Native instruments Symphonic Bundle is only a $599 crossgrade for Komplete owners

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone jump on this ? I've had my eye on the symphonic series before they bundled them into one big package. Originally I was going to save up and buy Omnisphere 2 but this is looking like a good option too.

You get..

All 6 SYMPHONY SERIES libraries: PERCUSSION, STRING ENSEMBLE, BRASS SOLO, BRASS ENEMBLE, WOODWIND SOLO, WOODWIND ENSEMBLE

Total download size 165GB

For Komplete Owners you can buy it for $599 USD

"This crossgrade only works for users of KOMPLETE 2-11, KOMPLETE 8-11 ULTIMATE, SYMPHONY SERIES – BRASS, SYMPHONY SERIES – WOODWIND, SYMPHONY SERIES – STRING ENSEMBLE. You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above! "

I'm tempted because I wouldn't mind having a decent Orchestral sample library. I'm not a composer, but i do like messing about with orchestral stuff for fun.

What's the quality like?

More here : https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... n/pricing/
:borg:

Its nice to see this kind of offer, but wow i dont know what to think about NI.

NI released new library and also Essentials version of it but doesnt include in K11 ultimate wich came out just a year ago while other package of Symphony Essentials is included. Yeah i know its a new product, but exactly this library i see it as update to existing package of Symphony series rather then a new product. Am i the only one who thinks its a bit not fair for K11U users?

If its like Studio One 3.5 update would be threated as paid update from version 3 (yeah not the best example, but you get it what i mean).
Last edited by Elektronisch on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

And it's download only, so would cost me an additional £375 (boo to my ISP). It would be cheaper to fly to Berlin and pick it up from the NI office.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

It seems like a relatively good deal - during the NI Summer of Sound I got the three Symphony Packages for $450 total ($150 each, the crossgrade was 50% off). So $599 for all of them plus the new Percussion one sounds about right.

If the Symphony Crossgrades still get included in the 50% off sale next time it happens, that would make this an even better deal (theoretically you'd get the whole thing for $299). I'm not sure if I want to pay $199 yet for the Percussion, but if it gets a deeper discount (especially to $99) it's probably a no brainer to me to add on.

This is too big for me, but I see this percussion library by them, crossgrade for me @ $199 I may do.

That's a hard sell with the competition out there.
Personally just not a fan of the soundiron contribs for the set. The version I got with k11u? Winds and brass are all outta whack, phasey and f*ckin hard to get flowing just right especially the crescendos and shorts. Strings are alright if a bit cut down but I got lass anyway. Inconsistencies all over like any sample library so there's like nothing special goin on here. Just don't see the draw...

Armagibbon wrote:That's a hard sell with the competition out there.
Personally just not a fan of the soundiron contribs for the set. The version I got with k11u? Winds and brass are all outta whack, phasey and f*ckin hard to get flowing just right especially the crescendos and shorts. Strings are alright if a bit cut down but I got lass anyway. Inconsistencies all over like any sample library so there's like nothing special goin on here. Just don't see the draw...
Will echo that about soundiron... phasey. lacking quality control.

Nice looking UI design though.

There are just so many better libraries out there for the money. You can get EWQL Hollywood Orchestra Diamond for this the price of the crossgrade, and it is TONS better than this. If you needed the solo instruments you could go for Symphonic Orchestra Platinum.

If you needed Kontakt specific, there are tons of options that work and sound better than this.

Cheers for the replies!

I think I'm going to spend it on something else instead. I doubt I would use a orchestral library that much, seeing how I prefer synthesis more than samples.
:borg:

Well it just cost me £ 24.00 to get the full version of Percussion.

I have the full version of all the other sections (I got them during the summer sale).

Someone on VI-Control told me that they got a voucher that allowed them to buy the full Percussion package for £ 24.

However, I had no voucher - so I emailed NI support and they told me that due to a technical error - my voucher hadn't been sent out.

So if you have the other full packages (Strings ensemble, woodwinds solo & ensemble and brass solo & ensemble) and you haven't had a voucher via email from NI - I'd get onto support right away.

At £ 24 it's a no brainer.

DarkStar wrote:And it's download only, so would cost me an additional £375 (boo to my ISP). It would be cheaper to fly to Berlin and pick it up from the NI office.
Who is your ISP, if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing that you're somewhat "off the grid"?

"Off the grid2 is generally a god place to be.

My ISP deal is 10GB per month for a fixed fee, then each GB or part thereof is charged. They used to have a free period of midnight to 0600 and that worked out well, but that's been dropped.

For those sorts of libraries I would need an Unlimited / Fibre products and that costs a lot more.

PS I will not go anywhere near BT, TalkTalk or Sky. ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Only $599?

That's a big "only".

mikeybabes wrote:Well it just cost me £ 24.00 to get the full version of Percussion.

I have the full version of all the other sections (I got them during the summer sale).

Someone on VI-Control told me that they got a voucher that allowed them to buy the full Percussion package for £ 24.

However, I had no voucher - so I emailed NI support and they told me that due to a technical error - my voucher hadn't been sent out.

So if you have the other full packages (Strings ensemble, woodwinds solo & ensemble and brass solo & ensemble) and you haven't had a voucher via email from NI - I'd get onto support right away.

At £ 24 it's a no brainer.
This is good news. I've also got the rest of the Symphony Series and I was bummed I didn't get this voucher. I emailed support so hopefully I'll get a response soon

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”