Universal Patch Finder

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Universal Patch Finder

Hello guys, I'm happy to announce that UPF is now 3 times faster to compute audio thumbnails (spectrograms). I replaced the C# code by native C++, including CUDA stuff for GPU.
I made a RC5, give it a try, but beware it may be buggy. Anyway, It works like a charm on my 2 PC.
What I did:
- if a Nvivida GPU is here, SampleTagger will use it to compute spectrograms
- if not, a fallback to CPU will be used (it is a little bit less fast)
- UPF is now a 64 bit application. I drop 32 bit. So it will be installed in C:\Program Files instead of C:\Program Files (x86)

Configuration:
C:\Program Files\Universal Patch Finder\Plugins\SampleTagger\SampleTagger.ini
UseNativeAnalyzer=True
NativeAnalyzerMode=GPU_OR_CPU

Note:
This is the first time I deploy a CUDA application, so I expect troubles and surprises. Let me know if it crash. I don't know if it works with people using SLI, or with people without Nvidia GPU, or with people with very old Nvidia GPU. If my code works proplery, it should use only the CPU when the GPU is not there.

I successfully tested UPF on the following hardware:
GeForce GTX 1060 Mobile
GeForce GTX 770

Hi Droopy6,

Just trying out 1.7rc5. So far so good, although playback on click of sample is now slower than before (about 2 or 3 seconds usually).

Anything specific you want tested?

THanks for the update!

Crashed it. Opened it, imported a library of .wav files, played the sounds, everything fine. Then I enabled the plugins Sampletagger, TagByLength and TagByPath, tried to rescan the library, and it crashed.

UPdate: It's just SampleTagger. Enabling the other two scripts and rescanning is fine. Enabling Sampletagger and rescanning crashes UPF.

Another one. This from opening a new instance, and clicking on a sample in a library to play it:

NAudio error
The file [filename] is not playable by NAudio API. This can happen when chunk size are wrong.
Format: 44100Hz 32Bits 2Ch
NAudio error: Object reference not set to an instance of the object.

This one should be here in previous versions. NAudio is used in standalone mode, and this lib is not very robust. In DAW mode, I don't
use it, it should work.

Ah, OK. I'll try it in the DAW.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi everybody,

I just discovered this software, which seems to fit my need, through this site:
https://www.audiokeys.net/forum/forum/b ... of-samples (https://www.audiokeys.net/forum/forum/besoin-d-aide/la-mao-musique-informatique/les-logiciels/7012-existe-t-il-un-soft-pour-g%C3%A3%20%20rer-of-bookstores-of-samples)

So I downloaded version 1.6.

First impression:
-The graphics is nice. :clap:
-Obligated to install ASIO4ALL. The sound card of my PC is not recognized. Too bad. :?
-The guide is only in English. : o (Yet, July 24, 2013 at 15h18, you speak very well French :wink: ).
-It's free. A big thank you in passing :tu:

That's it for the moment ...

Hi there,
you can PM me, we will talk in french :-)
there are more recent versions than 1.6 (not released yet).

Super !

Why do I get a ping request from you when I have this plugin installed? Is this some kind of malware?

Sure, I'm actually connected on your PC :hihi:
It is a check update nothing more. don't panic.
You should panic taking a look on the outbound connections of Windows 10 or NVidia instead...
:hug:

droopy6 wrote:Sure, I'm actually connected on your PC :hihi:
It is a check update nothing more. don't panic.
You should panic taking a look on the outbound connections of Windows 10 or NVidia instead...
:hug:
I find this not acceptable. I'd rather have Microsfot in my outbound connections.. You were able to look in my %windir% folders too. You can ''update check'' others with your finicky products, i'm done with plugin. Goodbye.

Do you know that in the setting you can disable the check update ?
Anyway, I'm a kind of agree with you: all of these check updates, auto updates, becomes more and more annoying... especially on android tablet for instance... this is completely crazy, I have tons of updates every weeks.

Hello guys, I finished my new website after 4 years of procrastination. :-)
UPF 1.7rc8 is there.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”