Downgrade Arturia's Mini V ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If one own a license for MINI V 2.5 (as I do) Is it possible to also use previous versions with that license?

I would actually like to downgrade to an earlier version. However those versions doesn't appear on Arturia's website. I also don't know if they where available in 64-bit.

Do you guys know something about this?

I think the main issue is the protection system: Arturia switched from Syncrosoft/eLicenser to their own C/R protection. I think it was around version 2.6.

If you still have an eLicenser dongle with the old license, then you should be able to use the older versions, otherwise you're out of luck.
Getting hold of the installers could be another issue, since they are not listed on the website. Back in the days, Arturia had an ftp site for the installers, I don't know if they still have it nowadays. Also, as you may know, this plugin was once called Minimoog V and then the name (and the badge on the instrument) switched to Mini V when the license on the name ended. Maybe that could be the reason the old installers are not listed on the website (I'm just speculating).

If I'm not mistaken, Minimoog V had 64 bit support (I don't remember if it was a 2.0 feature or if it was introduced with a minor update). Anyway, unless it's for recalling old sessions, I would use the latest version, because of the bugfixes.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

i dunno, but im glad i got my free copy of minimoogV when they gave away free serial numbers
it is still my favorite minimoog emu
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

sfd wrote:If one own a license for MINI V 2.5 (as I do) Is it possible to also use previous versions with that license?

I would actually like to downgrade to an earlier version. However those versions doesn't appear on Arturia's website. I also don't know if they where available in 64-bit.

Do you guys know something about this?
You can use different versions of Arturia's stuff at the same time. I'm using V3 and V5 collections at the same time, usually in the same project (like the one I'm working on as I type this, for example :wink:).

I don't know when they added 64-bit versions, since they already had them by the time I got the V3 collection.

Are you getting an error when you try to use different versions together?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Thanks, that was very informative !

When I got Mini V / Minimoog it was protected by eLicenser. So I've a license on my USB key. When I got a new computer and wanted to install the plug-in again I discovered that I didn't had a copy of the installer available. So when I went to their website and downloaded the installer it turned out that it didn't work with my USB key. This wasn't a problem because the serial was listed in My Arturia and , so, I just hade to grab their Command Center tool and everything was fine.

But now I would like to use the version of the plug-in that works with my USB key ( because I prefer the arpeggiator section on that version ).
But indeed - getting hold on an olde rinstaller seems to be quie an issue.

Also, I'm not sure of the exact version number for the last version that worked with eLicenser.

Maybe I should send Arturia an e-mail.

Sorry for the typos. I'm visually impaired.

Cheers !

sfd wrote:Thanks, that was very informative !

When I got Mini V / Minimoog it was protected by eLicenser. So I've a license on my USB key. When I got a new computer and wanted to install the plug-in again I discovered that I didn't had a copy of the installer available. So when I went to their website and downloaded the installer it turned out that it didn't work with my USB key. This wasn't a problem because the serial was listed in My Arturia and , so, I just hade to grab their Command Center tool and everything was fine.

But now I would like to use the version of the plug-in that works with my USB key (because I prefer the arpeggiator section on that version).
But indeed - getting hold on an olde rinstaller seems to be quie an issue.

Also, I'm not sure of the exact version number for the last version that worked with eLicenser.

Maybe I should send Arturia an e-mail.

Sorry for the typos. I'm visually impaired.

Cheers !
No typos here, my friend. :wink:

If you're trying to use the old version of their Minimoog emulation, you're going to have a problem, since Arturia doesn't support that any longer. You could probably explain your situation to them, but if they no longer support it, I doubt they'd "officially" send you the installation file.

When I've contacted Arturia, they've usually been helpful...though a bit slow to respond. Hopefully you'll get someone there who can "suggest" where you "might" find an installer, if that's all you need. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

You can find some links via The Wayback Machine. FTP links won't work but HTTP ones will. Unfortunately if you're looking for the Windows version, the 2.0.1 installer is an FTP link.

http://web.archive.org/web/201201042344 ... dates.html

Arturia gave away the free Minimoog V because the agreement they had with the Bob Moog Foundation to use his name ran out. Hence why it became Mini V. So maybe they can't distribute the old version.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Instruments”