FXpansion Cypher2 - Coming in 2018

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad)

chk071 wrote: You seem to have no idea about software development. Maybe they should've just named it "Alpha" so beholder can't rant on the net. :P
Yes, I'm living in bay area, working in software dev - therefore have no idea. Right :cry:
Last edited by david.beholder on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

Then i wonder why you wonder about a year of internal beta. You rather develop buggy software? You should also know that "beta" doesn't say or mean shit. But i guess you just wanted to rant anyway.

chk071 wrote:Then i wonder why you wonder about a year of internal beta. You rather develop buggy software? You should also know that "beta" doesn't say or mean shit. But i guess you just wanted to rant anyway.
You have no Idea what you're talking about. Go and read wiki first: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_ ... nt_process Then go and reread my commentaries (last two about dev time/cycle) and if doesn't make sense still keep on reading 1 and 2 until it does.
Murderous duck!

The Wikipedia knowledged type. Who would have thought. :P A beta still doesn't say shit, jackass.

I know I should stay out of this but...

My last job back in 1996-2001, I was a QA tester for a medical software company. Dezine Healthcare. Prior to that, I was a programmer. They didn't need a programmer for this company but because of my programming background they offered me the job in QA. It was a step down but I needed the money.

The software was archaic. It was DOS based. They were, in the meantime, developing a Windows based system.

That Windows based system was in beta for 5 years. It never got out of beta. It never saw the light of day. And that was with a team of programmers working on it.

Eventually, the company got bought out by another company, Mestamed.

Between the time that I got hired and Mestamed buying the company, I was promoted to programmer when several of our programmers quit seeing the sinking ship. I was then elected to train Mestamed to program our software before I was let go because I was, at that time, no longer needed. Yeah, I know. I should have said FU and walked out. But it bought me an extra year and I needed the money.

Mestamed NEVER got the hang of our software because it was too foreign to them, being DOS based.

Eventually, it all closed down.

Beta means nothing. Nothing means anything until the software is actually out the door and being sold for money. And even then, sometimes software is out the door and sold for money and is still total crap. The current release of No Man's Sky, a game out for over a year, is a total train wreck.

Flexion (closer to home) has been in development for like 3 years now. They tell me, in the last email I got, that in October I will finally be put on the testing team.

I'll believe it when I see it.

There's a lot of incompetence out there. Personally, I'm more surprised when software works than when it doesn't work.

chk071 wrote:The Wikipedia knowledged type. Who would have thought. :P A beta still doesn't say shit, jackass.
Personal attacks are no-no especially when you have neither clue nor experience in a field and your opinion is wrong at once.

As homework please google when strobe 2:
* Final UI screenshots were published
* First audio samples were published
* Internal beta was relesed
* Product was released

compare it to Cypher 2 and see more than year delay.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
chk071 wrote:The Wikipedia knowledged type. Who would have thought. :P A beta still doesn't say shit, jackass.
Personal attacks are no-no especially when you have neither clue nor experience in a field and your opinion is wrong at once.

As homework please google when strobe 2:
* Final UI screenshots were published
* First audio samples were published
* Internal beta was relesed
* Product was released

compare it to Cypher 2 and see more than year delay.
And now you just have to state why you think that it has to be exactly the same cycle for Cypher 2. You know, there could be certain factors which delayed development. As you obviously well know, but just ignore, because you can't wait for present handout.

chk071 wrote: And now you just have to state why you think that it has to be exactly the same cycle for Cypher 2.
Dude are you stupid?
Cypher 2 was in internal beta phase faster than Strobe 2. Because they've solved all engineering problems (Vector UI, New Framework) during Strobe 2 development. Synth was on finish line to release over a year ago.
chk071 wrote:You know, there could be certain factors which delayed development.
Dude are you stupid?
Development has stopped after Roli has acquired FXPansion.
chk071 wrote:As you obviously well know, but just ignore, because you can't wait for present handout.
Gonna ignore.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
chk071 wrote: And now you just have to state why you think that it has to be exactly the same cycle for Cypher 2.
Dude are you stupid?
Cypher 2 was in internal beta phase faster than Strobe 2. Because they've solved all engineering problems (Vector UI, New Framework) during Strobe 2 development. Synth was on finish line to release over a year ago.
chk071 wrote:You know, there could be certain factors which delayed development.
Dude are you stupid?
chk071 wrote:As you obviously well know, but just ignore, because you can't wait for present handout.
Gonna ignore.
So am I understanding this correctly? There's not going to be a Cypher 2 because of the acquisition?

wagtunes wrote: So am I understanding this correctly? There's not going to be a Cypher 2 because of the acquisition?
Unfortunately, that's how it looks like.

Roli has acquired FXP by 1 Sep 2016 (11 months ago) and since then the only news is: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... n-strobe2/

I don't much care about Strobe 2 or Cypher 2 but I hoped that Amber 2 would be great if FXP gonna implement at least half of promised (you could find itt).

Look at FXP forums on their site - they are as dead as this thread.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
wagtunes wrote: So am I understanding this correctly? There's not going to be a Cypher 2 because of the acquisition?

Roli has acquired FXP by 1 Sep 2016 (11 months ago) and since then the only news is: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... n-strobe2/

I don't much care about Strobe 2 or Cypher 2 but I hoped that Amber 2 would be great if FXP gonna implement at least half of promised (you could find itt).

You're badly misinformed and obviously not in the loop of most recent updates.
That's fine, but you're spreading false news. It will be fun to read your comments again after the release though :)

christian f. wrote:
david.beholder wrote:

You're badly misinformed and obviously not in the loop of most recent updates.
That's fine, but you're spreading false news. It will be fun to read your comments again after the release though :)
Okay, so just when is Cypher 2 to be released? Is there an official thread somewhere that gives any news at all?

christian f. wrote: You're badly misinformed and obviously not in the loop of most recent updates.
That's fine, but you're spreading false news.
I'm not spreading any news.
Synth was almost finished year more than a year ago - that's fact. Where is it?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: I'm not spreading any news.
Synth was almost finished year more than a year ago - that's fact. Where is it?

That's only your assumption and clearly not a fact !

wagtunes wrote:
david.beholder wrote:
Dude are you stupid?
Dude are you stupid?
Gonna ignore.
So am I understanding this correctly? There's not going to be a Cypher 2 because of the acquisition?
Don't worry Wag, it's being worked on. Several iterations occurred after Roli's acquisition.
The guy above is obviously not privy to internal information.

Return to “Instruments”