow of computation where the set of parameters for each granule which follow in turn with a high speed are calculated, in addition envelopes, filtering, etc. are also calculated. If you use polyphony, respectively increase load of the processor.
Unfortunately so far optimization of these algorim is given in hardly.

As the project not commercial, respectively is not available the budget for continuation of development. Donation of this project did not receive any cent yet. :(


I sincerely hope you will consider going commercial(like for example,if you were to collaborate with Presonus and make PolyGlas a Presonus VST for there next update,that would be killer!) :D

You obviously are a talented & brilliant guy,so if I were you,I wouldn't shit-can your PolyGlas project....I mean,do whatever you can to acquire the necessary funds,to get the ball rolling on this synth,because it's far too great a synth,to just scrap!
PolyGlas is a synth I would gladly pay for,if it worked properly and if you could keep the cost down below $100,that would be great.
I would also like to see bigger and better versions of PolyGlas,as well as some other forms of synthesis from you...but at the moment,PolyGlas would be a remarkable synth,if it just functioned well.
I think that every KVR member that likes PolyGlas,should donate at least $10 and maybe...just maybe...the pot will get fat enough to fund your further development of PolyGlas.
I will gladly make a donation to you next month,when I have more money.
AlesisVi61
KVRist
 
376 posts since 16 Sep, 2014

Postby AlesisVi61; Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:10 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

vasyan wrote:
Unfortunately the behavior of a plug-in described by you in Studio One on my computer were not confirmed.
Both tracks containing PolyGAS plug-in with different presets are played excellently that confirms a screenshot:

The dialog box with an error of loading of bank says that you not truly installed a plug-in.


I'm aware that not everyone has my problems,but I cannot fathom what else to do,to accommodate PolyGlas,so that it functions better?

You suggest that I do not have PolyGlas installed properly?I am only following what your manual said to do.
User avatar
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian
 
935 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:52 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Everything works fine here until I try to load a sample. Throws up an error every time, no matter what file I try to load. That's a shame, as I like engine, but would want to load my own noises into it.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments