Zappa - what a tight music arranger

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, that... FZ made some really gritty records trying to break into the biz before the MOI came about. This is like that, and shows how steeped he was in that kind of thing.

Don Harris on fiddle, interesting character. IIRC he lived a long time.

Longer than Frank and Lowell George, who played rhythm guitar on Weasels, but still only 61 when he passed away in 1999.

That was the first of Frank's works I recall hearing on FM radio. After all the talk about his being out there and weird, as a kid I remember thinking that it was not that at all. Imagine what it was like finally checking out the rest of that incredible album. :hihi:

Oh, the joys of being young, mostly ignorant but having so much wonderful stuff to discover... :D

Ok, so I do not recall correctly. Not too surprisingly.

Only thing I heard on FM radio back then was My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama. By the time I heard that I had a copy of Mothermania. I'd never heard of Frank Zappa at that time. Summer 1970.

Very little Zappa available on radio, like ever. I remember hearing Watermelon in Easter Hay on Hearts of Space and the guy had to dodge the Central Scrutinizer intro because of '...and ultimately who gives a f**k'.

It's funny because he self-censored a number of things hoping to get airplay which never_happened.

gorgeous version of that

Unfortunately this video is not available in our country.

I think most of us already have the music, instead of just posting a link to a youtube song, it would be more interesting to know why the poster think that track is of special interest, when it comes to the OP.

Numanoid wrote:I think most of us already have the music, instead of just posting a link to a youtube song, it would be more interesting to know why the poster think that track is of special interest, when it comes to the OP.
I have to admit the Lost Episodes is not familiar to me. The Grand Wazoo was one of those rocords which was very popular in my high school years among the "arty farties" (I among those).
Obviously I can find the above somewhere else, but in these hectic days, if you don´t do it immediately, it may be lost forever - in this case click the Youtube. No more drama or interest than that. :party:

My personal favourite is Uncle Remus, admittedly it's one of his less manic arrangements but it has such a great sound to it, the whole of the Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation albums we're part of the soundtrack of my youth

iosys wrote:My personal favourite is Uncle Remus, admittedly it's one of his less manic arrangements but it has such a great sound to it, the whole of the Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation albums we're part of the soundtrack of my youth
These all my favorites, too, in addition to the Hot Rats and Roxy by Proxy live album. :hyper:

P.s. Just listened the Lost Episodes, didn't like too much.

It is very difficult to pick one favourite out of all that production, maybe the Helsinki towel incident or whipping post? :D

you try to bring pussy in here, we spray you with mace, right in the face :hihi:

Harry_HH wrote:
iosys wrote:My personal favourite is Uncle Remus, admittedly it's one of his less manic arrangements but it has such a great sound to it, the whole of the Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation albums we're part of the soundtrack of my youth
These all my favorites, too, in addition to the Hot Rats and Roxy by Proxy live album. :hyper:

P.s. Just listened the Lost Episodes, didn't like too much.
Hot Rats is also up there for me, if I could be a fraction of the musician Zappa was I'll die happy :D

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”