RELATED
PRODUCTS

srsly, I'd be in if I thought
1. NI wouldn't pull it [see Kore]
2. NKS applied to FX [see NI's own FX]
3. NKS allowed multis [see VIP]

the problem with VIP.. is Akai/InMusic
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

thejonsolo wrote:The new keyboards seem to be a hit as well.
Man I just can't get over the touch strips for mod and pitch. Just can't f*ckin work with it and even besides I'm f*ckin paranoid it'll break in some weird way like 5 years down the line and I'll never find a replacement. Same shit keeps me from picking up a roli seaboard. Horror stories and proprietary tech man. Got my ass scared shitless...

Lotuzia wrote: In Maschine you can have direct access to any 'controller page' instantaneously (and you can see the titles of the pages). In NKS Keyboards you have to use the arrows next/prev.
How do you have direct access? ..No "next/prev"? + see all titles of all pages???
Is it only on MkII??
(i got a MK I..)
Lotuzia wrote: The controler pages are per patch, but you can also apply them like a 'template' to any selection of patches.
How do you do that?
- WonderEcho -

Lotuzia wrote: In Maschine you can have direct access to any 'controller page' instantaneously (and you can see the titles of the pages). In NKS Keyboards you have to use the arrows next/prev.
Yes this alone makes komplete kontrol not even worth using. I would have loved to be in the design meeting when that came up. "Ya pressing page next 15 times is totally reasonable to get to a parameter you want right?..."

Thanks for your assessment. I´m very happy with the other NI Stuff like Maschine Mikro and NI Jam. Well done integration. The standard 9 Knobs on every Midi Controller arround sucks for real in deep Synth Edit.
I´m sure that every developer knows that but a solution is not easy.
How do work on Multi Segment Envelopes like Dune2 or Curve2? How to programm that advanced Arp on Spire or Massive?

I like NKS/Komplete Kontrol allot.
More and more companies using it means I have all sounds in one place. Tagged browsing and searching trough all presets, lovely.
The controls are limited with only 8 rotaries per page but for tweaking sounds it's enough.
I don't expect it to be a sound designers tool, I go sit behind my monitor with mouse and faderport (in last touched mode) for that.

Just saw that Waves also made Element NKS ready.

Yeah, love it that NKS is getting broad support from major developers.

Pages in Maschine + KK:

-In the software, the first 8 pages can be directly accessed by clicking with the mouse on the desired page (with label). (for the next 8 pages one has to click the mini-arrow..)

-On hardware use "next/prev". (Dunno with Maschine Studio..has bigger and colored screens)
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote:Pages in Maschine + KK:

-In the software, the first 8 pages can be directly accessed by clicking with the mouse on the desired page (with label). (for the next 8 pages one has to click the mini-arrow..)

-On hardware use "next/prev". (Dunno with Maschine Studio..has bigger and colored screens)
Having to access a control page one at a time with next/prev on hardware is bad enough. But having to clicking over one at a time after page 8 in hardware is next level stupid.

if you can't fit a synth within the first 8 pages, that's a sure fire sign that the hardware interface sucks ass right there.

Klinke1 wrote:Pages in Maschine + KK:

... With Studio (and Maschine Mk2 I think) you can use Navigate (there's a Mode switcher on an F button, might be called Pages) to get an overview of the Page headings and quickly jump between them.

Really wish KK could do this too!

acYm wrote:if you can't fit a synth within the first 8 pages, that's a sure fire sign that the hardware interface sucks ass right there.
If you're looking at a user-friendly mapping where synth parameter sections are laid out cleanly (eg: there might be 6 filter paras and 2 blanks on a page) and there are additional effects sections it's not so crazy that a mapping might be more than 8-pages?

Klinke1 wrote:
How do you have direct access? ..No "next/prev"? + see all titles of all pages???
Is it only on MkII??
(i got a MK I..)
Lotuzia wrote: The controler pages are per patch, but you can also apply them like a 'template' to any selection of patches.
How do you do that?
It's in the manual of Maschine MKII, I don't know if it works on V1 (and yes you can do it on the hw, like Taoyoyo said, not only in the sw version or plug, where it's displayed in a different way -tabs-
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

danbroad wrote:srsly, I'd be in if I thought
1. NI wouldn't pull it [see Kore]
2. NKS applied to FX [see NI's own FX]
3. NKS allowed multis [see VIP]

the problem with VIP.. is Akai/InMusic
1. : Well, I can't read the future, but like I said, NKS Keyboards and Maschine share the same 'nks' presets. I think that NI will support at least Maschine and all the related products for a good time, so ...

As for 2 and 3 maybe they will come. Or simply not :shrug:

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Just imho the strength -ad weakness- of NKS is in the 'per preset' thing. When all other systems afaik present a 'per synth/unit' structure, meaning that whatever the preset, you'll get always the same layout (trying to replicate a sort of global synth control panel with a given number of controls per 'page')

The two systems have pros and cons. With NKS, and with -a lot of- patience, sound designers can mix both approaches and offer a part of the panel dedicated to the 'usefull/efficient/creative' parameters for a given preset. Wich is way more usefull and pleasurable to play and tweak for both rookies (-and there it's almost a crime not to do it) and hard core users.

Of course this is much more adapted to sample libs, or libs with few presets, and less with large synthesizer libs. But, if time allows, it's totally worth it. (imho)

Return to “Instruments”