Zynaptiq Pitchmap?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Me too, and no.

I don't think Pitchmap uses any PACE-related copy protection, it's just a simple C/R as far as I understood, I got my code, entered it while being online and voila. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sampleconstruct wrote:I don't think Pitchmap uses any PACE-related copy protection, it's just a simple C/R as far as I understood, I got my code, entered it while being online and voila. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ya, you're right... did some googling.

morph came out (with zynaptiq) after pitchmap, if i'm not mistaken, which is probably why it uses pace and pitchmap doesn't ... using pace is evidentally a relatively recent development for zynaptiq.

:shrug:

In thie video, Pitch Map tunes the atonal textures generated by Reaktor Skrewell before they hit an FX chain in MXXXCore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KQYHYyYM48

Sampleconstruct wrote:I don't think Pitchmap uses any PACE-related copy protection, it's just a simple C/R as far as I understood, I got my code, entered it while being online and voila. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep think it's just c/r - Zynaptic Morph is iLok so I assumed all their products were but I just logged in to my account and could only see Morph in my listed licences !

During messe 2016 Zynaptiq Dennis said that they would be launching 2 Products in Q2. We are almost in Q3, my money is burning in my pocket for Wormhole ....

A little update from the developer?
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

1/ they still have three weeks.
2/ depends on what it costs.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:2/ depends on what it costs.
i assume very likely as their two last release (Morph and Unmix:Drums)

I wanted to share a PITCHMAP example with you so I am resurrecting this thread. Keep the love alive.

I recently got PITCHMAP for use as a creative effect. Before getting into creative uses for it, on a tracking basis, I was working with it on a track I recently released. So this is your typical run-a-mix-through-it example.

The stereo mix is being processed through PITCHMAP here. I selected a built-in scale, of which I can't remember, and tweeked the controls until it sounded pretty good. I wasn't going for a realistic re-pitching here - something more mutated than the original. I think the effect is pretty cool! I did a little trick where I siphoned off some attack transients off the original mix and mixed them into the output of PITCHMAP to retain more of the original feel.

Original version
https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/spirit

PITCHMAP version
https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/pisrit/s-jLaH0

Sweeeeet :tu:

zynaptiq wrote:Let me qualify that for more precision -- It's not really a *clean* drums layer as you could get with say repeated application of UNMIX::DRUMS, as PM does tend to classify the pitched parts of drums as pitched sounds (which makes sense as you wouldn't want a kick drum or snare corpus to be out of tune with the bass line, for example). The purpose in PM is to retain transient clarity when changing pitches in full mixes, not creating drum backing tracks. So take the wording of the post before with a grain of salt ;-)

Not near a machine set up for screen capturing, and currently at a little loss for a good way to capture the audio with VO as my ULN8 and SoundFlower don't play with each other anymore...so please accept my apologies for resorting to a wall of text :-/

Assuming a sparse-ish mix, where the vocal is to some extent the only thing playing in a specific pitch range, or if it doesn't really matter if there's *some* stuff left playing near the vocal, the general strategy is as follows:

1) activate the MUTE function on the top right of the GUI

2) then, drag the left little slider on the mini overview keyboard at the very top up until all instruments are dropped that you want to loose below the pitch range of the vocal. There's a preset for this called "loose bass" in the category "mixing" (presets are accessed by clicking on the little grey triangle at the very top left).

3) drag the right slider down similarly, until just the range with the vocal is left playing, plus all the noise/transient stuff.

4) Adjust PURIFY, ELECTRIFY and ALGO MODE until you get as much suppression as possible (so basically: the noise layer gets as low in level as possible) while messing up the vocal as little as possible. Good starting points for are 60% PURIFY, 50% ELECTRIFY and MEDIUM or NATURAL for ALGO MODE, but this depends on the signal. I'd imagine you'll quickly get a feel for what these do in this context though.

Now if there are instruments playing in the same pitch range as the vocal, it gets a little more involved. Plus, sounds that play the same pitch as the vocal at the same time you won't be able to get rid of at all.

In that case, I typically
- drag the left slider past the right one, all the way to the top, and the right slider all the way down. This causes ALL pitched sounds to be suppressed. Well, as far as it goes, of course. There's a preset for this called "suppress pitched" in the category "mixing" .
- Then, you use the lower keyboard (the three octave one) to selectively bypass the pitches you want to retain.
- In this scenario, you will typically want to set the EDIT MODE to "CUSTOM" (so that you only set the specific pitch you click on, rather than copying settings to other octaves as well), and make sure the KEY EDIT mode is set to BYPASS.
- Now any key on the 3-oct keyboard you click on will turn green, and all sounds playing on that pitch will be bypassed. As what you're bypassing in this case is the MUTE/suppression, they'll be playing untransposed/un-pitch-corrected. Bypass all pitches that the vocal, or any other sound you want to retain, is playing on, by clicking the relevant keys.
- You may want to also bypass some neighboring notes to avoid the vocal fluttering in terms of level if it gets assigned to a semitone below or above due to pitch fluctuations.
- Again, adjust the trio PURIFY, ELECTRIFY and ALGO MODE to taste to optimize.
- If you want to get rid of just a couple of notes/pitches, you could set ALL keys to bypass, then UN-bypass those you want to get rid of. That may be way faster than manually bypassing pitches to be retained, depending on what you want to do.
- The quickest way to do it this way around is to temporarily switch to the REPEAT mode (which copies whatever states you set on the 3-oct keyboard to all octaves). That way, you can set all pitches to BYPASS with "just" 12 clicks. Then, go back to CUSTOM and un-bypass whatever you want to get rid of.

(Note to self: there should be a modifier click option to temporarily toggle between REPEAT and CUSTOM, like there is when dragging the sliders, as well as a combo that sets toggles all keys in an inverting manner)

Now if the problem to solve is even more complex than that and the melodies etc change around, so that for example in the chorus the vocal changes to pitches you need to suppress in the verse, use the SNAPSHOTS to save different bypass settings and recall them via automation. Or, you could activate MIDIMAP and play whatever you want to retain via MIDI. That's actually pretty fun ;-)

Do feel free to email me a short section of a song you want to process & I'll make you a preset for that to demonstrate more practically. May take a couple of days to get that done though as I'm currently getting about a hundred emails an hour (no kidding...).

HTH,
Denis
Thanks for the details!

Maybe worth mentioning it’s at iteration 1.5 and reduced to $89 over at jrr for Black Friday etc

Return to “Effects”