VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyGAS

starflakeprj wrote:
planetearth wrote:
vasyan wrote:
planetearth wrote: I'm not trying to convince anyone; I'm just saying that deleting the 32-bit DLL doesn't affect the synth at all.
In archive two DLL are available PolyGAS_v2.0.rar intended for installation manually:
  1. PolyGAS32.dll - 32 bit DLL
  2. PolyGAS64.dll - 64 bit DLL
Use necessary to DLL in dependence with your requests (digit capacity of OS, DAW)
Unclaimed DLL can be deleted.
Right. That was my point to the user who said he was going to avoid the synth until the 32-bit version was "clean" from a virus it didn't have in the first place.

Since you don't need the 32-bit version, just delete it. Problem solved. :smile:

Steve
I'm pretty sure I have read somewhere in this forum that Layzer is running a 32-bit host though.

I, myself, is pretty confident to run a software which only 1 of 60 anti-malware engines marks as possible malware. I would be confident to run a software which 10 out of 60 engines mark as possible malware as well, because I know false positives are quite usual.

On the other hand, a part of me understands a person who are just trying to be safe. I know a few producers/musicians who wouldn't even connect their DAW computer to the internet, because they fear for any re-installations of the system in case of a malware or hacking attack. Because re-installing a system takes hours, a lot of hours, to get to the same state again. Unless you are not regularly taking 1:1 images of your system of course. But I guess most people are just backing up the important files (and sometimes not even those).
Yep, I agree with your points. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to keep your DAW safe from infection. No point in taking unnecessary risks.

Now that PolyGAS is "live" on KVR, more people will be trying it (and hopefully donating to the devloper!). And if some of them get a false-positive reading, they may want to know what to do. That's why I mentioned that simply deleting the 32-bit .DLL (if you don't need it) basically solves the problem. :wink:

For those using 32-bit DAWs, I personally would still side with the overwhelming majority of anti-virus scanner reports, and accept that the .DLL isn't infected. But that's just me, of course.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

vasyan wrote:
planetearth wrote: I'm not trying to convince anyone; I'm just saying that deleting the 32-bit DLL doesn't affect the synth at all.
In archive two DLL are available PolyGAS_v2.0.rar intended for installation manually:
  1. PolyGAS32.dll - 32 bit DLL
  2. PolyGAS64.dll - 64 bit DLL
Use necessary to DLL in dependence with your requests (digit capacity of OS, DAW)
Unclaimed DLL can be deleted.
thx for the update :)
r u going to release osx ver ?

Wonderful, great-sounding synthesizer. I have had similar sounds in my mind for decades, and have been trying to figure out how to make them, Vasily, and I thank you from my heart. I think this represents a step forward in freeware granular synthesis, not only in sound, but as far as usability and friendliness of the GUI, too.

Thanks to the users who have contributed the fine presets that are downloadable. There is some gold in there, especially the EcoSpace 01 and Ambient banks.

Within an hour of messing with it my favorite synth for ambient sounds.

Regarding technical matters, I installed it manually, and it works a treat in Mixcraft Pro Studio 8.1 64-bit.

I've confirmed that PolyGAS 64bit on Windows makes no sound using Reason 9.5.1. No volume bars in the vst, no output.

looks like it was a false positive. Sophos ML now reports the 32bit polygas "clean"
they must have updated the virus definitions. :) ..... anyway....better safe than sorry!

so, lets check out the CPU hit under SAVIhost. i read an earlier post that it ate quite a bit.
generally why i like older plugins as most i use dont use no more than 10-15% under SAVIhost :borg:

EDIT:
first impression: it sounds good.

I saw some 30% cpu spikes playing a 3 note chord on most presets under savihost.
tweak a preset, save as xxxxxx it asks to save .pgp file to presets folder and a wav file to
the data folder. look at the saved wav with a wav editor, it is jiberish.
needless to say, loading it back , it doesnt play.

happens under XP 32bit version
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This is an excellent sounding free synth.
Works fine using Polac VSTi loader in Jeskola Buzz

planetearth wrote: Yep, I agree with your points. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to keep your DAW safe from infection. No point in taking unnecessary risks.

Now that PolyGAS is "live" on KVR, more people will be trying it (and hopefully donating to the devloper!). And if some of them get a false-positive reading, they may want to know what to do. That's why I mentioned that simply deleting the 32-bit .DLL (if you don't need it) basically solves the problem. :wink:

For those using 32-bit DAWs, I personally would still side with the overwhelming majority of anti-virus scanner reports, and accept that the .DLL isn't infected. But that's just me, of course.

Steve
How does it seem to you, for what purpose to the author of a plug-in to implement in it a virus?
The author, that is I, the same computer musician who does plug-ins and is not ENGAGED in creation of viruses.
At least one case is known to you for infection with viruses from software products of Stone Voices?

Apratim wrote:a quick question from a noob in granular synthesis
i have tried padshop and saw that it is great for ambient
does polygas functions like that or is it something diffrent

sorry. i am going to use it but my internet is suddenly too dam slow so the download is taking a quite some time time
The PolyGAS plug-in was specially created for the musical style "Ambient" and other experemental styles of music.
I also use the slow 2G-Internet from mobile operators as the fast Internet is absent in the Sayan mountains as it is far from megalopolises :wink:
Last edited by vasyan on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

mik82 wrote:This is an excellent sounding free synth.
Thank! :tu:

I cant load my own samples for some reason. Pity.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I've noticed that too
If you load a preset, then the wave import works.

mik82 wrote:I've noticed that too
Thanks. I'll try that.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

vasyan wrote:
mik82 wrote:This is an excellent sounding free synth.
Thank! :tu:
And to you Vasyan I would like to say: Спасибо :tu:

This plug reminds me somehow of the psyGen by M-RGT. That plug has been discontinued, so it is good that new contenders arrive.

Lets dance wrote:
thx for the update :)
r u going to release osx ver ?
I already wrote here that your donations will help to make the version for OS X :tu:

mik82 wrote:I've noticed that too
It is necessary to know one feature that the file of the PGP preset are standard INI file, and loading of a sample is carried out on the specified path. If the path is not specified and only file name, then the file of a sample will be looked for in the data folder.

Return to “Instruments”