Old Scottish Folk Song: Chi Mi Na Morbheanna

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

just my wife on vocals and hand drum, and yours truly on the guitars.

Enjoy!

http://kiwi6.com/file/fs4qxrh9rl
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

that sucks. hmmm... I tried it from a browser that is independent of the site login, and it works fine, here. :shrug:
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

do you click on the 'listen' button, top left? In any case, thanks for trying. It is downloadable, too I think. Ad blockers need to be off for that, though.
-Henry A. Wallace

-Henry A. Wallace

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:Yep that works. Listening on headphones but the recording sounds good, and your wife has a lovely voice. Really enjoyed that. Have you ever recorded Fear a' Bhàta?
Hi,

Thanks for listening! I've never heard of that song, just listened to it. I'll definitely talk to my wife about it.

What you heard above is a remix. The original mix had the 12 string a little lower in the mix, as was the 2nd classical.

There is a little tension regarding our recording. I am a rocker, my wife tends toward Renaissance, Gaelic folk, and opera, the latter really not being my thing. :)
-Henry A. Wallace

That was lovely, I'm a sucker for Gaelic folk music. Thanks for sharing, and for restraining the rocker in you. ;)

Really nice! Well recorded.

Maybe you could mention what this song is about.

Hi,

Thanks for listening! This should give you all the info you need, including the English words to the song:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C3%AC_ ... B2rbheanna

Interestingly, it was played at JFK's funeral.
-Henry A. Wallace

Really great work, I enjoyed it a lot! :tu: :tu:

Vortifex wrote:Yep that works. Listening on headphones but the recording sounds good, and your wife has a lovely voice. Really enjoyed that. Have you ever recorded Fear a' Bhàta?
Hey, my wife and I just checked out 'Fear a' Bhàta,' and we are going to record it. Thanks for the suggestion! :tu:
-Henry A. Wallace

Return to “Music Cafe”