Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
pbattersby
KVRist

69 posts since 9 Jun, 2011

Postby pbattersby; Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:43 am Virtual Playing Orchestra (free sample library)

I've recently released Virtual Playing Orchestra v1.0. A free sample library in .wav and .sfz format of orchestral instruments similar to what you might expect to see if Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra 2.0 were to be released. Virtual Playing Orchestra is partially built from Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra, including samples from No Budget Orchestra and VSCO2-CE.

Check out the details here:

http://virtualplaying.com
Paul Battersby - virtualplaying.com
- composing virtual drums, bass, strings or full orchestra
- creator of Virtual Playing Orchestra
pbattersby
KVRist

Postby pbattersby; Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:29 am Re: Virtual Playing Orchestra (free sample library)

Version 1.1 is now available.

http://virtualplaying.com

It's a small update, fixing some issues with crash cymbals and adding "all-brass", "all-strings", "all-woodwinds" patches which might be useful for someone wanting to quickly work out some ideas before using individual instruments. See the change log for full update details.
jackoo
KVRian

544 posts since 3 Jul, 2006

Postby jackoo; Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:21 am Re: Virtual Playing Orchestra (free sample library)

Thanks for your efforts!
There are some nice sounds out there.

I tried it with sforzando but the modwheel doesn't seem to have any efffect on the patches...
pbattersby
KVRist

Postby pbattersby; Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:49 am Re: Virtual Playing Orchestra (free sample library)

jackoo wrote:I tried it with sforzando but the modwheel doesn't seem to have any efffect on the patches...

Name a specific patch and I'll have a look at it. It should work on all patches that have "mod-wheel" in the name but I wouldn't expect it to work with any of the others.
pbattersby
KVRist

Postby pbattersby; Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:14 am Re: Virtual Playing Orchestra (free sample library)

In case any one is interested:

Version 2.0 of Virtual Playing Orchestra was released a while ago which looped all the sustain samples since some were far too short so now the composer can decide how long a woodwind or brass player can hold their breath.

There have been a few small updates since then but now Version 2.3 of Virtual Playing Orchestra is available. It's mostly about adding dynamic cross faded patches for trumpet, french horn, trombone with a few other small improvements such as some of the tremolo section patches.

Virtual Playing Orchestra

The download page also has a link to a page that explains the cross fade patches and provides a comparison to patches without dynamic cross fade.
Apratim
KVRist

244 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:51 am Re: Virtual Playing Orchestra (free sample library)

thank you for the effort and thanks for making it free
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle,Wusik 8000,Wusikstation V8
pbattersby
KVRist

Postby pbattersby; Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:16 am Re: Virtual Playing Orchestra (free sample library)

Apratim wrote:thank you for the effort and thanks for making it free

You're welcome. I've benefited from free work by others so I figured I should share my work for free as well.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Soundware