fiedler audio stage - new stereo toolkit from Plugin Alliance

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Think I'll stick with the lovely Isone, especially for only €20

totally different beast

I'd say slightly is a more accurate adjective.

TB Isone is a virtual headphone monitoring plugin, so it is totally different beast.

Sorry my bad, my memory of the Isone was totally not what it was when I just tried it now. For some reason I'd remembered the 'distance' parameter to just like the 'Panorama width' in this plugin, the speaker angle to be like the pan, and then all the room designer paramers to be like the Ambience section. But nope. Oops :ud:

DrReacto wrote:the physics of it reminds me of k-stereo, but I haven't heard it yet.
More flexible then k-stereo and more features.
I like both but they are different in use and sound.

dreamvoid wrote: I'm a reverb connoisseur and own high end hardware reverbs, including TC6000, Quantec, EMT and dozens of reverb plug ins, like all Lexicon plug ins, Waves, Acon and Exponential Audio. I use daily many reverbs and have decades of experience as a professional. Generally I like PlugIn Alliance stuff - I use many of their products (I get the $50 vouchers). Therefore I had high expectations with bx_rooMS and was deeply disappointed. My monitoring are ADAM S3A with RME ADI-8 QS D/A. I was not able to get one interesting setting out of it - must be me then ... ;-)
Not to bring this back up but I do agree entirely with what you are saying about the reverb sounding metallic and what not, especially when soloed. I totally hear that. The thing is you would think it sounds horrible but when you mix it back in and tailor the settings to the track it sounds amazing. Even still if you solo it it still sounds pretty bad and artifacty but when mixed back it just works and totally gives you that 3d sound you hear on pro recordings. So far I have been unable to get that from other reverb plugins at least not at that level. Maybe it's just my inexperience.

With that said as a straight reverb effect there are other reverb plugins that definitely sound way more natural and much much better but as a mix tool I think bx rooms is definitely doing something special that others can't or at least the ones I have tried can't. :tu:

systmu wrote:
dreamvoid wrote: I'm a reverb connoisseur and own high end hardware reverbs, including TC6000, Quantec, EMT and dozens of reverb plug ins, like all Lexicon plug ins, Waves, Acon and Exponential Audio. I use daily many reverbs and have decades of experience as a professional. Generally I like PlugIn Alliance stuff - I use many of their products (I get the $50 vouchers). Therefore I had high expectations with bx_rooMS and was deeply disappointed. My monitoring are ADAM S3A with RME ADI-8 QS D/A. I was not able to get one interesting setting out of it - must be me then ... ;-)
Not to bring this back up but I do agree entirely with what you are saying about the reverb sounding metallic and what not, especially when soloed. I totally hear that. The thing is you would think it sounds horrible but when you mix it back in and tailor the settings to the track it sounds amazing. Even still if you solo it it still sounds pretty bad and artifacty but when mixed back it just works and totally gives you that 3d sound you hear on pro recordings. So far I have been unable to get that from other reverb plugins at least not at that level. Maybe it's just my inexperience.

With that said as a straight reverb effect there are other reverb plugins that definitely sound way more natural and much much better but as a mix tool I think bx rooms is definitely doing something special that others can't or at least the ones I have tried can't. :tu:
Ok, thank you for the interesting answer. I may have a second look at bx_rooMS, although I don't understand why it should sound so effective in a mix, when it sounds like I described, other than for wanted colouration, e.g. drums. Sometimes I program my other reverbs metallic sounding for an aggressive sound or sound design - I like flexibility. But it is good to know that others hear and confirm what I heard.

I'm not entirely sure this is a reverb plugin as such. It seems to be more designed to "enhance" stereo and depth. Do too much of it's spatial qualities could be overdoing it.

Instead try enhancing your width and the depth of the reverb that is already there.

I really wish it had a difference feed into mid control and the reverse like DrMS. If it doesn't sound like k-stereo, or the free sheppi alternative, then I'll have to try the demo, after the price drops.

Flash sale at PA for $30. Worth a look?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:35 am Flash sale at PA for $30. Worth a look?
It made Studio One not want to start back in the day, and then again yesterday when I decided to give it a try again... I sort of remember it was quite the useless thing when I first tried it (particularly with phase issues and general bugs). Then I wanted to check to see how really useless it was... and now I'm trying to uninstall it, but of course the PA installer doesn't have an uninstaller... :borg:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Return to “Effects”