FXpansion Cypher2 - Coming in 2018

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad)

acYm wrote:it's likely that the roli acquisition has thrown a spanner in the gears of their previous schedule
This is exactly the reason why I get chills every time I hear about acquisitions.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

christian f. wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
right :lol:
Right what funny man ?
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Murderous duck!

christian f. wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
Right what funny man ?
You mean a beta has been released? When?

exmatproton wrote: You mean a beta has been released? When?
It's not a public beta and it's been out since last year.

christian f. wrote:
I can attest. Been using it for over a year. It's crazy good.

exmatproton wrote:
christian f. wrote:My labelmate is beta testing cypher 2.
It sounds very very good. Crazy modulation and sound range from bread and butter to modular madness.

There's nothing like it and I think people will be very happy with it !
I haven't used it and I already agree, purely due to the presence of Transmod. Transmod is more flexible than anything else when it comes to modulation. Bolt it on to any product and it immediately becomes the only product in its class. There are a whole host of tricks that consistently work across the entire DCAM range thanks to Transmod. I'm particularly fond of 'spreading' the oscillator sync value in Strobe for comically huge unison sounds. Even without Transmod, I'm not aware of any other synth emulating analogue FM. Well, I suppose there's Cypher 1. :hihi:

Would be nice to get a progress report on this. I rarely use Cypher due to a bug which tends to break patches when you switch oversampling rate, so it'd be nice to have a reason to go back and explore it more fully (not that I haven't got my money's worth just from Strobe (2) and Amber). It does open an interesting question with version 1 patch compatibility though. Which oversampling rate is the 'correct' one when it comes to porting version 1 patches across?

masterhiggins wrote: I can attest. Been using it for over a year. It's crazy good.
A year passed and it's still internal beta. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Murderous duck!

christian f. wrote:
I apologize. :oops:

Then, i hope they are able to release it, sooner or later.

cron wrote: I haven't used it and I already agree, purely due to the presence of Transmod. Transmod is more flexible than anything else when it comes to modulation.
This !

It makes modulars almost feel too primitive ... patching ins and outs to whatever was made available to modulate.

I Love this in Strobe 2 , Geist 2 and Tremor already, but Cypher 2 takes it a few notches higher.

david.beholder wrote:
masterhiggins wrote: I can attest. Been using it for over a year. It's crazy good.
So?

chk071 wrote:
david.beholder wrote:
So?
I means no progress.
Murderous duck!

This was Cypher 2 more than a year ago.

https://soundcloud.com/leap-into-the-void/gentle
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

david.beholder wrote:
chk071 wrote:
david.beholder wrote:
So?
I means no progress.

not true at all.
I am one of the lucky few.
It may not be progressing as quickly as we all want, but I can testify there has been a lot of progress....the beta this week is miles ahead of the beta we had even two months ago..

I surely wouldn't say it will be the greatest synth ever :-) (that belongs elsewhere :-) ), but certainly if you liked cypher, you will love cypher 2.....it is indeed really great sounding and the modulations are indeed crazy..
my 2 cents..
Angus I hope I haven't said too much :)

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: not true at all.
I am one of the lucky few.
It may not be progressing as quickly as we all want, but I can testify there has been a lot of progress....the beta this week is miles ahead of the beta we had even two months ago..
Lovely bullshit. :hihi: Sorry no desire to argue about it.

Just to remind you about level of progress: original post is by Angus_FX; Mon Dec 14, 2015 and today is Wed Aug 16, 2017 therefore original post with sample is 20 months old.

20 months is more than one full dev cycle for some vst companies.

Keep on fooling, I gonna keep on laughing.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
chk071 wrote:
david.beholder wrote:
So?
I means no progress.
You seem to have no idea about software development. Maybe they should've just named it "Alpha" so beholder can't rant on the net. :P

Return to “Instruments”