Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

A huge thanks to asb2m10 developing Dexed and a special thanks to BlackWinney for your work on your famous sysex files. This is an excellent emulation of the DX7. Awesome effort. And thanks to the many who made suggestions to help improve project.

Wow Dexed is really cool!!!
Sounds so close to my DX7.
I use it with Logic Pro x.
Every time I send a single sound via sysex to my DX7 it works fine.
But when I send a full Cart it wont work. DX7 is playing one Note when I send the Cart and some kind of hanging up. Have to switch off an on for it to behave normal.

Sysex controll for all DX7 parameters works fine. And even when I send all sound data from the DX7 to Dexed it works.

Does anybody know if this a known bug with Logic X or is my DX7 broken?

Thank you.

What midi interface are you using ? Did you tried sending the file using https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian ?
brandmarc1 wrote:Wow Dexed is really cool!!!
Sounds so close to my DX7.
I use it with Logic Pro x.
Every time I send a single sound via sysex to my DX7 it works fine.
But when I send a full Cart it wont work. DX7 is playing one Note when I send the Cart and some kind of hanging up. Have to switch off an on for it to behave normal.

Sysex controll for all DX7 parameters works fine. And even when I send all sound data from the DX7 to Dexed it works.

Does anybody know if this a known bug with Logic X or is my DX7 broken?

Thank you.

asb2m10 wrote:The SY-77 is another ballgame, espcially with AWM PCM that are probably copyrighted.
You could just ignore the AWM completely and focus on the pure FM parts. Would it be possible to add the 15 additional sinusoidal waveforms and additional algorithms with the assignable feedback operators? You could get it two thirds of the way to AFM, and also cover the OP-Z sounds from the DX11/TX81Z.

Additionally, is there any possibility for a customizable interface? I love the meters per operator, but sometimes it's a bit hard to easily read at a glance what's going on with the block layout and the knobs. Something like these I am attaching are a bit easier to read.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ihav2p wrote:
CoolColJ wrote:Still no DX7 glide/portamento? :(
Please, portamento!

I think it has to be implemented on MSFA.
Yeah I'm waiting for this epic feature as well :)
Actually wonder if there will be a polyglide functionality?

Btw Dexed works great on V-Machine!

So what's the most recent version, 0.9.3 or 0.9.4?
Cheers

First I waited a week for signup validation, and now that I received approval I'm banned every time try to open this website. Well well.

Someone dare to share the patches? Sharing is careing... :D

chris.r wrote:
First I waited a week for signup validation, and now that I received approval I'm banned every time try to open this website. Well well.

I suggest you to just check it but as far as I can remember they are in my collection (I'm not at home today).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:
chris.r wrote:

I suggest you to just check it but as far as I can remember they are in my collection (I'm not at home today).
Hmm... no, it seems that they are not yet in my collection. So I'll add them in, but in the meanwhile I just uploaded them here a few minutes ago:
http://hsjp.eu/mao/freeware/
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Cheers mate! That was awesome quick response :)

Lovely presets. Your collection rulez btw.

hi,

First. Is there a tool out there which led me to search inside the sysex files? E.G. I roughly know the name of a preset an can search for it.

Second. Sometimes the algorithm display within Dexed GUI greys partly out (see the picture).

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rabbit in a hole

:tu: :clap: Many thanks for the share BlackWinny. you sir are a legend
:tu: All is good

Is there a way that Dexed plugin will load with different patches, patches that I want to choose (without any clicking on Cart and importing, just pop up and have them already)?

... these suppose to be created by richard d. james:
http://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/co ... _converted

cheers,
tl.

Thanks for the heads up. Several patches with only a minimal change to couple of parameters, not too wild collection of sounds for sure. The patch names are rather minimal too. :D

I wonder if this is a bug or not ,since I don't have real dx 7
But algoritm 25 clearly shows all operators in parralel , the only operator being modulated is operator 4 ( modulated by operator 6) and op 6 being capable of feedback
But , in dexed , also operator 5 is being modulated by 6 .
The routing clearly shows 6 ---> 4.

Same for algoritm 23 , operator 5 is modulated by 6 , but the routing doesn't show this

Algo 24 :dexed shows only op 4 modulated by 6 .
But in reality it's op3 /4 and 5 that are being modulated by 6

Definately some operator gui bugs ...

https://www.google.be/search?rlz=1C1CHN ... tKjNklMcMM:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”