fiedler audio stage - new stereo toolkit from Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by sqigls on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

the physics of it reminds me of k-stereo, but I haven't heard it yet.

great flanger sound.
actually it's quite versatile for the basic controls it has.
for me, it's kinda like their bx_rooMS plugin - i just want to put it on everything.
can get some subtle vibe that really isn't that subtle, but definitely a vibe :P HA
I mean, one of those effects that seems just ok, till you remove it from the chain and think f**k i just killed the vibe.
and it kinda works with anything too... bass even. It really is a multi-tool.
my criticism for now is that the panning/width is not as extreme as I sometimes wished it was.
pretty stunning though, keen to see what else this company can do.

This product seems very similar to Wave Arts Panorama, at least in terms of functionality.

I own Panorama, via the Wave Arts Power Suite 5, but have not use it very often to justify an alternative/replacement plugin at this time. Nevertheless, as a big bx_rooMS fan, I am glad to see Fiedler Audio releasing their own plugins via Plugin Alliance.

Silaris wrote:This product seems very similar to Wave Arts Panorama, at least in terms of functionality.

I own Panorama, via the Wave Arts Power Suite 5, but have not use it very often to justify an alternative/replacement plugin at this time. Nevertheless, as a big bx_rooMS fan, I am glad to see Fiedler Audio releasing their own plugins via Plugin Alliance.
I have also Panorama and it does binauralisation etc. The Fiedler plug in seems to be different. And I'm wondering about all the positive remarks on bx_rooMS - I think it sounds quite bad, often metallic and full of unwanted resonances. I actually was surprised about the low quality when demoing it.

As an option StereoSavage by Plugin Boutique is 50% off atm at vstbuzz.com.

nordickvr wrote:As an option StereoSavage by Plugin Boutique is 50% off atm at vstbuzz.com.
I'll have to check both of these out. I Saw SS got a 5 star from musicradar too which is pretty impressive.

If bx rooms is low quality then there is something wrong with my ears :dog: I Think it sounds amazing and totally took my tracks to the next level. I tested a bunch and for the first time I was like "ok thats what reverb is supposed to sound like." I also really liked psp 2445 and got good results with some IR's.

dreamvoid wrote: ...I'm wondering about all the positive remarks on bx_rooMS - I think it sounds quite bad, often metallic and full of unwanted resonances. I actually was surprised about the low quality when demoing it.
This is so far from reality that i'm almost convinced you have your reverb plugins confused.

sqigls wrote:
dreamvoid wrote: ...I'm wondering about all the positive remarks on bx_rooMS - I think it sounds quite bad, often metallic and full of unwanted resonances. I actually was surprised about the low quality when demoing it.
This is so far from reality that i'm almost convinced you have your reverb plugins confused.
I'm a reverb connoisseur and own high end hardware reverbs, including TC6000, Quantec, EMT and dozens of reverb plug ins, like all Lexicon plug ins, Waves, Acon and Exponential Audio. I use daily many reverbs and have decades of experience as a professional. Generally I like PlugIn Alliance stuff - I use many of their products (I get the $50 vouchers). Therefore I had high expectations with bx_rooMS and was deeply disappointed. My monitoring are ADAM S3A with RME ADI-8 QS D/A. I was not able to get one interesting setting out of it - must be me then ... ;-)

must be, cos it not only sounds great here, but it's a great sculptural tool, the EQ can be a tad harsh i guess, but overall it has a tone about it. admittedly i don't use any presets so i'm not sure if that is an issue. I also work at 96k.
I find it to be a great tool, i mean, if i had a TC6000 and a YardStick i wouldn't even be thinking about software reverbs, but i think bx_rooMS is quite a natural sounding verb. It's not perfect, but i find it easy to use and it can be easily tailored to fit anything i can throw at it.

sqigls wrote:must be, cos it not only sounds great here, but it's a great sculptural tool, the EQ can be a tad harsh i guess, but overall it has a tone about it. admittedly i don't use any presets so i'm not sure if that is an issue. I also work at 96k.
I find it to be a great tool, i mean, if i had a TC6000 and a YardStick i wouldn't even be thinking about software reverbs, but i think bx_rooMS is quite a natural sounding verb. It's not perfect, but i find it easy to use and it can be easily tailored to fit anything i can throw at it.
Software reverbs are necessary for me as they deliver different colours, have interesting parameters for automation and sound design and complete my hardware reverbs capabilities. Furthermore I often use between 10-20 reverbs in a production of maybe 2-5 minutes - I know that this is for many counter productive or absurd. Just compare bx_rooMS to EA Phoenix, Acon Verberate or Waves H-Reverb - I think that is revealing. bx_rooMS has strange (unusual?) patterns in the reflections I could hear as strong colouration. I tried for an hour to see it as a special reverb FX but didn't get anything out of it I like. Reverbs are a highly subjective thing too. If it fits your esthetics all is fine. I expressed my concernes because of the new product and the expectations from bx_rooMS.

furry muff then.
I still don't think that "metallic and full of unwanted resonances" is a warranted unless you're shaping it that way. I wouldn't expect the dampening [EQ] to be acting in a similar way to other verbs either.
I've also owned every reverb under the sun, but I really don't think brainworx were intending for this reverb to compete with H-Reverb or that type of thing. It's really not that type of deal.
It's not really a huge lush type of verb.
I didn't expect anything but I find it's a useful and creative verb that uses a very small amount of CPU power.

anyways, this Stage plugin sounds very useable to me.

It does make a nice flanger, a lot of what it does seems more gimmicky than
useful to me, the ambience section in particular. At least when it comes to
the provided presets. I'm trying to keep an open mind and explore it thoroughly
before drawing any conclusions. Although, even at this point, the intro price seems
a bit steep for what it does. I have a $50 voucher, not sure if I want to use
it to bring this things price down to reasonable.

Anyway, I do like the sound, not yet sure If I really need that sound or not.

Isn't it quite close to Cytosonic Space360 ?

Return to “Effects”