Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thx. Zebra works great in Waveform and Renoise so far. I will contact support for DZ.

calimerox wrote:tusk, did you run this? it was described earlier in this loooong thread
Sure, and here's a direct link too: https://git.io/vX7ne

Code: Select all

#/bin/sh
    set -e
    for d in ~/.u-he/*/dialog.[36][24]; do
       if test -f $d.real; then continue; fi
       mv "$d" "$d.real"
       cat > $d << EOF
    #!/bin/sh
    unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    exec \$(readlink -f \$0).real "\$@"
    EOF
       chmod +x $d
    done
Hi Calimerox, yes I did, it doesn't work in this situation.

I forgot,

ZebraHZ will not show up in Ardour as instrument when creating Midi tracks. regular Zebra will and all other U-He synths

Most likely someone forgot to set a vst flag somewhere, I don't know...

/Anders
Benutzername wrote:I'm still in the office so I could not test it yet. But I've looked at the install script and it seems like it only installs Zebra. The official DarkZebra/ZebraHZ installer is still only available for Mac and Win.

Is there anything special I have to do to activate it? Will the serial be enough or do I have to copy some files from my old Windows installation?

Podolski is playing an octave below after loading a preset for the first time.
Tested it under kxstudio - Carla and Reaper (linux version).

there is a promotion for bitwig users and I purchased Presswerk, works flawless (in ardour, havent tested in bitwig ;) )

The patch "0 The Fool" under "Major Arcana" in the Tarot patch set plays indefinitely when triggered. New keys pressed only adds to the indefinite played notes.

I've noticed this with a few (not many) other patches out there too over the years, however too few for me to report but I figured I'd use this opportunity since it's such a "public" patch set. I would assume they don't behave like this in the Win/Mac versions?

Zebra 2 menus aren't working for me in Ubuntu Studio 17.04 (XFCE 4).
I tried the patch (page 55), no good.
No Such Error | nosucherror.com

nosucherror wrote:Zebra 2 menus aren't working for me in Ubuntu Studio 17.04 (XFCE 4).
I tried the patch (page 55), no good.
They don't work in 17.04 - I have tried everything. You need to run 16.04, if possible.

Thanks Tusk,
I shouldn't have got my hopes up!
No Such Error | nosucherror.com

Could anyone test with Ubuntu 17.10 beta? The new distribution has a new desktop environment, so odds that things work better are no zero.

ejgallego wrote:Could anyone test with Ubuntu 17.10 beta? The new distribution has a new desktop environment, so odds that things work better are no zero.
The problem exists in Kubuntu 17.04 and Ubuntu 17.04 with gnome as well. Could it be the display manager? (which is also changing)

The problem is definitely not to do with the desktop environment. For 17.04 I tried Cinnamon, MATE, Gnome, Budgie and LXDE, all with the same result. In 16.04 it works in all desktop environments. As for the Display Manager, that's a possible source, although I tried different Ubuntu 17.04 flavours, which I think use different display managers (?), and the problem persisted.

I also had terrible problems with the video editor Lightworks 14 on 17.04, so for me it was a lesson not to use the latest technologies, although I am sure for some people that won't be an option.

Yeah it's nothing to do with the desktop environment.
I had to return to 16.04 again (on a second partition). Will be interesting to hear if the problem persist in 17.10.

I'd also like to "bump" following issue with some patches in Hive (not related to Ubuntu version, but is very likely related to the Linux version of Hive):

"The patch "0 The Fool" under "Major Arcana" in the Tarot patch set plays indefinitely in Hive on Linux when triggered. New keys pressed only adds to the indefinite played notes."

This has occured on a few patches also in the past, and I got a strong feeling it's not supposed to go into an indefinite loop like that. Cause, this does happen with you guys too, right?

Switched over to Ubuntu Studio 17.04 when Bitwig's audio engine stoppled playing nicely with Debian, to find that u-he menus don't work! If only I'd been checking up on this thread I could have saved myself the effort and switched right to 16.04 =|

The joys of Linux...

Is there likely to be a fix from the u-he end or will we have to hope that future versions of Ubuntu resolve the issue serendipitously?

As long as things go smooth on 16.04 it's really of no great consequence to me, but I would certainly feel more secure in my u-he investments were it to be worked out for later versions.

16.4 is the latest stable Ubuntu version and 18.4 will be the next stable version.

The in between versions 16.10, 17.4 and 17.10 are clearly marked as unstable and volatile. They are targeted at adventurous users who want to experiment with the latest features and functions. Usually this is no problem but sometimes experiments just don't turn out well.

If u-he supports 18.4 then all will be good.

Return to “u-he”