Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Psylenth

2ZrgE
KVRian

1113 posts since 30 Mar, 2011

Postby 2ZrgE; Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:31 am Psylenth

Psylenth.

Yes it was what I thought when I read the name.

Now we need some ...Psybra... :D
chk071
KVRAF

13236 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:39 am Re: Psylenth

Lennard should bring out the copyright hammer. ;)
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
2ZrgE
KVRian

Postby 2ZrgE; Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:45 am Re: Psylenth

I guess he's cool with it:

"In cooperation with Lennar Digital, Ovnimoon Records and Hector Ovnimoon have put together this amazing compilation dedicated to his and our favorite virtual synthesizer, Sylenth. This 9 track selection of mind blowing psychedelic trance music features artist who have already worked with the label as well as some new comers joining the fun. Each artist has made fantastic use of the Sytenth VST to create top production ideas, futuristic sound sculpting and emotional moments of full on psychedelic mind expansion."
chk071
KVRAF

13236 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:48 am Re: Psylenth

Yeah, i was only kidding anyway. Even if he was not ok with it, i guess it's hardly worth any action. Only costs time and money, with little reward.
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
recursive one
KVRAF

2855 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:06 am Re: Psylenth

Great VA name, totally well deserved. Actually Sylenth still has incredible impact on psytrance scene, it can make some very trippy sounds one wouldn't even believe that they are coming from a basic subtractive synth.

I guess Pspire and maybe Pserum should come next (it's very handy that the S-synths have "S" in their names so that one could attach "P" to it) :)
It's not all about how close something is to the bleeding edge of technology or how long the feature list is. If it sounds good to you, it sounds good to you, full stop. (C) Vectorman
Numanoid
KVRAF

25506 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:24 am Re: Psylenth

Nice, it is a bit like that Groovebox Experience CD that came out in 1997 showcasing artists using the Roland MC-303

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Grooveb ... ease/81462
2ZrgE
KVRian

Postby 2ZrgE; Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 am Re: Psylenth

Someone should showcase the Virus Ti with a Psytrance compilation...oh wait... :D
recursive one
KVRAF

Postby recursive one; Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:33 am Re: Psylenth

2ZrgE wrote:Someone should showcase the Virus Ti with a Psytrance compilation...oh wait... :D

Any Israeli full-on VA released between 2006 and 2010 :D
It's not all about how close something is to the bleeding edge of technology or how long the feature list is. If it sounds good to you, it sounds good to you, full stop. (C) Vectorman
sfxsound3
KVRist

310 posts since 30 Mar, 2016

Postby sfxsound3; Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:01 am Re: Psylenth

2ZrgE wrote:Psylenth.

Welcome to the cliche!

Currently on track 2, thinking of giving up.... :clown:

Postby recursive one; Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:04 am Re: Psylenth

sfxsound3 wrote:Those guys are even worse than Dacru!

Dacru used to be good. At least they were my introduction to psytrance and I still love most of their earlier releases.

While we are at it, care to post any example of what you consider innovative, non-cliched psy?
sfxsound3
KVRist

310 posts since 30 Mar, 2016

Postby sfxsound3; Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:16 am Re: Psylenth

recursive one wrote:innovative, non-cliched psy?

No such thing. But some things are more cliche than others. Ovni and Dacru being fine examples.

OK, let's say, look up Ka-Sol, Hutti Heita, Ajja, Arjuna, Derango, Purosurpo, Gojja, Makadam, Molchun, Kindzadza, Highko, Psykovsky, Jangaramongara, Parvati Records, Vantara Vichitra Records, etc., etc, etc. (There are many similar/related artists and labels, hence the 'etc.')

Mostly forest and hitek is where some innovation and creativity can be found. Also: synth-work!!!
recursive one
KVRAF

Postby recursive one; Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 am Re: Psylenth

sfxsound3 wrote:OK, let's say, look up Ka-Sol, Hutti Heita, Ajja, Arjuna, Derango, Purosurpo, Gojja, Makadam, Molchun, Kindzadza, Highko, Psykovsky, Jangaramongara, Parvati Records, Vantara Vichitra Records, etc., etc, etc. (There are many similar/related artists and labels, hence the 'etc.')

Mostly forest and hitek is where some innovation and creativity can be found.

Can't say I've heard everything you listed here but what I've heard is not my thing.

And I think the bubbling noises which sound the same in 95% forest tracks as well as the same FM leads in 95% hitek tracks hardly pass for innovation and creativity.
Numanoid
KVRAF

25506 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:04 am Re: Psylenth

sfxsound3 wrote:Welcome to the cliche!

If it was metal, then it would be called classic or true metal ;)
Terrafractyl
KVRist

300 posts since 15 Nov, 2005, from Melbourne Australia

Postby Terrafractyl; Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:55 pm Re: Psylenth

Yeah each to their own but every time someone says the most interesting new psy with most innovation is from hitech and forest (which i hear a lot these days)... I ask for examples... and Its taken me a Very long time to find some music in those genres i can actually find to fit those criteria!
Electrypnose is one of the few producers whos music can go over 150 bpm and keep me still interested. That hasnt changed in some time. Also Fagans Reject recently impressed me quite a lot.
Other than that meh, I still cant believe how many people think psykovsky 'dj'ing or mashing 4 tracks together in a horrible way is next level psychedelic music...

Also for memory I think I enjoyed kindzdazda once, but i put that down to the tea i was drinking. Every other time its just been funny and not in a particularly good way.

As for psylenth well that was inevitiable... especially when you consider how much music ovnimoon releases. (Part of the geomagnetix.tv machine if I remember right)
Pretty unimaginative but hey we are getting a great reputation for that, why spoil things hey!?
:party:
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)