!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jowen wrote:Running with coffee all the day and some beer for the night I was learning Numerology and Reaktor Core in the years waiting for !Epoch, So I have to be thankful to Colin that he gave me the time to learn.
But today it is only some fun for me here, think I do not need !Epoch any more.
Numerology and Reaktor is a wonderful and powerful combination, made some blocks that they could communicate together.
Those two certainly sound like a very strong combination for music-making, design and experimentation :)
(TBH, I've always fancied buying Reaktor but I'm too scared I'd be lost down a rabbit hole if I ever got it!).

be shure the hole is deep, deep, deep, deep, ep, p!

Are we looking at a release this year?

Absolutely. Personal life issues have lost me a lot of development time over the past few months - we've been dealing with a family bereavement - but there simply just isn't much left to finish, thankfully.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

That sucks :(

This is going to make alot of noise when it hits the ground, sounds like it a bit of a game changer!!
Everyone will be scrabbling to review it, I predict Computer Music mag will give it 10/10 hehe
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Everyone will be scrabbling to review it, I predict Computer Music mag will give it 10/10 hehe
If they can understand it ;-)

Hope things are sorting themselves out on the home front Colin.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Everyone will be scrabbling to review it, I predict Computer Music mag will give it 10/10 hehe
some of the reviewers might not live to see the release, given the current pace :hihi:

To keep this thread alive and a new date for Collin:
The latest informations about the Numerology 5 development coming in spring 2018.
Have a look here:
http://five12.net/showthread.php?t=3479

Numerology seems completely different to me tho, at best a subset of what we have seen and heard of !Epoch - which admittedly is very little. Also Numerology is Mac only. I just dont see Numerology as relevant, !Epoch will be released some time maybe, perhaps not at all, but without any relation to Numerology development. If I had a Mac I would have bought Numerology years ago but that would not be the same as what we have seen of !Epoch, not even close. But of course there is no !Epoch available whereas there is Numerology.

Thanks for the notice. Looks interesting, although I don't think there is a massive overlap in the functionalities of the two products. If only I had the time, I would love to spend some to see what Numerology can do: but alas!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: I would love to spend some to see what Numerology can do: but alas!

Funny , a couple of pages back you said that epoch would exceed numerology in features

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=454461&start=345
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer wrote:Absolutely. Personal life issues have lost me a lot of development time over the past few months - we've been dealing with a family bereavement - but there simply just isn't much left to finish, thankfully.
Sorry to hear about the family issues, Colin. Sending good thoughts :)

gentleclockdivider wrote:you said that epoch would exceed numerology in features.
It does, simply by virtue of Epoch having much lower-level components, proper data types, recursive event handling, scripting, etc: all things that, from a casual play, appears clear that Numerology doesn't. (Which isn't to attack Numerology: I've heard of plenty of impressive things made with it.)

So is there any Loomer news ?
I really want my Sequent on IOS haha
It has to be said, tracking whatevepochitscalled is funny, because it tracks right along with mobile devices, when this thread started, Mobile devices had little softwsre that could put it on the map, now with the Beatmaker 3, Poison 202, Audio Damage plugins and a good few others, it is a viable platform.

So now my betting is which comes first, IOS 11 jailbreak so that i can use a mouse, or whatever this is called haha.
Duh

bungle wrote:I really want my Sequent on IOS haha.
Someone did ask me about this before actually - can't recall if it was you or someone else. I've got as far as having internal builds of Loomer plug-ins as AUv3 format. So technically, I'm on the road to an IOS release, but haven't allocated enough time or thought into the economic feasibility, let alone looked into improving the UI for tiny screens and those inaccurate stubby pointing devices that we call fingers. I'd rather get this beast out before I divert too deeply into other projects. Let me get this out first, and then we'll talk about what you'd want for an IOS release.

Return to “Loomer”