Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
antithesist
KVRian

1398 posts since 8 Feb, 2012

Postby antithesist; Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:58 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:It appears that the PA mystery plugin is by_control V2 for $19.

Slightly disappointing because I already have that one. However, it brings the costs of bx_console E down to $158.40 so I might actually get me a second copy.

Get nine... seriously, I did (already had it, too... so, now I have 10!).

It brought the total including E down to $65 after my $75 voucher... plus, I get a free upgrade from my original bx_console to N when it comes out.

When it's all said and done, I'll have $119 total in E and N... of course, even cheaper than that would be better, but I'm OK with it.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories
mgw38
KVRist

344 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

antithesist wrote:

Slightly disappointing because I already have that one. However, it brings the costs of bx_console E down to $158.40 so I might actually get me a second copy.

It brought the total including E down to $65 after my $75 voucher... plus, I get a free upgrade from my original bx_console to N when it comes out.

When it's all said and done, I'll have $119 total in E and N... of course, even cheaper than that would be better, but I'm OK with it.

Thanks for the reminder! Did not realize that this trick still works. Did exactly the same. Ended up being $65. Not bad at all.
masterhiggins
KVRAF

1597 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from People's Republic of Minnesota

Postby masterhiggins; Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:
antithesist wrote:

Thanks for the reminder! Did not realize that this trick still works. Did exactly the same. Ended up being $65. Not bad at all.

Out of curiosity, what's this upgrade that everyone is mentioning? I didn't see anything on the plugin alliance site about it. Is that an unofficial perk?
mgw38
KVRist

Postby mgw38; Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:12 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

masterhiggins wrote:
mgw38 wrote:
antithesist wrote:

Out of curiosity, what's this upgrade that everyone is mentioning? I didn't see anything on the plugin alliance site about it. Is that an unofficial perk?

They sent out an email to all bx_console owners stating that:

"As an original bx_console owner, we’re giving you a special offer. If you buy bx_console E during the month of August, you’ll get an upgrade to the new bx_console version N for free when it comes out. If you’re not interested in participating in this offer, you will be able to upgrade from bx_console to bx_console N for $29."
antithesist
KVRian

Postby antithesist; Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:20 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:
antithesist wrote:

No problem... this was my first time even though I was aware of it.

Urging here and in the effects forum helped me over the edge, too.

I read they stopped it at some point, and now it's back for whatever reason... though Dirk said he'd probably turn it back off in the future.

Sales, discounted upgrades, multi-discount and vouchers did well enough for me without ever going redundant... plus, I just assumed it would clutter my account with a line for each instance.

Turns out it just ups your auth count (or whatever they call it).

So, yeah... all good!

An additional $39 off works for me and helps offset the complaints that bx_console people should have been getting an even better deal... it seemed fair enough to me, but I did just go through a messier upgrade deal with UA that made me sympathetic.
mgw38
KVRist

Postby mgw38; Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:24 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Are there any Hornet Plugins survey codes out there?
Fleer
KVRAF

2940 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:33 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Isn't Hornet at 60% off now?
mgw38
KVRist

Postby mgw38; Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:48 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Fleer wrote:Isn't Hornet at 60% off now?

They tend to combine. Thinking of going bundle.
Fleer
KVRAF

Postby Fleer; Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:59 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Interesting!
Now I also need that survey coupon code ;)
incubus
KVRAF

5589 posts since 6 May, 2015

Postby incubus; Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:03 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I love PA! A quick test of "opto" was all I needed to waste my money ... sorry, voucher on it :hihi:

We'll see what's cooking next month :)
antithesist
KVRian

Postby antithesist; Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:07 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

incubus wrote:I love PA! A quick test of "opto" was all I needed to waste my money ... sorry, voucher on it :hihi:

We'll see what's cooking next month :)

Knew you'd come around... I was going to say even if you don't need or want the E, you should grab something.

I've yet to not use a PA monthly voucher, though I have let a couple of the survey ones expire because of the minimum price they could be used on.

Got plug-ins for free or a few dollars, paid for upgrades I wouldn't done otherwise, etc.

What's not to like?
c_voltage
KVRian

905 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Just for clarify about PA bx_opto - there is no way to upgrade from bx_opto Pedal ? )
e@rs
KVRAF

2951 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:18 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

^I think it was only possible for a limited amount of time, when they released it. No upgrade option in my account...

Now, should I pay $14+VAT for it? :?
Fleer
KVRAF

Postby Fleer; Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

You should :tu:
c_voltage
KVRian

905 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:55 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

e@rs wrote:^I think it was only possible for a limited amount of time, when they released it. No upgrade option in my account...

Tnx for info.
Well, about grab this, i tried demo now, not a fan of comressors (incl. famous model emulations) at all, but it seemed to me interesting sounding "solo" mode, as some fx.
But, about sidechain section - so, as i understood here it's not for traditional sidechain routing in daw ? Since i do not see sidechain channel\button in Studio One in Opto, even in vst3 version.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)