TC VSS3 Native

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still using the VSS3 in my TC Electronics Powercore 6000 hardware. Sounds great. If it ever broke, as previous units have, I would get this vst version in a heart-beat. Very natural sounding and easy to drop in a mix. But sometimes more obvious is better so it doesn't suit every need.
Predelay is great.

Purchased, yet they sent no activation code... just an email with the serial number and nothing where the activation code should be.

It has the convoluted instructions of what to do with the activation code, though.

I went to the TC support link in the email which took me to Music Group (Behringer) support, where I essentially was only able to fill out what amounted to a product return form.

I'd condemn the whole thing if I were in a worse mood, but I have tonight's new Twin Peaks recording... about to watch the new Game of Thrones live, and record the latest The Strain after that.

TC, will will not spoil TV night here!
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Likely you just need to enter that number in the Ilok manager.

pekbro wrote:Likely you just need to enter that number in the Ilok manager.
Thanks, but the serial does not have enough digits for that… just eight instead of sixteen (or whatever it is).

I looked back at my previous TC purchases and they have activation codes… that was before Hooli Behringer took over, though.

Back to TV… The Strain is up next.

Ahh, ok. Well at least you can buy it. I have a strict credit card for emergency only thing, and can not even purchase anything from them. They won't take debit, PayPal, money transfer or any other type of payments and no resellers (TDM only). In this day and age.

I've been back and forth with them and neither side will budge.

So I've written them off completely.

-cheers

pekbro wrote:Ahh, ok. Well at least you can buy it. I have a strict credit card for emergency only thing, and can not even purchase anything from them. They won't take debit, PayPal, money transfer or any other type of payments and no resellers (TDM only). In this day and age.

I've been back and forth with them and neither side will budge.

So I've written them off completely.

-cheers
Yeah, I bought it... let's see if I get it (if it gets too complicated, I may try for a refund, cancel the transaction, etc.).

You might try one of those prepaid credit cards... I got one as a gift once and used it with Audio Deluxe without any problems.

Hard to say with TC, though... might be worth checking.

Hmm, a disposable credit card, I didn't think about that, thx.

No problem... still no activation code here, but TC is on the case (albeit delayed by their weekend support backlog, an employee off today and time-zone business hours differences).

antithesist wrote:No problem... still no activation code here, but TC is on the case (albeit delayed by their weekend support backlog, an employee off today and time-zone business hours differences).
Don't you receive a mail with a serial and instructions (and a link) ? Click the link, enter ur serial, mail and ilok, and it's done. Worked this way for me...

antithesist wrote:
Thanks, but the serial does not have enough digits for that… just eight instead of sixteen (or whatever it is).

I looked back at my previous TC purchases and they have activation codes… that was before Hooli Behringer took over, though.

Go to this link & enter the code that they sent you. http://www.tcelectronic.com/vss3-native/support/

Well it seems that the pre-paid cards are no different than
debit cards. Oh well, fortunately the VSR S24 is an exceptional
alternative. Thankfully, Relab is quite a bit more modern when it comes
to e-commerce...

-Cheers

budweiser wrote:
antithesist wrote:No problem... still no activation code here, but TC is on the case (albeit delayed by their weekend support backlog, an employee off today and time-zone business hours differences).
Don't you receive a mail with a serial and instructions (and a link) ? Click the link, enter ur serial, mail and ilok, and it's done. Worked this way for me...
I should have, but didn't (the space for the activation code was blank... I think their automated system went haywire, ran out of codes or something).

TC support was responsive, helpful and got me fixed up, though.

virtualpt wrote:
antithesist wrote:

Go to this link & enter the code that they sent you. http://www.tcelectronic.com/vss3-native/support/
Thanks, see my previous post... all good now, just missed the instant gratification (48 hrs. or so delay not too bad considering the weekend and time zones, etc.).

pekbro wrote:Well it seems that the pre-paid cards are no different than
debit cards. Oh well, fortunately the VSR S24 is an exceptional
alternative. Thankfully, Relab is quite a bit more modern when it comes
to e-commerce...

-Cheers
That's too bad, sorry if my notion sent you on a wild goose chase.

Agreed that the Relab is just as good, if not better in some respects.

TC has their tuner on sale this weekend... they really need to get paypal if they're going to keep doing this.

antithesist wrote:
pekbro wrote:....they really need to get paypal if they're going to keep doing this.
Absolutely, I personally ONLY buy using Paypal.
(What year is this...2017?)

Return to “Effects”